Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Or it was because some smart heals and AE attacks are buggy and cause you to get flagged, or because someone I healed activated PVP while I was healing, which you would have noticed if you would have read the thread.
    And the switch simply prevents that from happening. So nothing changes for you, except people getting randomly flagged although they did not want to.
    And as I said, the bugged AoEs need fixing. I believe smart heals like Cascade bounces were fixed.

It should snapshot when you begin your cast what their flag was, if you don't pay attention that is YOUR fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    I'm sorry, whats a PvE realm? I play on something called a NORMAL realm which I transferred to from a RP realm.

They are not "fixing" anything because the only problems that need to be fixed is AoE bugged flagging. I play on a NORMAL realm to PvP and PvE at my choosing, why can I not opt out of PvE with a switch so I can fight on the Isle without worrying about the tigers leaping on me or getting charged?
    Now you're just being hyperbolic. They are eliminating (not fixing) the autoflagging for PvP (PvP) which occurs when a PvE (Normal) player on a Normal (Normal) realm gets some shithead PvPer (PvP on a normal realm) who jumps in front of said PvEer (PvE on a Normal realm) forcing them to flag for PvP (PvP).

I should NOT have to deal with PvP on a NORMAL (PvE) realm. PvPers should not have to deal with Normal realm (PvE) things on a PvP realm either. So get over yourself kid. Blizz is resolving an ever growing ANNOYANCE which becomes harassment.

And as I said, the bugged AoEs need fixing. I believe smart heals like Cascade bounces were fixed.

It should snapshot when you begin your cast what their flag was, if you don't pay attention that is YOUR fault.
    So? Then why are you even against the switch? It would literally do the same. They don't have to fix several abilites, but just introduce the switch.
    So the only problem that remeins is people who accidently click PVP flagged players. Is this what you have to rely on when you want to PVP, because you are not able to beat people who deliberatly choose to PVP?

And your argument that you cannot (seriously) level only using PVP is good. But it's not argument against the PVE switch, it's another suggestion you should bring to Blizzard.

Sometimes people get injured in flag football. Accidents happen guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Now you're just being hyperbolic. They are eliminating (not fixing) the autoflagging for PvP (PvP) which occurs when a PvE (Normal) player on a Normal (Normal) realm gets some shithead PvPer (PvP on a normal realm) who jumps in front of said PvEer (PvE on a Normal realm) forcing them to flag for PvP (PvP).

I should NOT have to deal with PvP on a NORMAL (PvE) realm. PvPers should not have to deal with Normal realm (PvE) things on a PvP realm either. So get over yourself kid. Blizz is resolving an ever growing ANNOYANCE which becomes harassment.
    NORMAL doesnt mean PvE because NO realm is made for ONE type of playstyle. If they are doing this then they need to allow the same for PvP realms, and a realm for both playstyles, and allow free transfers for those who rolled on a realm before something like that was instituted. You keep insisting that normal realms are PvE, you're wrong. There are PvP targets, PvP vendors and you can flag for PvP. There shouldnt be raid instances on PvP realms and no BGs, PvP vendors or anything on Normal realms.

Annoying you isnt harassment. Nobody forces you to flag, you are too incompetent to not flag. If you are incompetent, you deal with it. if I agro enemies while fighting players, its my fault, not the player I was fighting, not Blizzard for placment of the enemies, me. If you flag yourself for PvP aside from an AoE bug (hint cleave=/=AoE) it is your fault, and that is something you should deal with This is simply letting players faceroll their way blindly without getting beaten by another player, supporting stupidity is a mistake and Blizzards double standard for PvP or more importantly, players who do BOTH is asinine.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And why can I not PvP WITHOUT PvE? If I'm fighting on the Isle I dont want my Howl of Terror to agro a nearby neutral enemy. I want to be able to run up and fight at Ordos without taking damage from him. It isnt fair that they are doing this without doing the same for PvPers, who are already at a disadvantage, and those PvPing still have to pay attention and not get attacked by enemies while they are making a change because of incompetent players not paying attention and flagging.
    So, it's argue semantics day, is it?

