Eternal Flame Haste Breakpoints and Mastery Question

I'm aware that the 3 haste breakpoints for Eternal Flame are 3506, 7170, and 10867.

I'm currently sitting at 7177 rating and my mastery, with might, is at 49%. I'm comfortable with this, but I am curious if dropping my haste down to the 3506 haste breakpoint would be more beneficial than staying at 7170 since I would be able to break 50% mastery by doing so.

So if there are EF hpallies out there who are using the 3506 breakpoint, rather than the 7170 breakpoint, I'd love your input.

I currently am using 7170 breakpoint. Haven't done 3506 because my gear contains too much haste and 10867 would cause me to sacrifice too much mastery since i'd have to add a bit more into spirit.
    In the two guild i've been in, I haven't seen a single healer beat me in charts and I've been using 7170 if that helps

Your mastery should be always your highest stat (around 50% -/+) and after that it depends on your own playstyle some pallys like to play with more haste 7170 and like 14000 spirit or rarely 10867 and like 9000 spirit, also there are pallys with 3506 haste cap and like 17000 spirit, all depends on your playstyle and how much spirit and haste you want. I think 7170 is best choice.

If you go off stat points and the more mathematical theorycrafting approach, the lowest Haste BP you can attain is always the best, with some very specific exceptions when you get to extremely high gear level. In terms of feel, I've found that 7170 is better in 10 man once you've got the regen for it due to the higher overall uptime (near 1,000%, ie 10/10 hotted) in a 10 man and the more important nature of each healer being able to fill every role they can. Where as in a 25 its better to go by the book and drop your Haste lower to shield the raid more (specially since you're stacked enough for HR to be really beneficial more).

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    If you go off stat points and the more mathematical theorycrafting approach, the lowest Haste BP you can attain is always the best, with some very specific exceptions when you get to extremely high gear level. In terms of feel, I've found that 7170 is better in 10 man once you've got the regen for it due to the higher overall uptime (near 1,000%, ie 10/10 hotted) in a 10 man and the more important nature of each healer being able to fill every role they can. Where as in a 25 its better to go by the book and drop your Haste lower to shield the raid more (specially since you're stacked enough for HR to be really beneficial more).
    Can you show me some of that math, Xs? I'm interested in seeing how the two breakpoints compare at my current ilvl which is 561. I have 4set as well. I'm at 7177 haste rating, with 32.41% Mastery (15558 rating) w/o Might.

I'm not asking you to do the calculations, but if you could show me how to do them, I will <3 you forever. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kyaza View Post
    Can you show me some of that math, Xs? I'm interested in seeing how the two breakpoints compare at my current ilvl which is 561. I have 4set as well. I'm at 7177 haste rating, with 32.41% Mastery (15558 rating) w/o Might.

I'm not asking you to do the calculations, but if you could show me how to do them, I will <3 you forever. :P
    http://holybouch.com/stat-weights/ Its not perfect, but its a pretty accurate representation of what the maths will tell you across most of the levels, with the only 'breakpoint' on Mastery being when you hit the 33% of the casting Paladin's health cap (but even a 2pt16 crit DL won't 1 shot that with 50%+ mastery)

Personally I've always advocated the 7170 Int stacking build for 10s, as a solo healing Mastery Paladin can really feel the lack of numbers on some fights, specially if you're hitting Malkorok progress. Thats entirely ignoring maths though, as its all about how the spec style performs in the real world, and the shortfalls of relying on the Spirit Shell style mechanic in a Mastery build means you're vulnerable to large bursts of damage that need to be healed quickly, and incredibly strong at sustained chunks of smaller damage, where as the Intellect build flips that around a bit while still keeping the sustain of the EF HoT.

Its all up to you though, purely personal feels is that I like 7170 Int on 10s and 3506 Mastery on 25s, but both have their merits in a lot of different situations.
    Last edited by Xs; 2014-02-03 at 12:46 AM.