Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Teenagers trying to imagine not being teenagers is always a lot of fun.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

I figure out when I have nothing better to do during the week and I set that time aside for gaming. Then I just play during those times. It's a really simple concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psychopass View Post
    So the question is: How do you get the fucking time?
    I don't, which is why I stopped raiding.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    My schedule used to be :

6am-4pm - Wake up and go to work
    4pm-7pm - Me time + Shopping + Cooking etc
    7pm-11pm - Raid

Quit playing because I understand where you are coming from, you only get a few hours a day to yourself after work and all important activities. Quit wow and now have proper time to go to the gym and do whatever I like for the rest of my day. I guess if you really want to make time you should be able to, but it does eat up a lot of free time.

Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    My schedule used to be :

6am-4pm - Wake up and go to work
    4pm-7pm - Me time + Shopping + Cooking etc
    7pm-11pm - Raid

Quit playing because I understand where you are coming from, you only get a few hours a day to yourself after work and all important activities. Quit wow and now have proper time to go to the gym and do whatever I like for the rest of my day. I guess if you really want to make time you should be able to, but it does eat up a lot of free time.
    You raided from 7pm-11pm 7 days a week?

I believe this is only a game for teenagers because only teenagers have enough time to spare for this game.

However, I found that loads of people who are 21+ still play this game.

What are you doing with your life since you don't have time? I'm 33 and have plenty of time to play the game in the evenings. Our bad-ass 5½ raiding hour pr week is of course extremely straining.
    I guess you just work too much. Having 2 jobs or something?
    I don't really watch tv/series a lot, so that frees up more time for wow(and other things)
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

I believe this is only a game for teenagers because only teenagers have enough time to spare for this game.

because not everyone has a bloody job at the age of twenty one, you silly silly person
    and no it's not because they all aren't looking for one,it's because employe's are horrible when it comes down to chosing who should work for them, that's me personaly. i got loads of time playing world of warcraft, while i'm not looking for jobs(which is something I do for 1-2 hours, EACH DAY), so bush. and if you honestly belive that this game is for teenagers, please leave through the front door good sir. oh and as many other people have said before, some people don't simply watch TV etc and they work "normal" hours (40 hours a week)

Simple, don't spend all night watching TV
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    I am 43, have a full time job, a wife & a cat.

We got out socially regularly and spend a lot of time doing stuff together, watching Sports (NFL, Tennis & Snooker mostly), TV series & Films, going out for dinner etc (we are really into Fine Dining).

I go to Pilates once a week and the Gym at least twice a week.

I have all classes at 90 one is working on Normal Garrosh.

To be honest I think you must suck at time management

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Simple, don't spend all night watching TV
    Pretty much this. I work full time, have 2 kids, and have a house I have to keep up with as far as chores go. The game DOES take a lot of time, and it has to come from somewhere. For me I pretty much gave up TV. I DVR (or stream on Hulu or Amazon) Big Bang, Deadliest Catch, Sons of Anarchy, Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Walking Dead and Downton Abbey (and I have an entire season of one or two of these that I haven't gotten to yet) and I watch them when time allows, but I used to watch 2 or 3 shows every night of the week. Plus my kids are a bit older now and don't require the same maintenance and oversight as they used to. I probably get about 3.5 hours of play time a day (say between 8ish and 11ish). Then I watch the Daily Show (and DVR Colbert for Friday & weekends) and go to bed. 3.5 hours of play time on weekdays and 8-10 hours on weekends is enough for me to keep up with a stable of alts and run around and do stuff (right now, for example, I'm just getting alts #6-11 to the Timeless Isle for their free upgrades). No time for raiding though. I've done that before. It's nuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im 20 turning 21 in April, I have an 8 month old daughter and my girlfriend goes to school part time and works part time. Im looking for a job right now but I spend most of my time with my daughter since my gf is at school most of the week. Only time i get to play is about 1-2 hours 2 times a day and then about 3 hours at night when the baby goes to bed and before I go to bed. Having a kid really takes up most of my time but I still have time to log in, do my dailies on my main, then grind timeless for a little bit. (3 bars from exalted and 50k coins away from mount) But yeah you don't really need to spend a lot of time playing to have fun. Even though I REALLY need to get a job and in the fall and I REALLY need to go back to school, I still really want to raid either Mythics with people on my server or a flex group xrealm 2-3 nights a week when WoD comes out because I can manage my time pretty well.

Monk Shaman

I had a bowl of nails for breakfast......without any milk.

It's pretty much impossible for someone employed, maybe with a family, social life and working out to raid full time while still retaining 7hrs of sleep a day.

You'd have to be single and not care much about going outside to balance having a job and raiding hardcore.

Deleted
    Have you ever been to school OP? Probably not.
    It may actually suprise you how little spare time teenagers have these days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Afterthought for the OP ...

I find that it helps a lot to really not think of things in terms of a To Do list. It can get overwhelming that way. If you have 2 hours to play or whatever decide on a short term goal. "For 2 hours I'm going to level x" or "I'm going to grind on Timeless Isle" or "I'm going to farm ore", and then do that. If you can finish what you wanted to do in those 2 hours, then that's a win, and tomorrow is another day. On the other hand, if you sit down and do a list...

I have to:
    Finish leveling my priest
    Finish leveling my rogue
    Get my farm unlocked on my shammy
    Get my farms done on the 5 90s I have
    Eek out my last 35 points for max fishing on my warlock
    Farm rares on Timeless for a few hours
    Regem my whatever
    Reforge my something else
    Farm for this mount
    Farm for that transmog piece
    etc,
    etc,
    etc,
    .... and put a bank's worth of crap in the AH

Then yeah working from a checklist like that is going to plow you under. Baby steps.
    Last edited by Dawnseven; 2014-02-02 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Forgot 2 :D

I have uni 4 days a week, I go to the gym 5 times a week, I go out with my flat mates and STILL have time to get a couple of hours play every day or every other day

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    I currently study architecture (4th year) which is stupidly nasty on the workload front and still manage to find some time to play WoW and go out with friends. It's not difficult, you just have to manage your time.

Unless you have absolutely zero free time whatsoever, then there's no reason why you don't have the time to play.

A lot of the people in my raid team are around 30 and have jobs (some have families too) and they seem to manage to find enough time for our 3 night a week raid schedule.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Oh c'mon, school is a piece of piss work wise compared to university or a full time job - I had absolutely tons of free time then compared to what I have now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Bwahahahahaha. Is this supposed to be funny? Because when you see how much an average teenager watches TV and/or goes on Facebook, it does not compute.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a full time student, have two jobs and am active in two theater troupes. I certainly don't have the same amount of time to play as I did several years ago, but I still manage to get some game time in. It's not impossible.
    Last edited by Lumennon; 2014-02-02 at 01:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    There's this concept called "fun." I know it's foreign to most of the people on this forum, but perhaps you should look into it; there's a school of thought that suggests it's integral to why people play games.