Deleted

Question Will we ever see rating req on shoulders again?

I really miss when t1 wep had a rating req on 1800 rating and shoulders 2k. Arena is to boring if closest goal to reach is 2.2k. I've had so many good times back in TBC and Wotlk when you had your first t1 wep and shoulders. Does someone know if it will ever happen again?

Personally I really miss when every piece had a requirement. Was like bracers at 1300, gloves at like 1400, boots at 1450, all the way up. Made earning rating feel really rewarding knowing I was like one win off a new piece.

That being said, it's highly unlikely any rating requirements will ever come back. Maybe for transmog gear or something like that, but I don't think they'll lock gear behind ratings again, simply because of how much gear matters nowadays. Back in BC you could win games if your whole team had t1 weapons against a team of t2 weapons, but now their DPS just does like 10% more damage than yours and it's just too much to deal with.

Shortly: No.

Why? Because it was stupid.

Visual rewards for rating is the only proper way to work, otherwise you are falsing the results, base of any e-sport intended game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish and hope the gladiator trial new things is gonna reward good ranked players.

I think the rating requierment sucked. But there is really something missing atm as rewards. Well it always was.

Cap for gear, then 100 wins for mount (thats nice) then 2.2k .... I dont like to say it, but for example on my SP i gave up already on trying to even go 2k. Get stuck at 1750 and destroyed hard be same comps over and over. Id like from time to time a cookie for still trying in arena

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Personally I really miss when every piece had a requirement. Was like bracers at 1300, gloves at like 1400, boots at 1450, all the way up. Made earning rating feel really rewarding knowing I was like one win off a new piece.

That being said, it's highly unlikely any rating requirements will ever come back. Maybe for transmog gear or something like that, but I don't think they'll lock gear behind ratings again, simply because of how much gear matters nowadays. Back in BC you could win games if your whole team had t1 weapons against a team of t2 weapons, but now their DPS just does like 10% more damage than yours and it's just too much to deal with.
    The difference between t1 and t2 weapon dmg as a melee was a hell of a lot more than 10%. The imbalance was huge and when you were facing boosters at low lvl with full top tier gear it made is beyond idiotic.

As it is now is better as it keeps the playing field level but i do agree there should be some more incentives for pvp players

Yeah I miss the old system where you needed rating for each piece
    Intel i5 6600k - Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz - Asus Strix GTX 1080 - Asus PG279Q - Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD

what is needed is- a vast vanity reward structure for rating; everything from mounts, pets, xmogg gear, out of season gear, toys (think shadowmourne tabard).

Deleted
    no, it's idiotic that good players have anything else but skill that boosts their performance. They need to bring casual players and good players closer to each other, it is bad enough that good players usually are 15 ilvl's above casual ones. And good players usually communicate with their partners which is a HUGE benefit that casuals may not have. PVP mostly being about CC chains also makes it hard for casuals to join in.

Why do you need more to faceroll the opponent like you do today? Unless it is even matched which it rarely is in BG's and from 1200-1800. Oh wait, that doesn't count as pvp, soooo sry!!

Deleted
    Would be nice if you could buy transmog shoulders, which should look really different and really wicked, at 2200+ or 2400+ rating.

Deleted
    I hope not. There is no logical reason to give high rated players better gear than lower rated players.
    It was about time they removed retarded systems like that and im perfectly fine with the rewards for
    high rating being purely cosmetic. Any other method is bad.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by volrat View Post
    Shortly: No.

Why? Because it was stupid.

Visual rewards for rating is the only proper way to work, otherwise you are falsing the results, base of any e-sport intended game.
    If that 1% additional crit or the 1% more total strength / stamina was the reason you lost .. then I imagine you really deserved losing, right? The gear difference is not huge, never was. It was nowhere a game breaking difference, two pieces.... Even in current inflated with 30 ilvl difference each season it probably wouldn't do anything, not to talk about the 5-10 ilvl difference from back then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    If that 1% additional crit or the 1% more total strength / stamina was the reason you lost .. then I imagine you really deserved losing, right? The gear difference is not huge, never was. It was nowhere a game breaking difference, two pieces.... Even in current inflated with 30 ilvl difference each season it probably wouldn't do anything, not to talk about the 5-10 ilvl difference from back then.
    Then there is no point having it either, right?

Deleted
    was stupid, if you join middle season you needed farm pve weapon, becouse you could not reach that 2.2k for weapon, and you could not buy last seasons weapons.

for exemple wrath season:
    Arena vendor sold : wrath gear, weapons
    Arena point +honor : retlnes gear
    Honor vendor : furious gear + retlnes and wrathful offgear

so you needed to do icc or whatsoever to get any decent weapon, and if your warrior/rogue or any mele class with shit weapon you did 0dmg.

Rating requirement goes against every thing they have done to even the playing field. The Catchup system allows for rerollers or late comers to have a chance to play the game. If you added rating back to gear, players would have an even tougher time gearing up.

And requiring rating on weapons was even worse. It was terrible getting to 1790 only to lose to players who already got 1800 but lost rating therefore keeping you from getting your weapon. This hurt melee classes the most. I'd only imagine that with resil/pvp power this would be even more absurd.

Everyone wants things to be fair, classes to be balanced... but they want to feel elite with rating requirements. Sorry, but you can't have your cake and eat it too.
    Last edited by Cirayne24; 2014-02-03 at 07:18 PM.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere