Wild pet on the AH?

Checking the AH and saw this. Not a UI glitch as it was visible to a guildy. This pet isn't supposed to be cageable, but being a crap version I'd guess whatever bug/exploit causes this isn't reliably reproducible. Interesting stuff.

Deleted
    Judgment day is at hand... ALL HAIL BLIGHTED SQUIRREL!!!!

some men just want to watch the world burn.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a different note, how unbelievably easy is that pet to obtain in poor quality, and why would someone pay even 1g for it, much less 150-200g.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I could see if it was speed or power based, but balance, LAME.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, have you tried messaging Gyzzmo and asking how they did it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    On a different note, how unbelievably easy is that pet to obtain in poor quality, and why would someone pay even 1g for it, much less 150-200g.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I could see if it was speed or power based, but balance, LAME.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, have you tried messaging Gyzzmo and asking how they did it?
    Time is money. I bought several pets for 20-50G that cost 1-20G on the vendor just because I'm too lazy to go to Netherstorm, Elwynn Forest, Silvermoon etc.

In the picture, the ilvl of the squirrel is 4 and in the tool tip it's 3... Why is there a box around just the name of the squirrel?

The auctioneer addon the player is using to view the auction house, prevents pet tool tips from showing. Plus, the auction house and pet journal can't be open at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by adorich View Post
    In the picture, the ilvl of the squirrel is 4 and in the tool tip it's 3... Why is there a box around just the name of the squirrel?

The auctioneer addon the player is using to view the auction house, prevents pet tool tips from showing. Plus, the auction house and pet journal can't be open at the same time.
    The tooltip is from the one in my pet journal (level 3 P/S), the one on the AH is level 4 P/B. I cropped and pasted on part of another screenshot to show the 'This pet is not tradeable.' text. Like I said, I had another person look and they saw the pet up there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaustos View Post
    The tooltip is from the one in my pet journal (level 3 P/S), the one on the AH is level 4 P/B. I cropped and pasted on part of another screenshot to show the 'This pet is not tradeable.' text. Like I said, I had another person look and they saw the pet up there too.
    You admit editing your screenshot? Your explanation still doesn't explain the square box around the name of the pet in the AH. Clicking a pet in the AH highlights the entire line, it does not create a box just around the name.

Your mouse pointer isn't in the picture, but even mousing over the pet in the AH would either do nothing, create a possibly frozen tooltip not shown in your picture or give you an error message, because auctioneer hates pets. It would not create a highlighted box that looks exactly like an "insert text' box you'd get in a image editor.

57 of my friends said your pic looks photo-shopped. My 57 friends beats your 1 friend.

You admit editing your screenshot? Your explanation still doesn't explain the square box around the name of the pet in the AH. Clicking a pet in the AH highlights the entire line, it does not create a box just around the name.

Your mouse pointer isn't in the picture, but even mousing over the pet in the AH would either do nothing, create a possibly frozen tooltip not shown in your picture or give you an error message, because auctioneer hates pets. It would not create a highlighted box that looks exactly like an "insert text' box you'd get in a image editor.

57 of my friends said your pic looks photo-shopped. My 57 friends beats your 1 friend.
    Holy crap you're dense. Have a shot from battle.net.
    http://imgur.com/BraFQlK

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people need that extra bit for it to sink into their skulls.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Hmm, if it was some exploit, I'd guess there would be lots of wild pets up by now. I'm wondering if that guy had some issue with his pet list and a GM restored a pet to him via a Pet Cage that he's then able to sell on.

Your original pic is of something other posters agree is impossible, an error or exploit. Then you admit photoshopping part of the picture. Being skeptical is different than being dense.

Note that I never called you names. I'd appreciate the same treatment.

Edit: I just created an alt and viewed the Blighted squirrel on the AH myself. I still stand by my skepticism of the original screen shot with odd photo-shopped box around the Blight squirrel on the AH and the pet journal stuff pasted in the corner. Still no need for name calling though.
    Last edited by adorich; 2014-02-03 at 10:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Your original pic is of something other posters agree is impossible, an error or exploit. Then you admit photoshopping part of the picture. Being skeptical is different than being dense.

Note that I never called you names. I'd appreciate the same treatment.

Edit: I just created an alt and viewed the Blighted squirrel on the AH myself. I still stand by my skepticism of the original screen shot with odd photo-shopped box around the Blight squirrel on the AH and the pet journal stuff pasted in the corner. Still no need for name calling though.
    Your post original post amounts to "FAKE. I can tell its shopped because of the pixels."
    Please do yourself and everyone else a favor and do some research before doing that in the future, you only ruin your own credibility otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalanth View Post
    Hmm, if it was some exploit, I'd guess there would be lots of wild pets up by now. I'm wondering if that guy had some issue with his pet list and a GM restored a pet to him via a Pet Cage that he's then able to sell on.
    Who, in their right mind, would make a ticket for a GREY wild pet?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe there is a glitch and this pet is cageable. Would be funny to try that out later when I play

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    I'm going to answer that question with a picture:

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Who, in their right mind, would make a ticket for a GREY wild pet?
    Ha, we can't assume anyone who would play WoW is in their right mind! (But in all seriousness, I've known people in guild, etc who have created tickets for all sorts of banal reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Your post original post amounts to "FAKE. I can tell its shopped because of the pixels."
    Please do yourself and everyone else a favor and do some research before doing that in the future, you only ruin your own credibility otherwise.
    What research could I do? It wasn't until the OP posted a 2nd picture that revealed his realm/region that I could check for myself. I gave concrete reasons (that are still valid) for why the original picture looks photoshopped. I will say it again though, I was wrong.