Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    If your not instantly being revived, I'm not excited about it. Personally, while it may seem odd, either leave it as it is, or revive people. I'm getting really tired of people who think it's the rest of the raids job to rez them after they die, and are too lazy to run back. This could force people to run back and severely cut down on the in between time that is wasted for the most part by people waiting for a rez, not realizing that they have the debuff and no one is individually rezzing 12 people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That's not a good excuse. You're basically saying "Quit qquing" which people have given you and you tell them it's not valid. So pot meet kettle.
    No, I'm telling them to take action. Unlike changes to WoW where the player can't take any action to alter the game (I can't use ammo on my hunter or revert to the old poison model on my rogue), people with slow machines CAN do something about that. So they should.

You also might want to investigate a thing called logic. It's quite useful in life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    No, I'm telling them to take action. Unlike changes to WoW where the player can't take any action to alter the game (I can't use ammo or revert to the old poison model), people with slow machines CAN do something about that. So they should.

You also might want to investigate a thing called logic. It's quite useful in life.
    You're being incredibly snarky. Settle down sport.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damerflinn View Post
    I'm getting really tired of people who think it's the rest of the raids job to rez them after they die, and are too lazy to run back.
    that's not blizzards fault, that's just the people you're playing with.

If its a major issue for you, talk to them or find new people to game with.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Oh good god people UPGRADE. Please, quit bitching about how WoW is slow when you're using a piece of crap from 2005. On any semi-modern PC loading screens aren't a problem.
    My computer exceeds the recommended specs (although by just a smidge -- still, miles ahead of the minimum specs) and sometimes I get hung up on loading screens.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Still wont get people to release and run back on a wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Yeah. People have a tendancy of not liking the cold hard truth and chosing to ignore it. I do not mind really. Those people are "lost" anyway. Will probably turn out fine once they get out into the real world and try to build a career and suddenly not everything goes their way.
    Why does this have to be a situation where people are "getting handed things on a silver platter"? All that blizzard is doing is realizing that it is pointless to force people through 2 additional loading screens when there might be issues that this can cause (people with computers that aren't fast enough to load that many times quickly, connectivity issues, issues with the world server that they are being forced back to for 3 seconds). Blizzard can come up with other ways to punish us for wiping that isn't just forcing us out of the instance. It's not like they are removing repair costs, respawning us right in front of the boss, and automatically rebuffing/well fed/flasking, they are just updating the system to be more accommodating. I welcome this change.

And before you continue to throw around assumptions about people -- I like this change AND I do work in the real world. Liking a change does not have to mean I live in Mommy's basement and want instant gratification.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Deleted
    Praise the lord... No more getting stuck on loading screens.

Got a sucky computer and having to go through two loading screens with kickhappy LFR teams it can be annoying so THANK YOU BLIZZARD I LOVE YOU <3

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can understand the flavor, but most instances have incredibly short runs to the instance portal right now and in most cases are literally a 5 second run. Furthermore checkpoints are enabled at certain points which automatically make you appear at certain points throughout the dungeon, this has been happening since Cataclysm launched.

WoTLK had short run backs as well, but instance check points weren't really a thing and were most explained with odd teleporters being located throughout the instance. Sometimes they made sense, other times they didn't.

TBC/Vanilla had a mixture of short to obscenely long run backs with the odd teleport to certain location NPC.

Good stuff. My computer hates vale and i generally wait in load screen for 10-20 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    I don't see any reason this is a bad thing but I also don't see any way it improves the game other then only 1 load screen.

Inb4 people crying about how this dumbs down the game....
    I'm glad you have a great computer that laughs at load screens; not everyone does.
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

HEHEHEH Another case of "hey dude, do you realize we have the technology to replace this old model for years, already?"

At least they noticed this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    This probably has a non-negligible positive impact on server load, since bouncing between world and instance servers isn't free.

Its a great change when it comes to server stability. Too many times ive been inside an instance just fine where someone releases and gets stuck on load screens while everyone else inside the instance is fine.

Main reason I'm for it is because of how unstable the servers have been recently and the issues with just getting through loading screens on a raid night sometimes. But I agree that Blizzard is making WoW more and more of an action game and has lost a lot of the RPG over the years.

If you dont see the point of this then you cleerly have never raided with someone who has a bad computer. We always had that 1 guy who had to be ressed to save time beause his loading screens were just stupidly long and it was faster for someone to ress him once they got inside then him running.