Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'll talk to the landlord and just straight up tell him, I think. I presume his opinion is either going to be either a fixed rate added to make up for it, or not really giving a fuck unless it makes a noticeable impact on the powerbill.

- - - Updated - - -

And I just realized I never mentioned, but after waiting a number of hours for y'all to say anything I finally went ahead and ordered.

So on its way are:
    Two reference 290X cards.
    A Corsair Vengeance C70 case.
    And finally a Corsair RM 1000 powersupply.

Hope to see it soon.

Those reference cards are going to be running very hot, non-reference would have been a better option(and would be alot better for gaming when you got done mining, which i'm pretty sure you said that was one of the reasons your grabbing them over a cheaper GPU like the 7850).

And yes, it can take time for people to reply on here as it is a message board. If you are looking for faster responses, places like Reddit would be a better option.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must have missed that it 'might' be used as gaming later on, so sticking with the CPU may be worth that.

It's also superbowl sunday so half the people aren't even on to respond today, or quickly anyway :P
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I must have missed that it 'might' be used as gaming later on, so sticking with the CPU may be worth that.

It's also superbowl sunday so half the people aren't even on to respond today, or quickly anyway :P
    The "it might be used for gaming later" was in regards to the reason for choosing the 290Xs over the 7850s(i believe it was you that mentioned it only gets twive the hashrate of the 7850, while being 3 times the price and they replied that they could always use them for upgrades while the 7850s couldn't).
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    If mining fails it would be nice to have a use for the cards, hence cards that would be upgrades.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Deleted
    Water cooling guys, that's why reference cards were picked.

Also using the GPUs for gaming later on is a possibility, not the entire rig. The CPU debate is mostly irrelevant AFAIK, not bothering making a little bit of cash, order new CPU, installing etc.

Besides you'll need to something like 4-5 x 7850's to gain the same which isn't as easy to setup and then there is noise, doubt he would water cool 4+ 7850's Also as mentioned possibly using the cards as upgrades over current SLI cards.

I'm going to be as honest as to say that there's been plenty of replies, but I would have really appreciated if more than a fragment of them even addressed the questions I posed to any of you. z.z

You're pretty late to the game to mine bitcoin and even litecoin effectively at profit is impossible without the market exploding up again.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    You're pretty late to the game to mine bitcoin and even litecoin effectively at profit is impossible without the market exploding up again.
    And here I was hoping someone had something interesting to say... Here's a list of currencies. http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency
    There's quite a few, although dominated by two algorithms in the form of SHA-256 (Bitcoin mining, which is moot with the ASICs having such high efficiency) and Scrypt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    You could argue he is late but by no means too late. Also BTC/LTC when we are talking GPU mining is just used for currency exchange for your Doge, LOT, Moon etc. gotta have some way of getting USD/EU for your efforts.