Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    They should just disable PVP all together on PVE realms along with battleground. You don't want to PvP in the world you shouldn't have the right to join BGs. BGs might become fun again when they are full with people who have already learnt to defend themselves not people who have never learnt to PvP becoming a push over.
    Sure. And while we're at it, we'll make sure you are removed from the ability to quest, do dailies, raid, etc. Have fun with your PvP! We'll be enjoying the other 95% of the game!
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Sure. And while we're at it, we'll make sure you are removed from the ability to quest, do dailies, raid, etc. Have fun with your PvP! We'll be enjoying the other 95% of the game!
    This made me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    This made me smile.
    Yeah same for me, espacially when all the most best ranked server are PvP

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Yeah same for me, espacially when all the most best ranked server are PvP

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us
    Yeah, they would shit a brick if we cut off PvE from PvP servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Yeah, they would shit a brick if we cut off PvE from PvP servers.
    I guess the poster couldn't find a half logical reason to explain the double standard. Oh well. Shame. It made me laugh too seeing the instant irony in the statement. I've never enjoyed people using the pvp happens on a pvp server and all its extensions, but to see the even worse statements from the same people in this thread just has me boggled and amused. It took almost 10 years to make this change which should have been in the game from day 1. /golfclap lol
    BAD WOLF

This doesn't even make sense, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    This doesn't even make sense, though.
    Someone wants to remove the ability to participate in any form of PvP on PvE servers. I said ok, but we'll remove every PvE aspect from PvP servers. It's a 1:1 metaphor.
    BAD WOLF

Someone wants to remove the ability to participate in any form of PvP on PvE servers. I said ok, but we'll remove every PvE aspect from PvP servers. It's a 1:1 metaphor.
    Both are awful ideas, but it isn't 1:1 either..

10+ Year Old Account
    Both are awful ideas, but it isn't 1:1 either..
    Yes they are awful ideas...that was the point. I'm not sure what you're missing. *shrug*
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Perhaps you would prefer it if Blizzard just implemented a giant 'You Win!' button you can push as soon as you log in? Zero hassle or annoyance!
    Not needed really but why should pvp be forced upon you by someone when your playing on a PvE realm it makes no sense. You wanting to NOT pvp at any time so why should someone else have the right to either ruin your gameplay or you end up pvp'd.

- - - Updated - - -

One thats poor tho as 1st off pvp'er are in the severe minority and 2nd there would be sweet bugger all for pvp'er to do ... no mobs, no raid, dungeons etc lol
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Yes they are awful ideas...that was the point. I'm not sure what you're missing. *shrug*
    I'm pointing out the awful metaphor you used. While an awful idea... it at least makes more sense than your "counter metaphor" does.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Implementing the toggle in a way that makes it impossible for you to accidentally flag yourself is fine.

I don't know why anyone thinks that having people strafing their mammoths over your fishing lure is a style of gameplay worth preserving.

I don't mind a little world PvP from time to time, but given that I'm on a PvE server, it should be something that I choose to engage in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pointing out the awful metaphor you used. While an awful idea... it at least makes more sense than your "counter metaphor" does.
    I'll choose to disagree. It's tit for tat, but as always on the internet it's fine if you disagree as well. The continued rhetoric really only serves to divert attention from the point, which you already admitted you understood. I don't think either of us want to spin in circles.
    BAD WOLF

I'll choose to disagree. It's tit for tat, but as always on the internet it's fine if you disagree as well. The continued rhetoric really only serves to divert attention from the point, which you already admitted you understood. I don't think either of us want to spin in circles.
    I'm pointing out your obscenely bad metaphor. While disabling BGs on PVE servers would be dumb.. it at least makes a little sense. As a few here have screamed over and over; People go to PVE servers to avoid PVP. So yeah, that could at least make a little sense... or metaphor isn't 1:1 and makes no sense at all. People don't go to PVP servers because they want to avoid PVE, thats why your metaphor makes no sense at all.

Bout time yo. Be nice to play without random flagging.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pointing out your obscenely bad metaphor. While disabling BGs on PVE servers would be dumb.. it at least makes a little sense. As a few here have screamed over and over; People go to PVE servers to avoid PVP. So yeah, that could at least make a little sense... or metaphor isn't 1:1 and makes no sense at all. People don't go to PVP servers because they want to avoid PVE, thats why your metaphor makes no sense at all.

I've said this many many times in this thread. We go to PVE servers to get away from UNINSTANCED PVP. (In case you are slow, instanced pvp = battlegrounds and arenas)

This means we don't want pvp to happen unless we know it's coming and are prepared for it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/guide/getting-started
    • NormalPlayer Versus EnemiesThe standard. Role-play is optional, and all player-versus-player fights have to be consensual.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Being able to force someone to PvP was always annoying. I haven't fallen for it since vanilla, but it's annoying when your group mates still happen to do it. Standing over NPCs/other clickable things, standing flagged in groups of mobs and hope someone tab targets you, etc.

While it was fun to grief flag people way back a long time ago, I also haven't done THAT since vanilla.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I've said this many many times in this thread. We go to PVE servers to get away from UNINSTANCED PVP. (In case you are slow, instanced pvp = battlegrounds and arenas)

This means we don't want pvp to happen unless we know it's coming and are prepared for it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/guide/getting-started
    Please don't be dishonest. For one, you don't speak for everyone, secondly, I clearly wrote "as a few here have screamed over and over."

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    The standard. Role-play is optional, and all player-versus-player fights have to be consensual.
    Basically as put. "Trickery" to get people to flag does not a "consensual" player versus player fight make.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Being able to force someone to PvP was always annoying. I haven't fallen for it since vanilla, but it's annoying when your group mates still happen to do it. Standing over NPCs/other clickable things, standing flagged in groups of mobs and hope someone tab targets you, etc.

While it was fun to grief flag people way back a long time ago, I also haven't done THAT since vanilla.
    I agree using crappy mechanics to trick someone is pretty lame.