Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Peoples should be kickable no matter what on LFG

Seriously, it's nearly impossible to kick someone on a dungeon, first you can't kick the guy on the first 15 minutes while after 15 minutes well the dungeon is almost over if not, then you can't kick when in combat or right after getting out of combat, which mean that someone can avoid being kicked by pulling mobs and that kicking someone require to stop progressing in the dungeon for a few minutes which never happen because it's even more of a waste of time, and then you can't kick someone on rands, so the guy just has not to answer it in order not to get kicked.

That's ridiculous, they should let us kick someone no matter what, or at least remove some of the requirements needed to start a vote kick...

Deleted
    But then it might make it a little easier for all the snakes that think they can kick someone for using the Blizzard store to actually kick someone!

It's a complicated topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've never understood these requirements.

Not being able to kick people in combat gets abused, but I mean, why even have this requirement in the first place?
    Having to wait 15 minutes to kick someone? Like you said, by that time, the dungeon is almost over. Easily abused and serves no real purpose.

Because nobody would ever abuse this sort of thing if there were no restrictions on kicking people. The wow player base never abuses anything like this sort of thing... Sure lets kick the tank or healer while we're in combat just for kicks.

OP what kind of solution then do you propose to counter jerks who abuse the kick button to either ninja the loot they want or just plain grief others?

just curious why you want the ability to kick every person you deem unfit for LFR. Maybe your to good for it and you are not the target audience. Flex/Normal/Heroic raids might be your thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Seriously, it's nearly impossible to kick someone on a dungeon, first you can't kick the guy on the first 15 minutes while after 15 minutes well the dungeon is almost over if not, then you can't kick when in combat or right after getting out of combat, which mean that someone can avoid being kicked by pulling mobs and that kicking someone require to stop progressing in the dungeon for a few minutes which never happen because it's even more of a waste of time, and then you can't kick someone on rands, so the guy just has not to answer it in order not to get kicked.

That's ridiculous, they should let us kick someone no matter what, or at least remove some of the requirements needed to start a vote kick...
    Let the person that's chain pulling die and kick them while they're corpse running if it's that big of a problem for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by williedabull View Post
    just curious why you want the ability to kick every person you deem unfit for LFR. Maybe your to good for it and you are not the target audience. Flex/Normal/Heroic raids might be your thing.
    OP said LFG, not LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    The entire reason the cooldowns were put in place is because people were assholes and abused the kick system. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's put in place so elitist jackweasels can't inspect someone, see they're not over gearing the content, and then booting them because the run takes 2 minutes longer than normal. The amount of people kicked out of dungeons for valid reasons is heavily outweighed by the people being kicked because some moron thinks their time is more important than the other people in the dungeon, and unfortunately not many people pay attention to the Vote Kick box and just click REMOVE.

To be honest I think Vote Kicking should be removed except in cases where the person is AFK. Furthermore if the person is AFK it should automatically remove them and give them the deserter debuff the minute the game Auto-AFKs. Does it suck for people who sometimes get pulled away from a dungeon for important reasons? Yeah but it also removes the troublemakers who would rather sit at the entrance and do nothing in hopes someone vote kicks them so they don't get the debuff. Asking for a change to the vote kick system so that you can abuse it further than it already is...Sounds like you're the problem and not the system.

Deleted
    Peoples? Did you mean blacks, jews, asians and such?

Or oh, you probably meant people? Big difference, you know.

Deleted
    I guess you can't kick someone during combat, so that people don't kick you during a boss encounter, and then just have one less player to roll on something they might need. You can't kick someone in the first few minutes so that players can't kick someone right away at the start of the dungeon, though I agree that with how fast you get through dungeons now, the time you have to wait to kick someone is a bit too long. I think that it should be possible to use the vote kick option during a fight, but the actual vote to kick the person should start a few seconds after you're out of combat. The person then is still able to loot and roll on whatever dropped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Because nobody would ever abuse this sort of thing if there were no restrictions on kicking people. The wow player base never abuses anything like this sort of thing... Sure lets kick the tank or healer while we're in combat just for kicks.
    Poor argument. If Blizzard cared about people "abusing" the system, how do you explain LFR?

And I use the word abusing lightly. Especially considering that it's a group decision.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    OP what kind of solution then do you propose to counter jerks who abuse the kick button to either ninja the loot they want or just plain grief others?
    The solution is in game already : the majority of the group has to agree.
    In case of premades, the vote only should count as one.

it used to be less restrictive but assholes like me and my friends abused the system to A) get our friends into the group or B) just because we are assholes

go ahead, hate, i use your tears to fuel my moonfires

Infracted, no need to attempt at flamebait.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-02-02 at 11:28 PM.

The thing you need to keep in mind is that all these hurdles to the kicking process are there to force some level of patience by the group. There have been a couple times where I wanted to kick someone but couldn't only to find that by the time I could kick him, the dungeon was over or I was over the anger and no longer cared about kicking him.

