Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    HX750 was removed this month because of the current Amazon price being higher than normal, it is normally there. (It was $160 something when I updated prices this morning)

Hopefully people can figure out on their own whether they still need DVD drives or not.

The H90 does worse than the DH14 under load, has a pump that will eventually die, and can leak.

The Seagate 3TB is $5 more if you just purchase the bare drive compared to ripping open the backup one, and then you still have a warranty. Buying the backup one makes no sense. The WD Black is on the list for the 5 year warranty and are generally regarded as the most reliable drives. Samsung drives used to be nice bang for the buck drives, but then Seagate bought them.

4GB doesn't go as far as it used to, but you can always add another stick if you end up needing it.

As far as ASRock goes, they made awful products for a long time, somewhat improved (last gen mobos had thin PCB still, haven't looked closely at this gen), and still don't have great customer service.
    You should never just buy 1 more stick...

Dual Channel (Quad Channel) is too fast to just pass it, sure you can Triple Channel on Intel but since we are talking about AMD CPU's, those don't have Triple Channel.

Maybe you should separate PC's for people that OC and those that don't, getting a Z87 board and a Intel CPU with a Free multiplier is pretty useless for people that will never overclock, you could also use the boxed heat sink if you don't OC.

I build a PC for my girl that has a Xeon 1230v3 with the boxed heatsink and a Gigabyte H87-D3H just because i know she will never touch the hardware.

A 750W PSU for the Unicorn system is a bit much... If you don't run a double GPU there is no way in hell you need more then 550W~,
    a good PSU with 35-40A on the 12V output is more then enough.

I also would never touch AsRock again.
    Last edited by Gungrir; 2014-02-03 at 05:56 AM.

The cynic in me says that mount is going on the store.

Hope it doesn't though.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    HX750 was removed this month because of the current Amazon price being higher than normal, it is normally there. (It was $160 something when I updated prices this morning)

Hopefully people can figure out on their own whether they still need DVD drives or not.

The H90 does worse than the DH14 under load, has a pump that will eventually die, and can leak.

The Seagate 3TB is $5 more if you just purchase the bare drive compared to ripping open the backup one, and then you still have a warranty. Buying the backup one makes no sense. The WD Black is on the list for the 5 year warranty and are generally regarded as the most reliable drives. Samsung drives used to be nice bang for the buck drives, but then Seagate bought them.

4GB doesn't go as far as it used to, but you can always add another stick if you end up needing it.

As far as ASRock goes, they made awful products for a long time, somewhat improved (last gen mobos had thin PCB still, haven't looked closely at this gen), and still don't have great customer service.
    I'm not sure why it's only limited to Amazon then, I'm guessing just because of revenue but directing people to a lesser quality product that's more expensive instead of just suggesting it can be found cheaper on Newegg and that Amazon pricing is so high.

The H90 actually cools better than the DH14 (see below), comes with a five year warranty, and as per their website is guaranteed leak-free.

Everyone has an opinion of a hard drive company, I've had multiple WD Black drives have performance issues and MANY WD drives just flat out die on me. I've been running one of the shelled Seagates and *knock on wood* it's still working awesome and as fast as the day I bought it.

True but even recommending it is a poor choice, 8GB for the two low end and 16GB for the top ends is the safest choice, but again that's just my opinion a lot of people love to run with just 8GB and swear they don't need more. Running just my system and WoW I can cap over 8GB easily but never go above 10.

I have an Asus Z68 Pro and my wife has the Extreme4 and while my Asus does have a thicker PCB like you mentioned (you can tell a noticeable difference) but that wouldn't stray me away from the E4 and the value of it is just too much to pass up, it really is an awesome board and I highly recommend it unless you're jumping to a ROG series.

'No path available issue?' - He also forgot the Efflorescence glyph. Getting a bit annoyed with that one too.

"Rogues are doing quite well." Really feeling the love from Blizzard! Thanks for the input Celestial....

