Deleted

[Mage] Macro Bug ?

Third question in 24 hours .......

Just respecced back to fire after quite a while playing frost. Last night on Galakros, Protectors and Shamans i had a strange bug with my Alter Time macro for fire which i never had before and found no joy about it on the web. My macro is as follows :

#showtooltip Alter Time
    /use 10
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /cast Alter Time
    /cast Pyroblast

The problem which i found happening was - I would get my trinkets up and HS + HU and hit the macro, expecting PoM to be activated, My gloves to used and to fire a Pyro during AT. However all that was happening was PoM would be activated and my glove enchant, No AT and Pyro wasn't cast. On protectors i thought it was a one off and thought no more of it, seemed to work fine on Noru hc and sha. Got to Gala hc and same problem and again on Shamans. All three times it occured was during the initial burst set up for a good combustion (aka on the pull without Hero/Lust).

Its particularly annoying as tbh, its a game changer when it happens cause trinkets drop off etc by the time ive worked out what happened. I tried adding /stopcasting on the 2nd line but it made no difference.

Cheers

Deleted
    #showtooltip Alter Time
    /use 10
    /castsequence Presence of Mind, Alter Time, Pyroblast

?

Deleted
    no its not a macro bug. you are probably spamming the button too often.

get pyro+HU --> Fireball --> Macro, press it once at the end of the cast --> spam pyro until out of pyros --> spam macro -> spam pyro

Deleted
    not spamming macro at all, i hit it once then i hit pyro til the procs are used then hit AT macro once more to end AT. As i said its strange, ive played fire a lot this patch, just the last couple of months ive been playing frost. Essentially doing the same thing with AT (minus PoM) but waiting for trinkets + FoF and BF before hitting the macro, never had any problems in frost nor did i encounter this when i was previously specced into fire. Just spent some time on the target dummies and havent reproduced the problem, will try again later

thanks

/cast Berserking
    /use 10
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /cast Alter Time
    /cast Pyroblast

Thats how mine goes. Press it once when all procs are up, then spam pyroblast, when out of pyroblasts hit macro one more time. Works perfect here. So yours should work..

Been meaning to implement this macro for a while. I tried it last night and I had one issue with it. For some reason I kept getting a normal Pyroblast cast being implemented when I clicked the macro a second time. I therefore had to delete the /cast Pyroblast to get it to work. No idea why that was happening and will test it again on dummies soon.

Don't use lazy macros is the moral of the story. I've never enjoyed tying Pyroblast to Alter Time because I've had nothing but trouble with it. I only put ENG gloves on it, as well as the primary cooldown I have for my spec: Arcane Power, Icy Veins, and PoM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by xerty View Post
    Been meaning to implement this macro for a while. I tried it last night and I had one issue with it. For some reason I kept getting a normal Pyroblast cast being implemented when I clicked the macro a second time. I therefore had to delete the /cast Pyroblast to get it to work. No idea why that was happening and will test it again on dummies soon.
    That happends if you stand still when you press the macro the 2nd time. It will hardcast instead of instantcast. So what I do is either jump or move when I click the macro the 2nd time. If I do that, the macro works as intended.

Why it hardcasts instead of instantcast I do not know. But if you move while hitting it the 2nd time, you force it to be instantcast, because a hardcast on the move is impossible. Even if you move, you dont need to click it two times for it to cast, 1 is enough, thus, it should not hardcast if you stand still, but it does, for some unknown reason.

Could also macro it without pyroblast in it, since you have to use your Pyroblast hotkey when you cast the X amount of pyroblasts in between macro hits anyway. If you are testing out the macro for the first time, you may aswell just do it without a /cast pyroblast. Not really a big diffrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaman View Post
    That happends if you stand still when you press the macro the 2nd time. It will hardcast instead of instantcast. So what I do is either jump or move when I click the macro the 2nd time. If I do that, the macro works as intended.

Why it hardcasts instead of instantcast I do not know. But if you move while hitting it the 2nd time, you force it to be instantcast, because a hardcast on the move is impossible. Even if you move, you dont need to click it two times for it to cast, 1 is enough, thus, it should not hardcast if you stand still, but it does, for some unknown reason.

Could also macro it without pyroblast in it, since you have to use your Pyroblast hotkey when you cast the X amount of pyroblasts in between macro hits anyway. If you are testing out the macro for the first time, you may aswell just do it without a /cast pyroblast. Not really a big diffrence.
    If you are standing still, it will sometimes cast the long pyro because when spamming the button, you do not ALWAYS have a pyro proc ready. It sometimes hasnt calculated your last pyro hitting the target and crit or not yet.. just make sure you are moving or jumping for that instant.

Personally I just strafe back and forth for the entirety of alter time and can tell when I should stop based on the crits of my previous pyros.

Deleted
    The problem wasnt the pyro cast, it wasnt activating alter time, only PoM