Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well, figure there's 168 hours a week, you sleep 8 a day so that's 54 per week, so you're awake say 114 hours. If you work 40 hours, plus maybe an hour a day commute, that's 45 hours. So now you're down to 79 hours. You need to eat and such, figure that's 2 hours a day between eating and preparing food, so 14 hours there. You have 65 hours left still. You need food so you have to go shopping and run other errands, maybe 5 hours a week. You go out with friends to bars or whatever twice a week, that's another 6 hours or so. Now you're down to 54 hours.

That's 54 hours to do hobbies or other not necessary things. Assuming you enjoy multiple hobbies, maybe you golf twice a week, that's about 10 hours. You like a few shows on TV so you never miss them, that's another maybe 5-6 hours, hell you watch your favorite sports team 5 times a week, that's 15 hours. That still leaves you with 24 hours a week to play WoW if you want. That's *significantly* more time than you need to succeed in WoW. You can raid 3 nights a week for 4 hours a night, farm all the mats you need for like 3 hours a week, and then PvP/heroics/LFR whatever for 9 more hours.

So, basically, that's about how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Adults spend an average of 4 hours a day watching television. Nobody seems to wonder how they get the time to do it. Swap 4 hours of TV for 4 hours of gaming and suddenly you're a no-life addict
    I always find it funny that this is okay. No ever questions how much people watch T.V.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. This game doesn't take a large amount of time to play, want to know why? Because it's a fucking game.
    That makes no sense.

OT Sometimes people should except that a MMO isn't for them. I just wish Blizzard could see that also and stop ruining this one.
    Last edited by mmoc93b0a7f85d; 2014-02-01 at 10:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Well, figure there's 168 hours a week, you sleep 8 a day so that's 54 per week, so you're awake say 114 hours. If you work 40 hours, plus maybe an hour a day commute, that's 45 hours. So now you're down to 79 hours. You need to eat and such, figure that's 2 hours a day between eating and preparing food, so 14 hours there. You have 65 hours left still. You need food so you have to go shopping and run other errands, maybe 5 hours a week. You go out with friends to bars or whatever twice a week, that's another 6 hours or so. Now you're down to 54 hours.

That's 54 hours to do hobbies or other not necessary things. Assuming you enjoy multiple hobbies, maybe you golf twice a week, that's about 10 hours. You like a few shows on TV so you never miss them, that's another maybe 5-6 hours, hell you watch your favorite sports team 5 times a week, that's 15 hours. That still leaves you with 24 hours a week to play WoW if you want. That's *significantly* more time than you need to succeed in WoW. You can raid 3 nights a week for 4 hours a night, farm all the mats you need for like 3 hours a week, and then PvP/heroics/LFR whatever for 9 more hours.

So, basically, that's about how it goes.
    You probably don´t have a girl/boyfriend, that would take care of the remaining hours. Plus a few more.

i work 10:30 pm to 7am I play various games and do leisure things from 7-12 I sleep 12-8 and do my household maintenance from 8-10.

Basically I work full time and still get a minimum of 35 hours of gaming a week
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I abuse the welfare system and as such i have all the time in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    *Sound of sirens going off in the background*

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    i ve laughed so hard ) nice one :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert View Post
    You probably don´t have a girl/boyfriend, that would take care of the remaining hours. Plus a few more.
    If your significant other doesn't participate in your hobbies then I'm pretty sure that that's not gonna end very well.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... What? WoW takes the least time to do stuff as it ever had. If I was 20+ in vanilla/bc I would NEVER have been able to play. You used to have to put in so much more time into the game to get somewhere then you do now.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    the worst abuse of a time machine is to succeed in a mmo.
    Pfff why? What else could we possibly do with it? Gota be careful of altering history and all that jazz.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psychopass View Post
    I believe this is only a game for teenagers because only teenagers have enough time to spare for this game.

However, I found that loads of people who are 21+ still play this game.

So the question is: How do you get the fucking time?
    I bite....
    For myself, and something tells me I am not alone on that. I am in my 50s and play WoW.. why? Because I have the time now...
    When I was 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40..... I didn't have the time for stuff like that. I had more important things to take care of. In my spare time I had much more interesting fun things to do, and there wasn't room for such things like video games by a large margin.

