So, I am trying out kitty - but unsure about a few things.

Main spec resto, but I am trying feral for the first time since WoTLK - and I've read the guides. So I have the basics, but I need more.
    1. Mangle or Shred - or both?
    2. I've pretty much gotten down the priority rotation, but how does one "burst" dps as a feral druid? Like I can pull 300k on Sha but I can't get the mines down on the belt even on Flex Siegecrafter because my damage ramp up time is so long.
    3. On fights with multiple targets that don't live longer than 2 seconds, (Nazgrim/Norushen/Immerseus) - I get that thrash is a big part of my rotation, but what happens then there is only 1 or 2 up (Nazgrim)? What should I be using to kill them?
    4. I have LFR AoC, and Normal Haromm trinkets - as well as normal Re-Origination trinket. Would the LFR AoC be better than normal Re-Origination? I did the comparison on Catus, and the difference was statistically insignificant (like a 1k DPS difference) - but when I switched to Re-Origination/Haromm's rather than AoC/Haromm's my DPS went up significantly. I want to attribute that to trinket choice, but I switched from clicking to binds, as well as gotten more used to the rotation, and gotten a few new pieces as well. I'll log out on feral once Blizzard gets the hampster wheels running again for their login servers.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...drood/advanced

5. Is there anything else I am doing wrong in my rotation or that I can improve?
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/j6w0jyt8jh8sb0xf/

1. Both - use shred at procs(t16,berserk,omen,+++).
    2. Feral burst is start of fight when trinkets proc.
    3. Everything but RIP, finishing with roar.
    4. These questions make me sick already.
    5. Use raidbots.com log compare. Compare yourself to top10 parses.

Deleted
    to burst you can use incarnation+berserk and then use ravage instead of mange.
    thats realy good burstdps

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll go down your list in order...
    1. Mangle should be used as your main combo point builder. Shred should be used when you have excess focus and/or you're in Berserk mode or during Lust/Heroism.
    2. Burst dps can still be quite high but you're right it can take some time to get there. The Tier 16 4 piece helps this significantly, allowing you to get an incredibly good rip off (especially if you're using Dream of Cenarius) really early in a fight. Ferals usually don't do belt groups (I've seen a few on heroic Siege do so) since our ramp up time is a tad unappealing but you should still be able to get the job done with tiger's fury into a full rip and rake using DoC.
    3.Depending on difficulty, Nazgrim's adds are usually up long enough to get at least a decent rake and thrash up on the target. Regardless, try and get rakes up on all of them. Norushen adds as a feral druid I don't even bother with. Sometimes when I have a clearcasting proc I will try and thrash close to many adds so I can damage them that way but classes like hunters and warriors can handle those a lot more efficiently. Immerseus....do whatever you can to kill them. Regardless of all of this, Thrash should still be in your single target roation when it doesn't affect the uptime of your rip, rake and Savage Roar. Ideally using it on clearcasting procs is recommended.

4.Haromm's and RoRo is the way you want to go. RoRo with your gear optimized 1:1:1 with mastery being a tad higher (Use Catus for this) will grant you much more dps than that garbage AoC trinket will give you. (Granted it's good on some fights but the majority of the time Haromm's is better). If you're seriously getting into feral, going back and getting a heroic RoRo will be your best trinket option. It's by far still our best in slot and a feral that knows how to handle its procs (ie getting new rips, rakes and thrashes with it up) is gonna stomp on single target meters.

Lastly, on Catus you want to switch your gemming preference to Yellow. Gemming straight agility is doing nothing for your RoRo trinket. Get your mastery,haste and crit as high as they can go and abuse the crap outta that trinket. The fact that you aren't using DoC as well will lower your numbers but decrease the skill level of the spec. If you start using DoC and properly at that RoRo will become an even better trinket to have.

Hope this helps. Cheers
    Last edited by Uruborros; 2014-02-01 at 12:41 AM.

Disclaimer: feral is my offspec, I'm not a great expert.

1. I always use Shred if possible, Mangle if required due to mob positioning.
    2. Burst is not really very easy as a cat, you get a bit with Tiger's Fury and a bit more with Berserk, but apart from that you're not at all a bursty class. I wouldn't put a feral druid on the belt on Siegecrafter.
    3. I'd apply a Rake, one/two Shreds, use the CP for a Roar, then go back to main target.
    4. No idea. I use AoC/Timeless trinket, but only because I don't have a Haromm's.
    5. Looks okay to me.