Since you seem to be the only one that does not seem to understand that NORMAL = PvE realm when discussing realm types, I guess you also seem to be the only one that doesn't understand that a PvP realm is just a normal realm where you have your /PvP flag stuck on once you leave your capital and lowbie faction zones.

There is a /PvP flag mechanic, which is what is being discussed.
    You find a realm that has /PvE flag that can be turned off or on, and then maybe your argument has merit. Until then, you're just making irrelevent noise.

So? Then why are you even against the switch? It would literally do the same. They don't have to fix several abilites, but just introduce the switch.
    So the only problem that remeins is people who accidently click PVP flagged players. Is this what you have to rely on when you want to PVP, because you are not able to beat people who deliberatly choose to PVP?

And your argument that you cannot (seriously) level only using PVP is good. But it's not argument against the PVE switch, it's another suggestion you should bring to Blizzard.
    Its an argument that PvPers cannot ONLY PvP and not be hindered in the way people can ONLY PvE, and unless they are going to go back and change all of this, and going forward, they are being hypocritical on the situation. jumping in front of mobs is griefing but knocking somebody back into mobs is cleaver gameplay mechanics?

I promise you, I don't need to trick some terribad to flag to wreck 4+ players at once on the isle, it is the way Blizzard is not only enabling stupidity, but also not giving the same opportunities to those who play, or have a character for, exclusively PvP.

Nobody forces you to flag, you are too incompetent to not flag. If you are incompetent, you deal with it.
    You are repeating yourself. If you have to rely on incompetent people so you can PVP, you might have greater problems than people who accidently do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Between Giscoicus and Lemonparty, it is hard to say who is the bigger pedantic of semantics.

Its an argument that PvPers cannot ONLY PvP and not be hindered in the way people can ONLY PvE, and unless they are going to go back and change all of this, and going forward, they are being hypocritical on the situation. jumping in front of mobs is griefing but knocking somebody back into mobs is cleaver gameplay mechanics?
    Yes, and I still agree that you have a point here. But that is not a valid argument against a PVE switch, it's a argument for a PVP switch.
    What you are saying is: Waahahaa, he gets icecream and I don't, so he also should not get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post

Since you seem to be the only one that does not seem to understand that NORMAL = PvE realm when discussing realm types, I guess you also seem to be the only one that doesn't understand that a PvP realm is just a normal realm where you have your /PvP flag stuck on once you leave your capital and lowbie faction zones.

There is a /PvP flag mechanic, which is what is being discussed.
    You find a realm that has /PvE flag that can be turned off or on, and then maybe your argument has merit. Until then, you're just making irrelevent noise.
    And the thing is, Normal simply doesnt mean that, which means when you choose a realm you see what normal means, and do not go to a normal relam expecting to be completely free of PvP

I'm sorry your comprehension is weak, I'm saying that if a /PvP mechanic should exist with a Never ever PvP option, the same SHOULD be added for a /PvE thing, because this is simply not fair for those who exclusively PvP. Why should PvPers be careful to not screw up in the world and end up fighting enemies while PvErs can tab spam and multidot blindly with no risk? You can level exclusively though PvE, not doable with PvP, even at level 10, the rest of the way is ridiculously long compared to PvE. I cant just convert honor to justice and buy items because the justice items and blocked by reputation tied to PvE dailies. Professions cannot be leveled through BGs either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and I still agree that you have a point here. But that is not a valid argument against a PVE switch, it's a argument for a PVP switch.
    What you are saying is: Waahahaa, he gets icecream and I don't, so he also should not get it!
    Pretty much what it boils down to.