Now that I am older, no more kids raising. No more party hardy for days and nights on end, I have the time to kick back, sit on the computer and play WoW as I please. Sometimes I have days where I can play 8+ hours and do so, cause I feel like it. Then I have days, where I don't want to get on the game at all. And I also have no intention to commit myself to anything that has a schedule attached. I have a real life that's filled with schedules and duties. I certainly do not poison my spare time with the same pattern.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid 50s myself and I've been playing since slightly after the game was released here. I'll pretty much agree with Wildtree. For me, the key is to have fun with what I'm doing. If that means not being on the bleeding edge of content, so be it.

When I feel like it, I play. When I'm busy, I enjoy (or at least acknowledge as necessary) whatever is keeping me busy. Somewhere in there, I manage to have enough of a social life to be getting married in the near future, and I take on a variety of extra projects. Have fun with stuff.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    It all depends on what you're doing out of wow to not be able to play a lot and what you're doing in wow to take up time. Couple of years ago during wrath i was a hardcore raider, i had a 9 - 5 job and spent 4/5 nights a week raiding. My girlfriend raided with me so it was a plus, on weekends i did the 'see friends / see parents / go shopping / go out drinking' so it is doable if everyone understands.

Now i actually have more time as i work from home but i cant play twice as much which is odd, i have a new girlfriend who doesn't get the whole sitting infront of a screen for hours on end playing a computer game about orcs, goblins and axes. I also have other commitments that take up alot of my time during normal raiding hours such as 5pm and onwards. HOWEVER, if i wanted to i could find a guild that raids 2 days a week for about 3 hours per night .... seriously 6 hours, you can spare 6 hours a week to play wow.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    Haha thats what my friend does with his GF and they both play wow 24/7 xD

Made my day.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if trolling, so I'll answer:
    I'm 38 years old. Married, with a son, have a full time job. I raid about 2-3 days a week, around 2 hours every time. I log on around 10:00 pm, play until midnight, then log off and go to bed.
    In non raid days I follow a similar pattern; some non raid days I just log on to "refresh" my items in the AH and use professions CDs.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Deleted
    I'm 31 years old. I'm married. No kids though. I'm working from home at the moment but when I was raiding in WoW I was going to work from 8am - 4pm, doing the housework, walking the dog, cooking dinner for my husband, who'd get home at 6pm, we'd sit down, have a nice dinner, talk about our day. Then four times a week, from 8pm - 11pm we'd raid. The other 3 nights we'd do something else - sometimes go out for a movie, go to the beach (weather pending) with the dog, go out and see our parents for a meal, meet with friends, and sometimes we'd have nothing to do and we'd play wow or another game.

What else would we be doing on those 4 raid nights? Most of my friends/family would be watching TV. Do you think you get old and suddenly you have no free time at all? The opposite in fact, I'd say.

Just because you get old doesn't mean there are less hours in the day :P I would say I had less time when I was in my late teens/early 20s, since I had a much more active social life then (most of my friends now have partners and jobs and no one wants to go out clubbing every night anymore). Now my life is a lot more chilled and I have loads of free time to do whatever I want without much pressure from anywhere else. Gaming happens to be something I can enjoy with my husband - and a number of pretty good friends - as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normal people finish work at 5 and tend to have 5-7 hours of free time followed by 48 of free time on a weekend...

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Not all teenagers have tons of free time. Kill the stereotype. Teens / college students range from total loafers to overwhelmed with way too much on their plate — just like everyone else.

2. Extrapolate from there: how does anyone who's busy find time for hobbies? They make it, and take it away from other possible uses of time once all the mandatory stuff is done. That's work, school, chores, etc.

You're probably feeling frustrated because you want to progress your character faster than WoW is designed to allow on a normal schedule.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Adults spend an average of 4 hours a day watching television. Nobody seems to wonder how they get the time to do it. Swap 4 hours of TV for 4 hours of gaming and suddenly you're a no-life addict

I'm lucky that I don't have a typical 9 to 5 job, so I get plenty of time to do what I want.
    yeah this guy has it spot on. for years when ppl asked me how do i make so much time to play, i asked them how do u make so much time to watch those dam mindless reality shows.