keybind turning question

so i'm finally trying to transition from clicker to keybinder..the only issue i'm having is mouse-turning while tab targetting (i'm a boomkin so i have to dot everything up)..if your mouse turning you can't use your cursor to click the targets..am i missing something? thanks
    Last edited by zimboombafoo; 2014-02-02 at 12:39 AM.

The point of mouse turning is that it's fast. Turn first, target second, don't try to do both at the same time.

There are also so many situations where you can just keyboard turn while using your mouse for more important things, like targeting something specific. Turning with the mouse isn't always the best.

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    so i'm finally trying to transition from clicker to keybinder..the only issue i'm having is mouse-turning while tab targetting (i'm a boomkin so i have to dot everything up)..if your mouse turning you can't use your cursor to click the targets..am i missing something? thanks
    For dotting things up I find that mouseover macros are far better than tab targeting and ultimately more accurate. Unless your one of those crazy poeple that doesn't use nameplates in which case it is a nightmare.

The biggest thing about the transition is find works best for you. When I started to bind I found that the best keys for me where very different to the standard wasd or esdf. My movement binds are the following:

Q = strafe left
    R = strafe right
    S = backpeddle (which I only really have for tanking specs)
    Scrollwheel Click = toggle auto run on/off

Try it and see if it works for you, but of course your mileage may vary. As for everything else I use `, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, W, E, D, mousewheel up, mousewheel down, T and then modify with alt, shift and control for a total of 48 binds. I use all of these on my main (Hunter). The modifiers are bound to my mouse, a Logitech G600.

Moving to keybinding takes time and patience but the end result is well worth it.