And should a parent give icecream to one child and not the other when neither did anything wrong or especially right? This change isnt even for serious PvErs, its for facerolling LFR heroes

- - - Updated - - -

You are repeating yourself. If you have to rely on incompetent people so you can PVP, you might have greater problems than people who accidently do so.
    I'm saying that incompetency should not have the game change to favor them. It is ridiculous that if I went to the forums complaining about being knocked back by a druid into a hostile mob I would get told to get better and deal with it, and no change would be made, while somebody can come running talking about how he was buttonmashing and got flagged, and then Blizzard changes it to favor them. Incompetency should not be something Blizzard makes changes to suit, the response should be "XYZ spell is bugged, if you didn't use that stop sucking"

10+ Year Old Account
    And should a parent give icecream to one child and not the other when neither did anything wrong or especially right? This change isnt even for serious PvErs, its for facerolling LFR heroes

- - - Updated - - -

I'm saying that incompetency should not have the game change to favor them. It is ridiculous that if I went to the forums complaining about being knocked back by a druid into a hostile mob I would get told to get better and deal with it, and no change would be made, while somebody can come running talking about how he was buttonmashing and got flagged, and then Blizzard changes it to favor them. Incompetency should not be something Blizzard makes changes to suit, the response should be "XYZ spell is bugged, if you didn't use that stop sucking"
    So take your fight to a thread you just made and stand up to be heard. If you don't tell them what you want, they won't give it to you in 5 years.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even though people CLAIM to say It's your fault if you flag,

I'd like to point out that Cascade was flagging people. That is something beyond our control. It took Blizz 2-3 weeks to fix it.

yes we COULD choose something else in that time or not use it but that is besides the point. I shouldn't HAVE to choose something else just because some people want to be asshats.

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    Even though people CLAIM to say It's your fault if you flag,

I'd like to point out that Cascade was flagging people. That is something beyond our control. It took Blizz 2-3 weeks to fix it.

yes we COULD choose something else in that time or not use it but that is besides the point. I shouldn't HAVE to choose something else just because some people want to be asshats.
    Like I said, the bugged/broken spells should be fixed. If I am hitting tab-immolate-tab-immolate-tab-immolate-tab-immolate-tab-immolate-tab-immolate or clicking multiple targets, it is my fault for dotting up an enemy player.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I think you like turing in circles. You are repeating your "incompetent" argument all the time, yet you still fail to explain why you need incompetent people to PVP with. So unless you have a good explanation for that, I don't think arguing with you leads anywhere.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And the thing is, Normal simply doesnt mean that, which means when you choose a realm you see what normal means, and do not go to a normal relam expecting to be completely free of PvP

I'm sorry your comprehension is weak, I'm saying that if a /PvP mechanic should exist with a Never ever PvP option, the same SHOULD be added for a /PvE thing, because this is simply not fair for those who exclusively PvP. Why should PvPers be careful to not screw up in the world and end up fighting enemies while PvErs can tab spam and multidot blindly with no risk? You can level exclusively though PvE, not doable with PvP, even at level 10, the rest of the way is ridiculously long compared to PvE. I cant just convert honor to justice and buy items because the justice items and blocked by reputation tied to PvE dailies. Professions cannot be leveled through BGs either.
    PvP is a PvE server that has the /PvP flag stuck on. That's really it.

What we are talking about, the /PvP flag, already exists, and it should simply be made manual on a PvE realm, as it was chosen so that PvP could be ignored unless specifically sought out.
    What you are talking about, a /PvE flag, doesn't exist, and you are trying to say "But this doesn't exist, so that shouldn't exist". Which would, in effect, make all realms a /PvP realm by removing the choice to flag?

Deleted
    So not only we can just aoe the dungeons, we can aoe the open world with 0 consenquences.

I'm fine with the change. However all things being equal than PvE gear should only be viable in instanced PvE on a PvP server. All other times it should be the equal of wearing tissue paper. If you want to do just PvE than stay off a PvP realm. If you want to PvP then you shouldn't get huge health pool bonuses and huge crits in PvE gear. That is of course all things being equal.