Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psychopass View Post
    I believe this is only a game for teenagers because only teenagers have enough time to spare for this game.

However, I found that loads of people who are 21+ still play this game.

So the question is: How do you get the fucking time?
    Everybody who doesn't work overtime or shifts has shitloads of time to raid. How you choose to spend said time is a differnt topic.

Full time work doesn't really take away any more of a person's time than school does. So if a teenager has time, then so can an adult. As others have said, unless you're working massive amounts of overtime, also going to college, and have a wife and kids that won't let you have any time of your own, then it's not difficult to have game time. What you do with that time is up to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    In France, a 2011 study shows that an average 13-19 year old spends 13.5 hours a week on his computer and 10.5 in front of the TV. In my book, that means that they are not overworked. Granted, it should vary from country to country.
    Not sure why you only mention tv and computer though. If your not going to mention all hobbies it's rather pointless.

That said, I remember me playing WoW every second I wasn't asleep or at school during TBC. I was addicted though. Now with me working depending on my shift I have about 3-6 hours of free time...and at least 50% is spend on the pc with either gaming or video editing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe this is only a game for teenagers because only teenagers have enough time to spare for this game.
    The unemployment rates are kinda high right now.

I feel nothing but pity for people who can't make enough time in their lives for their hobbies.

There's the occasion where you've got somebody working two jobs with a full family or something but for personal reasons I don't care.

I can't raid HM's as I work shift work but I still get full enjoyment out of this game even on weeks I'm working 5 days a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Not sure why you only mention tv and computer though. If your not going to mention all hobbies it's rather pointless.
    Because that's what the study was about. Bottom line, those two things alone already represent a lot of time during the week, so saying that modern teens don't have a lot of spare time is a big leap of faith.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

OT Sometimes people should except that a MMO isn't for them. I just wish Blizzard could see that also and stop ruining this one.
    Pretty much how i feel. Although a few extra dungeons mid-end expansion with better gear wouldn't hurt as everyone need the feeling of progression. LFR is not the right way though.

Full time work doesn't really take away any more of a person's time than school does. So if a teenager has time, then so can an adult.
    Not to mention people who goes to school usually have homework to deal with when they get home as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    The unemployment rates are kinda high right now.
    Personally I found myself spending more time in the game while being the most "busy" as WoW at the time was something consistent in my busy life. As I had more free time I pursued other fun activities especially ones that I could do during the day that I could not previously. Then when I was unemployed I could not justify spending that time playing WoW when I could be doing something more constructive. I feel that urge to just veg out on games when I have breaks from work, but when I dont work long enough I dont like gaming.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-02-04 at 10:01 AM.

This thread reminds me of occasion guild recruitment messages in my server's /4: '6/7 RAIDING GUILD (RT 21:00-01:00) 1/14 HEROIC LF GOOD PLAYERS 570+ TOP50 WOL'

Seriously, there's literally nothing even remotely harder than mario cart in this game, if only everyone on the task (be it pvp or pve, doesn't matter) wasn't a complete retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

10+ Year Old Account
    You still go to school don't you lol

what a load of codswallop.

I know plenty of people over 30 that play this game successfully.

I work 45 hours per week and raid 4 nights and I am over 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    It's pretty much impossible for someone employed, maybe with a family, social life and working out to raid full time while still retaining 7hrs of sleep a day.

You'd have to be single and not care much about going outside to balance having a job and raiding hardcore.
    have a gf, job, active social life, fit and play sports as well as WoW.
    Guild raids two nights a week for two-three hours and we're 9/14 herioc. Your statement is invalid. I detect jealousy.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

15+ Year Old Account

At least one or combination of more of the below comes into play:

- you do not have a girlfriend
    - you do have a girlfriend but you basically don't spend much time together (as in doing something together, not just being at home each minding their own business) and she does all the housework (so she'll probably leave you soon)
    - you are jobless or just too rich to be bothered
    - you have no other hobbies to spend time on
    - your home looks like a nuclear bomb just exploded there as you just don't have the time to clean up (which would be a reflection of your personal life too)
    - you have about as many friends in RL as you could count on one hand's fingers and don't go out much unless necessary

Part from my raids which is a total of 10 hours a week, I don't really got any need to play more if I don't got the time.

10+ Year Old Account

LOLWUT? Ok, of the hundred people I know that play this game, I believe only 4 are teenagers (including myself) and a good chunk are over 30. It seems that the worst ages to play are 19-22, since most half full time jobs and go to school full time. After that age, you just have your job and therefore have a lot of time.

The average work times are 9.00 - 17.00, and most raiding guilds start at 18.00/19.00.

I mean you could technically play and raid every single day for like 6 hours. Even if you devoted the weekends and two weekdays to your family, you still have time to be in a raiding guild, let alone just play the game.

I work 8.00 - 17.00 everyday and was still able to make a five day a week raid schedule during progress whilst having a girlfriend and keeping a clean house.

Just don't 'waste time' in the game. If you're sat in Shrine looking at trade, you should probably do some washing up or something

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple really, I don't work.

Deleted
    Back in the old days, this game required the hours. Today, we can get more done with less time spent.

I really love how Blizzard has evolved the genre towards a more time-friendly direction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleah View Post
    I lead a terribly boring life so I have plenty of time to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleah View Post
    I lead a terribly boring life so I have plenty of time to play.
    Pretty much this, and I'm very happy with that. My girlfriend and I sit at home together, play WoW and have lots of sex.

And based on the excessive amounts of Facebook posts from people who "have lives" I'll take my nerdy life over that ghetto drama any day.