Kicking isn't supposed to be a knee jerk thing you use in every group you find for any valid reason you might come up with. It's there to protect groups from things that are fatal to the idea of completion. If you want to kick someone, but they keep pulling and you can't, tell me, why are you so upset? The dungeon will be over soon enough if things are going well enough that you can chain pull to prevent kicking.

PS - The timer for vote kick initiations are determined by how often you use it and how often the target is kicked. The initial timer against an 0-0 check is after the first 5 minutes, not 15. If you have to wait 15 minutes to kick, it's because you use the vote kick option too often and that's blizzards way of telling you to be more patient.
    Last edited by Novamourne; 2014-02-01 at 05:47 PM.

The biggest problem with kicking folks is how everyone will see a popup and clear screen.

That's incredibly easy to troll and abuse, I've seen instances where one person was acting like a jerk, someone tells them off, a VK comes up and it's the guy telling the person to leave that gets kicked because no one bothered to read the name of whom was going to get the boot.

I'm still more in favor of an "upvote" system where you can just upvote folks if you enjoyed running with them and the matchmaker will try and retain groups of people who have corresponding thumbs up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    It's put in place so elitist jackweasels can't inspect someone, see they're not over gearing the content, and then booting them because the run takes 2 minutes longer than normal. The amount of people kicked out of dungeons for valid reasons is heavily outweighed by the people being kicked because some moron thinks their time is more important than the other people in the dungeon, and unfortunately not many people pay attention to the Vote Kick box and just click REMOVE.

To be honest I think Vote Kicking should be removed except in cases where the person is AFK. Furthermore if the person is AFK it should automatically remove them and give them the deserter debuff the minute the game Auto-AFKs. Does it suck for people who sometimes get pulled away from a dungeon for important reasons? Yeah but it also removes the troublemakers who would rather sit at the entrance and do nothing in hopes someone vote kicks them so they don't get the debuff. Asking for a change to the vote kick system so that you can abuse it further than it already is...Sounds like you're the problem and not the system.
    There are a big number of bots and players who don't give a shit that don't go AFK. It's been a problem in battlegrounds for a long time untill they really looked at it (it still is sometimes) and it's a problem now. Before AFK timer kicks in, half the dungeon is already complete.

I've been saying for quite some time now that the kick system should be automatic and it should work on some sort of minimum requirements... You have to do a certain amount of "X" with X being your class' role in order to stay in the dungeon, if not the system automatically removes you from the group. And I'm not asking for BiS level of DPS/healing, just a tad below average. Say the average DPS is somewhere around 50-60k, put the threshold somewhere at 30-40k over a certain period of time and that's it.

People who actually play this game hit those numbers easily and the ones that watch TV while playing should not be playing. I don't care what you like to do, there are 4 other people in there with you and are commiting their time to pulling your AFK ass through a dungeon. The other day we went to Stormstout brewery and a guy died on the second pack of the mobs and didn't accept the rez or run in untill we got to the second boss already at which point he said "hah sorry TV distracted me". Various other exmaples happen all the time if you play a lot of LFG and it's draining. I rather have people abuse the system over stupid ego problems than me and 3 other guys carrying others who can't be bothered to help the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    The biggest problem with kicking folks is how everyone will see a popup and clear screen.

That's incredibly easy to troll and abuse, I've seen instances where one person was acting like a jerk, someone tells them off, a VK comes up and it's the guy telling the person to leave that gets kicked because no one bothered to read the name of whom was going to get the boot.

I'm still more in favor of an "upvote" system where you can just upvote folks if you enjoyed running with them and the matchmaker will try and retain groups of people who have corresponding thumbs up.
    That's a pretty decent idea. I think in the very least there shouldn't be a "YES/NO" button. You should have to type YES or NO in a text box to clear it so people have to actually be bothered by it enough to pay attention to what they are enacting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novamourne View Post
    The thing you need to keep in mind is that all these hurdles to the kicking process are there to force some level of patience by the group. There have been a couple times where I wanted to kick someone but couldn't only to find that by the time I could kick him, the dungeon was over or I was over the anger and no longer cared about kicking him.

Kicking isn't supposed to be a knee jerk thing you use in every group you find for any valid reason you might come up with. It's there to protect groups from things that are fatal to the idea of completion. If you want to kick someone, but they keep pulling and you can't, tell me, why are you so upset? The dungeon will be over soon enough if things are going well enough that you can chain pull to prevent kicking.

PS - The timer for vote kick initiations are determined by how often you use it and how often the target is kicked. The initial timer against an 0-0 check is after the first 5 minutes, not 15. If you have to wait 15 minutes to kick, it's because you use the vote kick option too often.
    I almost never use it and whenever I want to it's not possible anyway.
    I encountered a player that was pulling the packs but then that stopped playing, and let the rest of the group take the aggro, unfortunately, he was the tank, and despite this we completed the dungeon without him even though he kept pulling.
    He entirely profitted about the dungeon and its drops without doing anything but pissing other off.
    It was entirely impossible to kick him from the dungeon.

If the rest of the group decides that a person does not fit into their group, why should not they be able to just boot him/her? Their enjoyment is on the line too.

Should probably just make it so you cannot remove a party member while killing a boss.