MF:I and DI procs

Simple question, sorry if this has been discussed somewhere else...

So I cast DP, mind flay insanity, and then a Divine Insight procs. Should I stop channeling MF:i right away to use the proc or wait until DP(/insanity channel) runs out? thank you for any advice.
    Last edited by digesspliff; 2014-02-02 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by digesspliff View Post
    Simple question, sorry if this has been discussed somewhere else...

So I cast DP, mind flay insanity, and then a Divine Insight procs. Should I stop channeling MF:i right away to use the proc or wait until DP(/insanity channel) runs out? thank you for any advice.
    your #1 priority is always to generate orbs - whether it's mindblast/DI procs or SWDing an add. you have to figure that you lose ~1gcd of insanity for the orb , but in exchange you're cutting down on the 'downtime' between DP/insanity burns significantly.

DI is numba uno

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    How bad is it to keep casting MFI if there is under 1.5s left on DP. I like to get a last MFI off if I can. Say there is 1s left on DP, and I get a DI proc as my 2nd full MFI is coming to an end, I usually cast another MFI there and DI at the end of it, rather than DI and resume normal MF.

Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    How bad is it to keep casting MFI if there is under 1.5s left on DP. I like to get a last MFI off if I can. Say there is 1s left on DP, and I get a DI proc as my 2nd full MFI is coming to an end, I usually cast another MFI there and DI at the end of it, rather than DI and resume normal MF.
    MB and SW: D > everything except 3xDP

When i remove the "interrupt=1" part on MF (that is to no longer interrupt it for higher priority spells), i see a DPS increase in most cases.

Logically it would make sense that clipping MF makes sense at low haste levels, but results in less gain the more haste you have, up to and including no gain at very high haste levels. Higher haste equals an higher risk of clipping ticks, while higher haste means less time spent channeling, thus also getting your MB/SW:Smiley casts out earlier, which means you get less CD saved.

Deleted
    I usually break MF:I right after it has ticked to do the DI's.

Is it worth using a DI proc or casting mindblast if you have a huge int proc on a MF:I? Say like a 7-10 stack BBoY MF:I that you will not being able to refresh if you casted MB?

If the mob or di proc is getting the int bonus, yes if not no.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt