Deleted
    No Screenshot released today? Or is it too early for that?

It would be now or in the next couple of hours, but there weren't any yesterday, just the old concept pages for BC, Anathema/Benediction and the DK class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somnium View Post
    It would be now or in the next couple of hours, but there weren't any yesterday, just the old concept pages for BC, Anathema/Benediction and the DK class.
    They did that yesterday as a throwback Thursday almost all the devs I seen were doing it. I thought it was pretty awesome, I suspect they will release another screenshot today or at least I hope they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post
    They did that yesterday as a throwback Thursday almost all the devs I seen were doing it. I thought it was pretty awesome, I suspect they will release another screenshot today or at least I hope they do.
    Nah it's Friday of a holiday weekend - we know how Blizzard gets around holidays...zzzzzz

oh, what a sad. sad. friday.... no new screens/info/leaks

yet

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Every speculation is both right and wrong right now...Schrodinger's Beta?
    but... Schrodinger's thought experiment was created for the express purpose of showing the absurdity of the underlying theory. Are you implying that we don't have an answer as to when the beta will start because the concept of a beta starting isn't legitimate?

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    but... Schrodinger's thought experiment was created for the express purpose of showing the absurdity of the underlying theory. Are you implying that we don't have an answer as to when the beta will start because the concept of a beta starting isn't legitimate?
    Pretty sure it was actually created to demonstrate a phenomenon in quantum physics that occurs in very specific situations between two entangled particles, but it was just grossly misrepresented to how it is today where people apply it at near random to any situation remotely similar due to how he applied it to a mundane object. In fact, the purpose was to demonstrate how inapplicable it is to mundane objects, not that the underlying theory is absurd.

Short answer: The cat is never in a state of ambiguity between life and death, people are just dumb and Schrödinger is tossing in his grave.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-02-14 at 11:01 PM.

Please tell me someone else in this thread has thought about this - Patch notes were used for 5.0.3 (july 13th 2012 or so) to 5.0.4 (released on live 28th of Aug 2012) on the PTR for the pre-expansion patch.

There were no Patch notes for 5.0.1 for the which was the build number used for the Beta. Are they doing something different this time? Why are they working on 6.0 patch notes?? Yes we got details from Boub on MMO-CHampion from data mining but never have we gotten Patch notes about a beta or expansion until the pre-expansion patch hits PTR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaenya View Post
    Please tell me someone else in this thread has thought about this - Patch notes were used for 5.0.3 (july 13th 2012 or so) to 5.0.4 (released on live 28th of Aug 2012) on the PTR for the pre-expansion patch.

There were no Patch notes for 5.0.1 for the which was the build number used for the Beta. Are they doing something different this time? Why are they working on 6.0 patch notes?? Yes we got details from Boub on MMO-CHampion from data mining but never have we gotten Patch notes about a beta or expansion until the pre-expansion patch hits PTR.
    We have got beta patch notes when beta was released, before cataclysm I remember even seeing alpha notes. The notes were BEFORE the pre-expansion patch hit the PTR too. They were posted during the datamining anytime Blizz released new patch notes.

We have got beta patch notes when beta was released, before cataclysm I remember even seeing alpha notes. The notes were BEFORE the pre-expansion patch hit the PTR too. They were posted during the datamining anytime Blizz released new patch notes.

Can you provide a link to this. All I can find are datamined notes and information on changes that boub releases. Nothing official from bliz

Alex Afrasiabi on Twitter
    Standing in front of Warlord's Thrall. He's lookin' angry! Like he's here to kick some ass and take some names. And he's all out of... names
    https://twitter.com/Abrosiabi

Thrall gets the ol' Armor of Doomhammer back, that was said at Blizzcon, in all High-Poly Glory (I mean, High poly for WoW, shitpolycount for anything else).

