Thread: Removed Spells

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mocking Blow!
    Hi

Blastwave, flame orb

Windwalker Monk were originally going to have a spell called like "Evoke Chi-Ji" or something. Basically a 10 second duration, 3 minute cooldown, 20% - 30% boost to mastery. Considering how useless Windwalker Monks are now, I feel like they should of left it in.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

10+ Year Old Account
    Eyes of the Beast and Divine Intervention, I really don't understand why those two were removed.. Dampen/Amplify Magic, Sentry Totem, etc made sense to be removed but EotB and DI were useful and often used.

I also remember liking Starshards and Shadowguard, but I understand why the racial priest spells were removed (or made available to all priests)

Quote Originally Posted by Ostrich View Post
    Eyes of the Beast and Divine Intervention, I really don't understand why those two were removed.. Dampen/Amplify Magic, Sentry Totem, etc made sense to be removed but EotB and DI were useful and often used.

I also remember liking Starshards and Shadowguard, but I understand why the racial priest spells were removed (or made available to all priests)
    Hardly that useful with Eye of the Beast. Fun as hell, but no actualy use that could better your character in any way. Maybe some shenanigans with mass spamming it in BGs for fun or something.

DI was basically Vanish, but worse. Saves you a repair bill and the other person, but you lose all your buffs like Onyxia's head and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter- Raptor Strike, Mongoose Bite, and Wing Clip. Dat Hunter Melee spec

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud2038 View Post
    Hunter- Raptor Strike, Mongoose Bite, and Wing Clip. Dat Hunter Melee spec
    Those skills were crucial for pvp ^^

Eye of the Beast (Hunter Spell)

and that's really it for me =D

15+ Year Old Account
    Thorns. I want my Thorns back.

Have Thorns replace Genesis. A spell that never should have been added.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    Windfury totem.
    Sentry totem(when you could float in air), poison cleansing totem, and disease cleansing totem. Restrict the use of the cleansing totems in arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Amplify Magic, but I understand why they removed its original form. It would be awesome to come back as either a defensive (Raid Buff boost healing/magic damage taken), or offensive (Same thing but on boss), preferably one spell you could cast on either with a 10 sec duration and a 3 minute CD.

I can only speak for mages, but...

Amplify and Dampen Magic, neither of which I ever used much. They affected both healing and magical damage and thus both had their drawbacks, so I don't think they were ever very popular?

Fire and Frost Ward, which became Mage Ward (I think?) for a bit before disappearing entirely. Also VERY situational, though they could be talented to have a small chance to reflect their appropriate spells, which served as a bit of random fun in PvP.

Blast Wave! I'm a little unclear on how it worked, because it sort of blurs together with all our other fire AoE spells and all their iterations, but I think it was an instant cast knockback, at least for a while?

Also, more a talent than a spell, but remember Impact? It also went through a ton of changes, but I seem to remember it gave ANY spell a chance to stun for a second, at some point in WotLK or something.

Hungering Cold, Unbreakable Armor and Shadow of Death- Death Knight
    Divine Intervention, Holy Shield - Paladin
    Not a spell but the possibility to dual-wield as Arms or Prot (only because dks can do it too) - Warrior
    Eyes of the Beast - Hunter
    Sentry Totem - Shaman
    Insect swarm, thorns - Druid
    Blast wave - Mage

A lot of Death Knight abilities that were simply too cool for words got removed.

I don't have a DK character anymore, but do they still have corpse explosion? Or the one that "freezes the ground around them"?

For priests - Shadowguard (yep, I'm THAT old of a priest player!)

Druids - insect swarm. Though I don't think druids = insects anymore, more of a Death Knight thing. Balance used to be about nature but is now more about the harmony of night and day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    Hardly that useful with Eye of the Beast. Fun as hell, but no actualy use that could better your character in any way. Maybe some shenanigans with mass spamming it in BGs for fun or something.

DI was basically Vanish, but worse. Saves you a repair bill and the other person, but you lose all your buffs like Onyxia's head and such.
    EotB was useful in battlegrounds, have a pet that can stealth + EotB and you can scout around to call out incs while you're hiding and things like that. I mean it wasn't super useful, but it had it's uses beyond being just for fun and I don't think it should have been removed. DI helped in long raids when you were about to wipe so that everyone didn't have to waste time running all the way back to where they were. Like EotB, not super useful but not useless enough to be removed.

another vote for thorns.

why do monks get touch of karma but thorns got removed for being OP when it has essentially the same function?

Mind Soothe. Loved skipping mobs.

Shiv. Pre-MoP Shiv.
    Old shiv with no cooldown that could not be dodged/parried and gave a combo point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaustos View Post
    Shiv. Pre-MoP Shiv.
    Old shiv with no cooldown that could not be dodged/parried and gave a combo point.
    Ah, did I love using Shiv pre-MoP. Especially vs ferals and rogues with evasion up. Imagine being able to shiv to 5 CP through die by the sword lol.

I don't really have any abilities I'd like back since I mainly play monk. Besides that I play mage and rogue. Would be nice to have rank 1 frostbolt back or something or preparation resetting shadowstep. Talking about CDs resetting abilities I'd like readiness' effect of resetting disengage back. Was the only reason why I liked my hunter.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The old Will of the Forsaken.
    Wing Clip - Hunters greatest ability ever.
    4 Totems and each perform a function.
    You cared enough to post.