Poll: Have you tried pet battles?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The only reason I battle pets is to collect more pets only obtainable through battles... I was pretty into collecting back in BC to the point that I had little room for much else in my bank =o

I enjoy them from time to time and have two of the celestial pets. I go long periods without doing any, then do loads for a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    How many of you have tried Pet Battles?
    Yes, many times.

If you have, what do you find fun about the feature?
    I like the strategy involved. You may say "oh it's only matching pet types up" in PvE but that's really not the case. Unless you have a huge arsenal of optimal level 25s it requires skill and planning to win for example the celestial tournament.

The PvP feature I find pretty "meh". Not much reason to do it except power leveling pets with a friend. (It is also not really that balanced despite blizzards best efforts.)

What do you think can be improved?
    1.) Remove "Miss" and "Crit" completely (except on some special buff/debuff abilities). Nothing is more frustrating than loseing battles just because your 90% hit ability missed twice in a row while your oponent crits.

2.) Make it MUCH easier to level pets to 25. Nobody likes the grind and it takes WAAAAAAAAAAAY too long.

What would you add to the feature if you were the developer?
    More challenging PvE content (like Celestial Tournament and lil Oondasta!).
    Last edited by mmocb100f50513; 2014-02-12 at 01:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are a nice way to level toons as much as pets. Depending on how savvy one is, they can be even faster than leveling through quests. The disadvantage is to not making any gold, unlike to questing.

I'm pretty avid I guess. To me they give me a break from anything else the game has to offer, and are some of a "me time".
    Only thing is........... I need new pets... Nothing left to catch. Nothing left to level. Nothing left to buy either, except the very high price items like kites, spectral tiger pup and the damn ToT normal/heroic pet, that never wants to drop..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    other: did them just cause i ran out of other things to do, nothing special but at least they are so simple i can lvl alts without moving from one spot , half afk while watching streams ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    579 pets, 569 are rare (the 10 that aren;t are non combat pets) 292 (ish) at level 25. Got 2 of the 4 celestials.

Hate the PvP side of it, especially the pvp battles achie for one of the pets. I typically pve and enjoy levelling my pets and characters at same time, really dislike the requirement to min/max for some things though. Requiring certain combinations of pets to defeat some trainers (especially the celestials scenario) really stinks to me and removes the "it's just a bit of fun" element of it.

I am an achievement collector, so I did everything up through the Celestial tournament because there was an achievement attached to it. I find pet battles to be a big timesink that doesn't really hold my interest, the fun I get from them is more because of the achievement than playing pokemon.

They're pretty fun and I look forward to seeing how the system evolves in the future. I much prefer collecting new pets to battling other players, though. There's just too many poorly balanced teams popping up whenever I try!

tryed them but found it pretty boring, used to like pokemon when i was a kid but played the shit out of it and dont really find that sort of thing fun anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Norjak View Post
    I am an achievement collector, so I did everything up through the Celestial tournament because there was an achievement attached to it. I find pet battles to be a big timesink that doesn't really hold my interest, the fun I get from them is more because of the achievement than playing pokemon.
    Ditto too. I did like Magic The Gathering in the past though (thingy that launched all modern card games like pokemon).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    579 pets, 569 are rare (the 10 that aren;t are non combat pets) 292 (ish) at level 25. Got 2 of the 4 celestials.

Hate the PvP side of it, especially the pvp battles achie for one of the pets. I typically pve and enjoy levelling my pets and characters at same time, really dislike the requirement to min/max for some things though. Requiring certain combinations of pets to defeat some trainers (especially the celestials scenario) really stinks to me and removes the "it's just a bit of fun" element of it.
    How many of yours are unique?
    I'm sitting at 574 unique, 561 are at max level. The difference are non-battle pets. Duplicates aren't in the count. It seems from that, there's 12 non-battle pets, since I have 1 pet atm that's unique and at level 18. It's going to be 25 today.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time I do pet battles is when I need to make some money so I'll level up a few pets and sell them.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    How many of yours are unique?
    I'm sitting at 574 unique, 561 are at max level. The difference are non-battle pets. Duplicates aren't in the count. It seems from that, there's 12 non-battle pets, since I have 1 pet atm that's unique and at level 18. It's going to be 25 today.
    All are unique, I don't hold duplicates. Not got round to getting Argent Squire (alliance on yet).

My collection: http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/Rixis/

10+ Year Old Account
    I have always liked turn-based tactical combat. It's what kept me playing FFX for so long. That, and some of the pets actually sell ok.