10+ Year Old Account
    Could have swore up and down I saw patch notes from beta on the forums but I cannot find them, only what you said. I will still keep looking though...

change of topic and back to tweets

https://twitter.com/Abrosiabi/status/434477197064028160

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Somnium View Post
    Alex Afrasiabi on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Abrosiabi

Thrall gets the ol' Armor of Doomhammer back, that was said at Blizzcon, in all High-Poly Glory (I mean, High poly for WoW, shitpolycount for anything else).
    you beat me to it

For the MoP beta, they did a huge press event/MoP information dump right before beta launched and therefore didn't really need official notes right at the start of beta. If they aren't doing a press event this time, they will need the notes to let people know about changes before the forums implode in QQ about bad datamined class changes.

Olivia d. Grace (WoW Insider, Gamebreak TV) friendly poking at us
    ooooooooo look an upgrade arrow thingy (alas nothing appears when I click through) pic.twitter.com/mSdukXZOcG
    https://twitter.com/oliviadgrace/sta...80895794225152

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Pretty sure it was actually created to demonstrate a phenomenon in quantum physics that occurs in very specific situations between two entangled particles, but it was just grossly misrepresented to how it is today where people apply it at near random to any situation remotely similar due to how he applied it to a mundane object. In fact, the purpose was to demonstrate how inapplicable it is to mundane objects, not that the underlying theory is absurd.

Short answer: The cat is never in a state of ambiguity between life and death, people are just dumb and Schrödinger is tossing in his grave.
    That's a common misconception.

"One can even set up quite ridiculous cases. A cat is penned up in a steel chamber, along with the following device (which must be secured against direct interference by the cat): in a Geiger counter, there is a tiny bit of radioactive substance, so small, that perhaps in the course of the hour one of the atoms decays, but also, with equal probability, perhaps none; if it happens, the counter tube discharges and through a relay releases a hammer that shatters a small flask of hydrocyanic acid. If one has left this entire system to itself for an hour, one would say that the cat still lives if meanwhile no atom has decayed. The psi-function of the entire system would express this by having in it the living and dead cat (pardon the expression) mixed or smeared out in equal parts.
    It is typical of these cases that an indeterminacy originally restricted to the atomic domain becomes transformed into macroscopic indeterminacy, which can then be resolved by direct observation. That prevents us from so naively accepting as valid a "blurred model" for representing reality. In itself, it would not embody anything unclear or contradictory. There is a difference between a shaky or out-of-focus photograph and a snapshot of clouds and fog banks."
    —Erwin Schrödinger, Die gegenwärtige Situation in der Quantenmechanik

Could have swore up and down I saw patch notes from beta on the forums but I cannot find them, only what you said. I will still keep looking though...

change of topic and back to tweets

- - - Updated - - -

you beat me to it
    Yeah I have never seen anything about an initial patch note release for Beta I have only seen them for the pre-patch. If you find anything let me know however, I have never seen them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    For the MoP beta, they did a huge press event/MoP information dump right before beta launched and therefore didn't really need official notes right at the start of beta. If they aren't doing a press event this time, they will need the notes to let people know about changes before the forums implode in QQ about bad datamined class changes.

Did they do patch notes for the other expansions?

Yeah I have never seen anything about an initial patch note release for Beta I have only seen them for the pre-patch. If you find anything let me know however, I have never seen them.
    Same here never seen a beta pre release notes, however they did say they would be doing something different this time and would be explaining why the changes were made so we'll see what that ends up meaning.
    Last edited by Wow; 2014-02-15 at 12:45 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if you guys are saying there haven't been beta patch notes in general, or just there haven't been beta notes right away when beta starts, but I found these Wrath beta notes-
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2008/07/17/wo...nd-other-news/

Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    Not sure if you guys are saying there haven't been beta patch notes in general, or just there haven't been beta notes right away when beta starts, but I found these Wrath beta notes-
    I was hinting at the fact they haven't in the past released patch notes for the beta before the beta was released. I know they release them as they go through the builds and the pre-expansion patch on the PTR.

The reason you can't find the notes outside of datamine posts is because the beta patch notes were not usually posted by Blizzard on the web. They were displayed in the beta client launcher itself, and then later to the forums, usually once the pre-patch PTR was going up.

But us getting posted noted prior to the beta going live? I don't think they have done that before.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.