Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Everyones throwing prediction here and there, so I'm gonna try it too:

No alpha/beta this or next week.
    No WoD before December.
    Alpha will begin in exactly e^π days! (Or weeks if you're pessimist/realist)

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if people reacted the same way back when ICC was already 8 months old and people had no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    I wonder if people reacted the same way back when ICC was already 8 months old and people had no new content.
    Yes we did, but we got RS that helped a little.

Deleted
    Yes we did, but we got RS that helped a little.
    RS was a joke and you know it. People didn't give a shit about RS, especially on my realm - ICC was the main and only goal for that long stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by SatoriUK View Post
    RS was a joke and you know it. People didn't give a shit about RS, especially on my realm - ICC was the main and only goal for that long stretch.
    Of course it was a joke, no doubt about it. However, to kill Halion on HC took 2+ weeks, it gave me atleast false feeling of something happening.

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually played that entire period of time (ICC to Cata) and never ran RS until 2 weeks before Cata (after 4.0 was already out).
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

We did Halion HC once and never bothered again, there was no point
    It was a waste of development time

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I actually played that entire period of time (ICC to Cata) and never ran RS until 2 weeks before Cata (after 4.0 was already out).
    hearing anything interesting around the water cooler of late?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it was more the gesture that counted, even if the raid was just peppering ICC a bit. RS did segue into Cata somewhat.

It wasn't particularly well thought out though, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Alpha will begin in exactly e^π days! (Or weeks if you're pessimist/realist)
    If you asked me several months ago I'd say it would start any day now.

10+ Year Old Account
    So when does the chopper episode come out? like 5 hours?

Deleted
    Looking forward to some raid info/pictures/videos some of the encounters in the encounter journal sounded pretty awesome. At least mechanics wise. Maybe quite a while off that for the time being but who knows!

It's not really relevant, but I honestly liked this:

https://twitter.com/sharpbladez1/sta...85721368657920

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Best tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Good one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure they say that about every expansion. It is like in the.. you know.. Code of their Job

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkked View Post
    I'm pretty sure they say that about every expansion. It is like in the.. you know.. Code of their Job
    There's no contradiction in saying that each expansion is going to be "the best one yet".
    They're just not always necessarily right (although honestly I'd say the only one that broke the pattern of sequential improvement was Cataclysm).

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    The build from Thursday morning was supposed to be the one used for the Alpha/Beta launch, which was supposed to be this week. That build was broken though, so I don't know if that has changed things.
    Sorry to necro this post from so many pages ago, bit when you say "alpha/beta" launch, do you mean its possible we could go straight into beta?

Everyones throwing prediction here and there, so I'm gonna try it too:

No alpha/beta this or next week.
    No WoD before December.
    Your prediction makes sense, and I second it! Can I borrow your crystall ball?

Assumptions made based on the release of Wildstar is BS. They're just doing their best to get the game they pictured out there, not doing any mistakes by preemptive releasing of anything. "Oh shiiiiet guys, we must hurry tiz, cuz wildstar is here soon!" - No. Just no.

The thing to remember with ICC - even if you discard RS - is that 12 months of it is not really the same as 12 months of SOO. ICC was heavily gated. For the first month, the only thing that was open was the first 4 bosses on normal mode. It was somewhere close to 3 months before Lich King and hard modes were even available. For the first couple months that ICC was open, guilds were still commonly farming TOGC and even working on Ulduar hard modes still

Not to mention the fact that the content was heavily gated behind the stacking ICC buff. Heroic Lich King was virtually impossible at the 0% buff level. The world first Heroic Lich King kill was on March 26, 2010 - over 3.5 months after ICC was released. Top 50-100 US level guilds couldn't kill it until the 20%-30% buff levels which took into that summer (and there were a LOT more guilds back then so top 100 back then is probably equivalent to top 25 today).

With higher and higher buff levels, all of normal mode eventually became accessible to PUGs, and even the first 8-10 heroic mode fights could be done with a PUG/GDKP run by the 30% buff level. The content was just both more accessible and had far more longevity than SoO did. ICC was really closer to 9 months long from a practical standpoint given all of the gating and delayed accessibility, so it was MUCH less tedious than 12 months of SoO (let alone the 14-15 months we will end up getting) will be.