Deleted

Computer help/advice

Hey guys,

I have a few problems with my computer at the moment. I think i have a pretty good set-up for the games i play like WoW and LoL ect. But one of the problems i have is when i want to do a 25 man raid and we start the fight my fps drops to 15-30 fps even with everything on low. I dont know alot about computers and the specs so ill quickly post mine:

Summary
    Operating System
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz 54 °C
    Bloomfield 45nm Technology
    RAM
    6,00GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20)
    Motherboard
    Foxconn Flaming Blade GTI (Socket 1366) 40 °C
    Graphics
    ASUS VH222 (1920x1080@60Hz)
    1535MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 (NVIDIA) 72 °C
    Hard Drives
    932GB Seagate ST31000528AS ATA Device (SATA) 37 °C
    Optical Drives
    ATAPI DVD A DH20A1P ATA Device
    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

I would have thought with this set up i would be able to atleast play with 60 fps on low but appearently not and i cant figure out what is wrong. Some of my friends say it might be my RAM since its only 532Mhz. I hope you guys can help me decide if i need to replace anything.

Which brings me to my second problem. For a while now i've seen when i go to My computer->Properties and i go to the RAM it says:" 6,00GB (3,99Gb Available), and if i use programs like CanIRunThis it says i only have 4 RAM. I've checked alot of thread's about it and cant find a solution, the only thing i've done is removed them to see if there was any fysical damage but none that i could find. Anyway i hope you guys can help me.

Thanks in advance

The first thing I'd do is grab an aftermarket cooler and overclock the CPU to 4.0, even though you should already be getting higher FPS than that so the issue is definitely somewhere else. An extra 30% performance doesn't hurt though.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    The first thing I'd do is grab an aftermarket cooler and overclock the CPU to 4.0, even though you should already be getting higher FPS than that so the issue is definitely somewhere else. An extra 30% performance doesn't hurt though.
    And get some air on that GTX 480, that is a bit toasty.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nympharia View Post
    Hey guys,

I have a few problems with my computer at the moment. I think i have a pretty good set-up for the games i play like WoW and LoL ect. But one of the problems i have is when i want to do a 25 man raid and we start the fight my fps drops to 15-30 fps even with everything on low. I dont know alot about computers and the specs so ill quickly post mine:

Summary
    Operating System
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz 54 °C
    Bloomfield 45nm Technology
    RAM
    6,00GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20)
    Motherboard
    Foxconn Flaming Blade GTI (Socket 1366) 40 °C
    Graphics
    ASUS VH222 (1920x1080@60Hz)
    1535MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 (NVIDIA) 72 °C
    Hard Drives
    932GB Seagate ST31000528AS ATA Device (SATA) 37 °C
    Optical Drives
    ATAPI DVD A DH20A1P ATA Device
    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

I would have thought with this set up i would be able to atleast play with 60 fps on low but appearently not and i cant figure out what is wrong. Some of my friends say it might be my RAM since its only 532Mhz. I hope you guys can help me decide if i need to replace anything.

Which brings me to my second problem. For a while now i've seen when i go to My computer->Properties and i go to the RAM it says:" 6,00GB (3,99Gb Available), and if i use programs like CanIRunThis it says i only have 4 RAM. I've checked alot of thread's about it and cant find a solution, the only thing i've done is removed them to see if there was any fysical damage but none that i could find. Anyway i hope you guys can help me.

Thanks in advance
    Most programs show RAM speed without doubling (Double Data RAM), which means you have to multiply 532 by 2 and you get 1064 (close to standart 1066), so don't worry about it. Sure it's slower than 1600, but with CAS of 7 it's not THAT bad.

Few things you should do:
    1) download CPU-Z program, it will show you more info on CPU and RAM.
    2) get some program that shows GPU/CPU load. Personally I use MSIAfterburner.

Report back values

And like @tielknight said, that GPU temp is a bit high-ish, my 270x sits at around 54C playing wow on Super Ultra.
    PM me weird stuff :3