Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Would rather have seen Interrupting Shout and Mass Spell Reflect just be replacements for Pummel and Spell Reflect. Extremely crap change for both PVE and PVP. Gonna be horrible for CMs :/ Not sure what other stuns Warrior's have which aren't talents, which will now be Warbringer, Shockwave and Stormbolt.
    Yeah a much more sensible change, well assuming interrupting gets the lower CD. This change is just such huge idiocy. They did this before in Cata. This did this stupidity before, and we all went warbringer, and we all will again, and instead of being a good class in high end arena, where we arent OP right now, we will be a mediocre one, but all the casters QQing will still get shit on by Warbringer Bladestorm warriors at 2k, you better believe that, and RBGs wont change much either.

They are repeating the mistakes they made last expansion, how can they not see this. Holinka is retarded if he cant see this.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranaas View Post
    asking again ;

where the hell is mage nerfs?
    LOL

you have a bigger chance to see the loch ness monster dancing with big foot than to see that

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    If a class isn't popular, it probably isn't OP.
    Hah, no. If a class isn't popular, it probably takes more than 2 brain cells to excel at.
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

This reeks of arbitrarily rearranging shit to keep things "fresh" and exciting, and to keep the playerbase interested (in theory, of course). Which is bullshit, if I thought a class was boring I wouldn't play it in the first place.

It's a super-cheap, shitty, minimum-investment game design method based on an unproven concept that hasn't really worked out but has stuck around anyways, most likely due to internal politics at Blizzard. Personally, I'm fucking sick of it. Unnecessary changes to core class abilities for no apparent reason... And don't even suggest it's to reduce the amount of CC in the game. For one thing, they could start by removing the 10 years worth of CC that's been added after the charge stun. For another, if they insisted on altering the ability for pvp they could just alter Charge in pvp instances.

They've been doing this with all classes for a few years, and they've flat out said it's to keep things "interesting". I'm not a monkey and I'm not a fucking five year old, I don't constantly need new shit just for the sake of it to keep my attention. Blizzard needs to quit insulting our intelligence and they need to stop basing their game design on pop psychology and Zynga principles.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternategray View Post
    Blizzard needs to quit insulting our intelligence and they need to stop basing their game design on pop psychology and Zynga principles.
    Have you done any LFR, sir? If not, I suggest you try it out to disabuse yourself of this notion that the blizzard player base at large has anything resembling intelligence to be insulted.

That said, I actually do agree with you. Change for the sake of change is the worst.
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Yes, Rogues are more imbalanced then warriors, utility kit is far better with an ability to match every warrior ability in a better way 4, 5 and 6s stuns instead of 1.5,4,4, infinite gap closer with burst of speed, or vertical gap closer with step, synergy is better as well with tricks and prey on the weak acting as a berserker buff for their teammate during burst, high burst on a 1min CD without talent and without giving up CC, yet the playstyle of the class is simply not enjoyable, the constant restealthing, the constant maintaining of short term buffs, to play rogue properly you dont get to stay in the fight, you have to run out, you have to wait to get CC off, you have get your buffs up when needed, its a hassle, Warrior isnt a hassle, yet the Rogue kit when played correctly is superior then warrior's.

Top arena numbers say, you are wrong, delusional, or both. Sorry man, warriors are far superior to rogues right now. It's simple math- even adjusting for the class being less common (and pretending that this is driven entirely by some playstyle thing rather than the general class power of these classes, especially in pvp), you are vastly overrepped on warriors are rather underrepped on rogues.

You can believe as you like. But, you are very much wrong, and hopefully others that read this thread are not as misled as you.

Every time someone says the word iconic a warrior loses an arena match.

It's being changed not removed.

I wonder how people would feel if the roots were not broken by freedom and such.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    And 5 min Blessings. Their refreshing them mid-raid was iconic.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL. Warriors have too much mobility as it is, they are practically unpeelable. Even Blizzard feels it's too much.

I played paladin back then, and when you add in the 40 man raid size, I would actually spend more time buffing than actually doing anything for the encounter. Was not the most fun game play. But then again back then we had no DPS meters and a 40 man raid could have upwards of 20 people doing nothing and still be a win. encounters were very easy to understand and complete, the real skill was getting 40 people together and managing them all.

Warriors have gotten a lot of tools over the years, so have all the classes. Point is that the game is constantly evolving as it should in order to be a more in depth experience and keep people engaged and challenged. If you want Blizzard to never change certain aspects of anything in the game then all you are really doing is holding onto something because you know that it makes it easier for you to win in comparison to those around you.

Everyone complaining about it being iconic are just upset that the class will not be a easy to play as it has been this whole expansion, no amount of "iconic" or "balance" red herring will change that fact.

The real problem with warriors right now is the skill floor is super low. It has made them flood the PvP scene and have a lot of mediocre players seem more skilled than they actually are. I am actually in favor of bringing back some of the skill to a warrior (same can be said for hunters) and then let everyone whine as they move on to an easier to play class like frost mages.

Hunters and warriors used to be the class that in the hands of a good player were abusive, but in the hands of most were a joke. Most of it back then was based around macros and junk play, but there was a lot that revolved around knowing when to be offensive and when to be defensive and how to counter specific abilities. Now both classes are just mongo damage while having no downside and not having to make any decisions beyond should I do damage or should I do damage and instantly CC that guy with no drawback?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Top arena numbers say, you are wrong, delusional, or both. Sorry man, warriors are far superior to rogues right now. It's simple math- even adjusting for the class being less common (and pretending that this is driven entirely by some playstyle thing rather than the general class power of these classes, especially in pvp), you are vastly overrepped on warriors are rather underrepped on rogues.

