Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Think Spriest will finally be brought up to standards?

Right now we're one of the worst DPS specs to bring for anything but 3v3.
    I would hope so. Spriest, Rets and maybe WWs are all in the same boat of just being slightly underpar. Maybe lump Ferals in that too. I would hope all of them get slight tweaks to make them properly competitive again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing big- expect it to be a filler season.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    I would hope so. Spriest, Rets and maybe WWs are all in the same boat of just being slightly underpar. Maybe lump Ferals in that too. I would hope all of them get slight tweaks to make them properly competitive again.
    I think WW monks have to be redesigned a little bit. Just buffing them could easily go wrong, since they got that huge toolkit, survivability and control.

Also, really hoping for some buff for SPriest since the warr charge change was reverted. Its a hell to get off MBs and VTs as it is now.

After the charge-stun scare, I'd say we can expect at least some degree of balancing and tweaking. But probably nothing too radical, anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    They just reverted charge change. It was too big of a change apparently. So no we wont be getting big changes. They might not make any further changes and i wouldnt be surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    We'll see minor tweaks. It'll be a lot like this season but with some of the strong classes brought down a tiny bit, and some of the weaker classes brought up. Don't expect any major class or balance changes until WoD.
    So far the warrior nerf is a great one towards casters, which warriors seem to be hard countering. As for strong classes being brought down.. ehh. Classes like rogues will only get stronger and stronger now with the extra agility and mastery. Warriors also scale extremely well with weapons, so their damage is going to go up -a lot- I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Think Spriest will finally be brought up to standards?

Right now we're one of the worst DPS specs to bring for anything but 3v3.
    You mean the thing Blizzard balances around?? SPriests are pretty decent in 3s, and actually quite good in 5s and okay in RBGs. Yes, they're bad in 2s, but so are lots of classes.

This season is actually quite balanced, sorry SPriests aren't as absurdly broken as they were at the start of MoP, but they're far from bad right now.

Deleted
    Would be nice if some different classes are on top now.

Kinda done with the ones that have been strong this expac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    A dry fish would harden and become actually good at being a blunt instrument. The context of the saying implies that if you hit something with a wet fish it will simply be too limp to be effective as a blunt instrument and as such is a popular saying implying that something is useless at its intended purpose.
    This is actually interesting.
    A dry fish, and being a correct type of fish could do some serious damage if struck with fins first.
    And given that Shamans imbue their weapons with different elements, say Fire, we would have a dry fish, on fire.

In my opinion, we should get rid of the term DPS, and replace it with DFFPS, Dry Fire Fish Per Second.

So Nuditea, if your Shaman hits like a fish, imbue it with fire and you can do some serious DFFPS.

I'm glad to help.

also, a bit offtopic

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    This is actually interesting.
    A dry fish, and being a correct type of fish could do some serious damage if struck with fins first.
    And given that Shamans imbue their weapons with different elements, say Fire, we would have a dry fish, on fire.

In my opinion, we should get rid of the term DPS, and replace it with DFFPS, Dry Fire Fish Per Second.

So Nuditea, if your Shaman hits like a fish, imbue it with fire and you can do some serious DFFPS.

I'm glad to help.

also, a bit offtopic
    but then my dry fish would turn to ash and that doesn't really do good dps. use frost brand and i'll turn it into a ice fish and that will hurt:P

I like where this is going...

Maybe they will fix ratings gains? Itr is quite annoying right now, you get 4, 5 for winning, and then you lose a single fight and lose 20 rating.

It's a filler season to hold over the pvp players for another 4-6 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing the 2 week end of season warning probably means the PTR that is up is going through. Thats the big balance changes coming. Interrupting shout and Nerve Strike.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    It's a filler season to hold over the pvp players for another 4-6 months.
    I think of it more like a "yah we fucked you in the ass with that horrible ilvl pvp gear, so here have an upgrade for the 6 month dead period."
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

No, and if burst stays as it is I wouldn't be surprised if Triple DPS makes a comeback.

I don't think they will do any of the following changes the game/pvp currently needs:
    - Mage lance damage greatly reduced
    - Enhance Burst reduced
    - Either Defstance and Bloodpresence nerfed or Ret/Shadow/Moonkin defense buffed.
    - Double reflect removed
    - Soul of the forest not affecting cyclone.
    <inactive>

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything looks very bad. Unless some last minute changes are introduced in remaining 2-3 weeks, get ready for another season of Warriors, Hunters, Frost Mages and Resto Druids domination.

Retri Paladins among other non-favored specs at the moment will continue to be shelved.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Double reflect removed
    If they have double reflect, they dont have a root break. So they dont have double reflect. That nerf already went through.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    No, and if burst stays as it is I wouldn't be surprised if Triple DPS makes a comeback.
    Rogue Mage Moonkin. You only need enough healing for the opener.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakazu View Post
    Nothing will change...

Warrior, Mage and Hunter will stay really strong with the new gear, as they scale damn good with better gear... Maybe we'll see more Rogues above 2.2k rating, as they also scale pretty well with new better gear, but Warrior, Mage and Hunter will still stay at the top, and they will do that until patch 6.0 goes live. After that, who knows.
    Im more scared of rogues and dks come next seasons gear, 35% agi and str scaling is going to be a bit insane. UH dks are going to do unhealable damage.

They might do some minor tweaks to mages and have already put some minor tweaks forward for warriors and rogues. Lets hope and pray they nerf hunters and mages and we might have a decently balanced season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Well they are changing hotw so balance is getting nerfed.