One more point, I generally prefer the Stampeding Roar glyph over the Rebirth one. 30 yard SR range is far more useful than 10 yard.
    Blencathra <Hexx> - Guardian Druid - Chamber of Aspects

Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    1. Both - use shred at procs(t16,berserk,omen,+++).
    2. Feral burst is start of fight when trinkets proc.
    3. Everything but RIP, finishing with roar.
    4. These questions make me sick already.
    5. Use raidbots.com log compare. Compare yourself to top10 parses.
    Thanks mmokri. Sorry about the trinket question. I'll do some searches on this forum before asking this question again lol.
    @Uruborros, thanks for the gemming tip. I had no idea that was even possible in Catus.
    @Blecathra - right now I am the only Brez in our raid aside from our pally healer (w/symbiosis). If I am required to rebirth in melee, I feel more comfortable having them at full health when they rez. Stamp roar really isn't effective on most fights this tier except for a few fights (h malk, garrosh, immerseus) and really isn't worth losing the 100% brez into melee. Especially when the alternative is a pally brez that gets the person up with 20% health. But generally I have no issue switching my talents/glyphs on a fight by fight basis and I will keep this in mind for the fights where the 30 yard range could be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Whydrood View Post
    Thanks mmokri. Sorry about the trinket question. I'll do some searches on this forum before asking this question again lol.
    @Uruborros, thanks for the gemming tip. I had no idea that was even possible in Catus.
    @Blecathra - right now I am the only Brez in our raid aside from our pally healer (w/symbiosis). If I am required to rebirth in melee, I feel more comfortable having them at full health when they rez. Stamp roar really isn't effective on most fights this tier except for a few fights (h malk, garrosh, immerseus) and really isn't worth losing the 100% brez into melee. Especially when the alternative is a pally brez that gets the person up with 20% health. But generally I have no issue switching my talents/glyphs on a fight by fight basis and I will keep this in mind for the fights where the 30 yard range could be useful.
    the stamp glyph is nice on thok as well to give people who have weaker speed boosts (shamans in ghost wolf for example, or warriors, pallies, dks etc) a chance to get farther away especially on the higher stacks. Feral is my offset as well and while DoC is higher dps, for me it was too much to learn all at once. Gotta keep epic rips, rakes and thrashes up, have to time my energy regen vs roar and rip...blah blah. I've been a healer all my life and so having to seriously learn allllllllll of it at once was tricky (I normally just it for dailies and fuck proper rotations for that). I'd definitely do it in steps.

RoRo is an amazing trinket and although I only have the normal one, it still is better than any trinket I have access too (recently joined a new guild, recruit status = rare main spec pieces, good fuckin luck with off set ._. ) so I have to roll with HTF renatakis :/ I have a weak aura string that pops up a timer bar to the left of my toon that counts down the time left on the proc so I know exactly how much time I have to get that last thrash/rake/rip off. As was mentioned, AoC is kind of a poopy trinket on most fights (unless it's a really short encounter where you can use your berserk once at start, and then again right off CD and as soon as it's done, the boss is dead). I use AskMrRobot to get my stats as close as possible with mastery only slightly ahead. I have no experience with Catus though so if you know how to use that then I'm sure it's fine, but it wouldn't hurt to double check

You definitely want to mangle more than shred, due to positioning as well as the fact that it costs 5 less energy but does comparable if not more damage most of the time (after you count the energy savings). If you're under berserk and some trinket procs, switch to shred as the energy savings isn't as comparable.

As for burst...outside of berserk you don't have any really :/ TF is good to get a rake/rip going but that's definitely not enough to kill a belt target. try to get someone else to do it if possible until you get more comfortable with the energy bit of feral. For Nazgrim targets, if your guild won't let you sit on the boss, just mangle rake rip (probably not even 5 cp if they melt quickly - like 15 sec or less).

Looked at your sha kill, your roar was up 99% which is great, only one bark skin ( I know it's normal but still! less damage taken ftw. you know this as a healer )
    Your rake up time was a little low - did it fall when you switched to reflection adds? Otherwise, it looks good.

Sorry, that was totally not in the order you asked and remember, take what I say with a grain of salt. It is my offspec as well but I've been feral OS since BC >_> and I still follow the feral guides and all that. Hopefully fragnance or glurp or beepjeep will stop by and give some pro tips.
    Last edited by Jordaen; 2014-02-01 at 08:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.