You can believe as you like. But, you are very much wrong, and hopefully others that read this thread are not as misled as you.
    Yeah because people only play a class because of how well it does in Arena. It cant possibly be that a class that is less powerful yet incredibly more fun has better representation... no that is just way too far out there thinking for you.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah because people only play a class because of how well it does in Arena. It cant possibly be that a class that is less powerful yet incredibly more fun has better representation... no that is just way too far out there thinking for you.
    Or someone likes rbgs so they play classes that suit that better. Like I play much more rbgs than arena.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Honestly, change anything about warriors bar that, it is like THE main signature ability of Warriors and them doing things like this to stop people crying is why I no longer really enjoy the game, remove some stuns from the awful new talent system they implemented and stop trying to make every class so generic and same old same old, they ruined healing this way, and DPS is getting closer and closer to it, now even utilities that have been signature since day 1 are being changed..

They did this before in Cata. This did this stupidity before, and we all went warbringer
    What are you even talking about there wasn't another option in cata for arms. You took juggernaut or nothing... If you didn't take it there was no charge in combat for you... Warbringer in cata was a prot only talent that had nothing to do with stunning for more time.
    Last edited by Wow; 2014-02-03 at 06:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    What are you even talking about there wasn't another option in cata for arms. You took juggernaut or nothing... If you didn't take it there was no charge in combat for you... Warbringer in cata was a prot only talent that had nothing to do with stunning for more tim
    Unless you were a complete idiot, in patch 4.06, you spec'd Warbringer as charge stun DR'd with all other stuns. They nerfed charge to appease Warrior QQers, and we all ended up taking WarBringer, which just pissed people off more as they sat in 3s stuns and got blown the fuck up.

Which is going to be the same result if this charge change goes live.

Unless you were a complete idiot, in patch 4.06, you spec'd Warbringer as charge stun DR'd with all other stuns. They nerfed charge to appease Warrior QQers, and we all ended up taking WarBringer, which just pissed people off more as they sat in 3s stuns and got blown the fuck up.

Which is going to be the same result if this charge change goes live.
    There was no other talent option then.... Did you even read what you replied to? You seem to not remember cata talents at all yes they made charge stun dr one patch and the same talent that let you use it in combat made the stun longer it was a talent everyone was already taking... Warriors spec'd nothing different as arms as there was nothing else to spec other than going fury or prot....
    Last edited by Wow; 2014-02-03 at 07:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this change affects more then the golden land of PVP.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Good change, should have done it sooner. You warriors that think being able to charge ever 20sec to get a 3sec stun instead of every 12sec for 1.5sec isn't a big deal just wait. This I think is the perfect fix as long as they don't go any further with the nerfs. They could've either went this route or raised pummel and spell reflect cd to 35sec. I think this will hurt war more against other melee than against casters.
    Last edited by Drenan; 2014-02-03 at 07:43 PM.

So, now warriors have to think before charging?

If their target has snare / root immunity, they can either A) Wait or B) Ask teammate to purge, if applicable.

I agree with most people here, would rather shockwave / talented stun go away but it is necessary.

Or, as suggested, warriors will have to go warbringer which decreases their gap closing ability, which I think was blizzard's intention with this nerf.

PS, we all are, and rightfully so getting the CC nerf bat soon. We all will be QQ-ing, warriors are the first in line.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    There was no other talent option then.... Did you even read what you replied to? You seem to not remember cata talents at all yes they made charge stun dr one patch and the same talent that let you use it in combat made the stun longer it was a talent everyone was already taking... Warriors spec'd nothing different as arms as there was nothing else to spec other than going fury or prot....
    So you basically reiterated his point. He isn't saying "warrior spec'd into this instead of that in Cataclysm and it lead to the same problem". He's saying "Blizzard tried this before with making charge stun DR making utterly useless due to stuns dr'ing so fast with how many there are in the game". At least, that's what I think he was getting at.

I don't think people realize that every melee in the game is going to shit on warriors with this change since all of them move faster than warriors already nevermind with freedom effects. There's a reason it utterly shat on warriors in Cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Rogues are more imbalanced then warriors, utility kit is far better with an ability to match every warrior ability in a better way 4, 5 and 6s stuns instead of 1.5,4,4, infinite gap closer with burst of speed, or vertical gap closer with step, synergy is better as well with tricks and prey on the weak acting as a berserker buff for their teammate during burst, high burst on a 1min CD without talent and without giving up CC, yet the playstyle of the class is simply not enjoyable, the constant restealthing, the constant maintaining of short term buffs, to play rogue properly you dont get to stay in the fight, you have to run out, you have to wait to get CC off, you have get your buffs up when needed, its a hassle, Warrior isnt a hassle, yet the Rogue kit when played correctly is superior then warrior's.

If balancing was on the basis of actual power level, Rogues would be losing Nerve Strike completely, not leaving it at 25%, would be losing Tricks in PVP, and would have a CD on Cheapshot.
    You're inadvertently pointing out that rogues have some large trade offs in their tool-kit, and therefore your comparison is simplistic and inaccurate. If rogues have to leave the fight (among other differences), then your attempted apples to apples comparison of abilities does not work. You can't match rogues ability for ability when you don't have those drawbacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    if root DR's with hunter's narrow escape, that's a nerf to KFC -_-

Also, I'm curious what this means "Charge's root will *not* cause creatures to turn and attack you like most roots." taken from front page.

Just weird