Deleted

[Mage] Quick trinket question

So ive rerolled fire after some impressive frost utilization, weve now moved onto heroics and im almost 50% crit raid buffed. Now heres my armoury:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%ADque/simple

i coined the heroic bracers from norushen tonight (hit mastery) but im gonna loose around 300 crit for around 100 int if i equip those and they drop me below a break point on LB/NT (13.1K)

Ive currently got bindings and BBoY Normal both upgraded 561 and Toxic Totem at 567 (WF). Ive read through guides and they all seem to say Blood > Totem, but does this apply to normal Blood vs WF Totem ? i know the answer to this for frost, but its time to go fire as i feel i get more ST damage out of it

thanks

I'm not 100% sure on it.

But I would say it's Black Blood + Bindings > Multistrike trinket.
    For frost it's simple, since you can haste break point without Black Blood, so you can get the multi strike trinket (fairly same DPS gain from both trinkets).

For fire there's no break point that is reachable with crit (think someone said it was like 79% in gear). So you keep going for crit gear over everything else.

But I'm no expert, so take what I said with a bit of salt till someone confirms it.

Dont use the norushen bracers.

BBoY is gamebreaking for fire. 561 BBoY>574 KTT

Deleted
    ye wasnt gonna use norushen bracers was referring to the trinkets mainly, i checked the int vs crit on bracers and ye my wf scales won

thanks for the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Pretzul View Post
    BBoY is gamebreaking for fire. 561 BBoY>574 KTT
    Do you have a link where this was determined? As far as I know BBoY and KTT have been pretty much on par for fire, and assuming equal iLvls, BBoY just slightly pulling ahead. But, if KTT had a higher iLvl, as is the case here, it was preferable to use it over BBoY. I'm guessing 'gamebreaking' would be because of snapshotting at 10 stacks? Would love to hear more about this as I was under the impression that both were pretty close to equal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebs View Post
    Do you have a link where this was determined? As far as I know BBoY and KTT have been pretty much on par for fire, and assuming equal iLvls, BBoY just slightly pulling ahead. But, if KTT had a higher iLvl, as is the case here, it was preferable to use it over BBoY. I'm guessing 'gamebreaking' would be because of snapshotting at 10 stacks? Would love to hear more about this as I was under the impression that both were pretty close to equal.
    Sounds like you're in the same mindset as me on this. Also snap shotting at 10 stacks is pointless, need to use it at 5 -6 stacks imo with AT up to get the full use of it for combustion set up. Unless you're referring to bomb snap shotting, then ofc i agree =)

Personal experience, some will probably disagree with me. Don't bother trying to sim this because it's not going to give you any useful information. I recently explained this in a mage app I had to my guild, and im feeling lazy, so ill just drop it here:

I do firmly believe that N BBoY>H KTT for us, and ill explain why. Your comment about the combustion nerf certainly is one facet, but at the same time because combustion is so much lower of a proportion of our damage than it once, it makes sense to not make our trinket choices specifically because of combustion.

With pyro being so much of our damage output, the haste on BBoY helps immensely, not only does it help with output in and of itself, it'll also boost your 2p uptime=more FB/pyro. The other factor I would like to touch on is that we dont need combustion to utilize a stacking int pro beautifully. As you said, if played right we have chain pyros at our disposal at command. Assuming all crits, you should be able to triple pyro when dropping down from the HS+HU combo. So pretty much in my opinion, we can ALWAYS put 3 pyro and an LB on the back end of BBoY. With KTT however, we dont have anytime in specific to time burst to, and a lot of that int proc probably gets wasted by fireballs. Our utility in terms of on-demand burst shines even more when we throw in PoM and AT: 4 pyro in a row, and for AT, save the last 6 seconds of BBoY. yum
    I mentioned the haste, lets also not forget about 900+ crit; I think all of us here know how stat-hungry fire is
    Last edited by Pretzul; 2014-02-03 at 04:59 PM.

The passive secondary stats that come from the BBOY are really good, but I would say a 574 ilvl toxic totem is worth using over 561 BBOY, unless it's a purely single target fight eg. Iron Jugg where the passive stats > multistrike. I'd say don't worry so much about your break points for your bomb....camping 5 stacks of your 2pc should easily negate that for you .

Quote Originally Posted by wuvius View Post
    The passive secondary stats that come from the BBOY are really good, but I would say a 574 ilvl toxic totem is worth using over 561 BBOY, unless it's a purely single target fight eg. Iron Jugg where the passive stats > multistrike. I'd say don't worry so much about your break points for your bomb....camping 5 stacks of your 2pc should easily negate that for you .
    how is toxic totem less good on single target? i think ur confused with the malkorok cleave trinket.

if anything, toxic totem is even better on single target

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMine View Post
    how is toxic totem less good on single target? i think ur confused with the malkorok cleave trinket.

if anything, toxic totem is even better on single target
    Yea you're right, mind blanked while making that post.... I haven't even been able to get my hands on a toxic totem normal or heroic to try it out and have been killing Shamans for months, just got the bindings + bboy.

Deleted
    Heroic totem is slightly better than normal BB in most cases.

Anyway, @OP: Normal BB > WF Totem.
    Last edited by mmoc130aeee1c6; 2014-02-11 at 01:36 PM.