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Seriously, they cant add one more class/race to Alliance? How the hell is that hard trying to "balance"? Just add one more class to a race! To make it easy, pick one that doesn't require lore and shit to set up. Gnome hunters or whatever.
    Gnome Paladins - you know you want them.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Gungrir View Post
    Maybe you should separate PC's for people that OC and those that don't, getting a Z87 board and a Intel CPU with a Free multiplier is pretty useless for people that will never overclock, you could also use the boxed heat sink if you don't OC.

I build a PC for my girl that has a Xeon 1230v3 with the boxed heatsink and a Gigabyte H87-D3H just because i know she will never touch the hardware.
    Well aware, but I can't please everyone with just 4 options!

Quote Originally Posted by Dextar View Post
    I'm not sure why it's only limited to Amazon then, I'm guessing just because of revenue but directing people to a lesser quality product that's more expensive instead of just suggesting it can be found cheaper on Newegg and that Amazon pricing is so high.

The H90 actually cools better than the DH14 (see below), comes with a five year warranty, and as per their website is guaranteed leak-free.
    The Rosewill Fortress is as good or better, just lacks modular cables. Amazon is used because it is worldwide.

H90 reviews are more mixed than I thought, but here are 2 that show it worse. In the rare case it starts leaking, it is a hassle to get the damaged parts replaced and they don't really have to replace them under that warranty, just the cooler. Even if it does work better, it isn't really worth it for most people.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages...review,12.html
    http://www.hitechlegion.com/reviews/...owall=&start=2

Ok, now when can we pre-order WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by Inveracity View Post
    Toucan Sam.. I mean, Raven Lord, can fly now! Woohoo!
    I just hate the hunchback. It needs to stand upright like the Raven Lord when you are on the ground.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Dread raven looks so good!

Should just remove the computer set up so the comments don't end up having nothing to do with WoW or MMO's and end up in a nerd argument.

night elf shamans.. one of the best missing combo that fits perfect in the ne society..

Quote Originally Posted by BraiNSlobbeR View Post
    On those computer setups... You can't make a computer with less then 8GB's of ram these days. Although it's a crap game even COD:Ghost can't even run if you have less then 6GB's in your system it won't let you start the game...
    The problem being? RAM is dirt cheap anyways so I see no reason to skim with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BraiNSlobbeR View Post
    On those computer setups... You can't make a computer with less then 8GB's of ram these days. Although it's a crap game even COD:Ghost can't even run if you have less then 6GB's in your system it won't let you start the game...
    They actually changed this in a patch and now it requires 4 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcho View Post
    Draenei Rogues...This would also shut up another group of people.
    These are people who are complaining about not an equal amount of Class/Spec/Race numbers across factions, they would instantly find something else to complain about.

That mount is..... not cool. I know its my opinion, but I really hope it is not the collectors ed mount.

I wish they'd stop adding speed line trails to mounts' wings. It's not a comic book, we don't need additional visual aids to give us a sense that our mounts are moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextar View Post
    Also keep in mind while the WD 1TB Black is 99 you can buy this Seagate 3TB for 109.99 and rip the drive out of it's shell.
    I was recently looking at the Seagate 3TB for a workstation build. The storage per dollar is unbeatable. But it's listed as a backup drive because that's exactly what it's good for. You pop it in, back up your files, then throw it in a cabinet until you need to retrieve those files. It got goodreviews from people who use it for its intended purpose, but it got horrid reviews from people who bought it as an everyday drive. If you buy it expecting to keep games on it, expect to buy a replacement within a year.

Lot of people will say don't buy Seagate, it's unreliable, blahblahblah, but the only hard disk that I have ever had crap out on me before I decided I needed a bigger one was a WD Black. As in all things your mileage may vary. If I had to weigh in I would say get a Hybrid SSHD, which yes, are made exclusively by Seagate. Unless you're regularly doing writes > 8GB, capacity to performance ratio is just going to kick the bejeezus out of anything else, and the prices are very competitive.

Deleted
    do that mount for 2 people pls blizz