10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    Cool, but are you sure you're allowed to post here?
    Zarhym has an account here too, and they a have Customer support representative too. If he couldn't he wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Quite frankly, Im so sick and tired of Blizzard taking forever to do EVERYTHING. At this point if the next thing they drop isnt the entire Beta Patch notes with a Beta launch date, it will be underwhelming and disappointing. These shitty breadcrumb blogs about some small part of the game that only applies to a small subset of players (PVP, healing, etc...) are very lackluster. Im sick and tired of having a year or more with no new content at the end of every expansion, and the longer they sit on the beta stringing us along, the longer its gonna be till release. I dont even care about playing the beta, I just want it released so we can move on to the final stage before release.

I KNOW they are just sitting back laughing at us knowing they have a stable enough build that they could release as a beta but refuse to because they like to watch us get angry. Then they make up lame excuses like they have to translate patch notes or some BS. Screw the small subset of the playerbase that cant read English and let the other 90% know whats going on. The fans will translate them 1000 times faster. I mean cmon, they couldve translated the Bible to another language in the amount of time they claim its taking to translate a measly 33 pages

sorry but this is the truth yo

i especially hate the endless teasing

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    COFFEE BIRD has landed. More sightings imminent. Turn hype knob up to 11. Technical Writing hype train is a go.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Fact is I am sure that unless CMs were here giving away all blizzards secrets, they are allowed to post here. After-all this is a public forum and anyone is allowed to post here providing they follow the rules and I doubt Blizzard will have a problem with Ry posting here providing he does not break whatever rules they have regarding posting on non-blizzard sanctioned websites/forums.

Quite frankly, Im so sick and tired of Blizzard taking forever to do EVERYTHING. At this point if the next thing they drop isnt the entire Beta Patch notes with a Beta launch date, it will be underwhelming and disappointing. These shitty breadcrumb blogs about some small part of the game that only applies to a small subset of players (PVP, healing, etc...) are very lackluster. Im sick and tired of having a year or more with no new content at the end of every expansion, and the longer they sit on the beta stringing us along, the longer its gonna be till release. I dont even care about playing the beta, I just want it released so we can move on to the final stage before release.

I KNOW they are just sitting back laughing at us knowing they have a stable enough build that they could release as a beta but refuse to because they like to watch us get angry. Then they make up lame excuses like they have to translate patch notes or some BS. Screw the small subset of the playerbase that cant read English and let the other 90% know whats going on. The fans will translate them 1000 times faster. I mean cmon, they couldve translated the Bible to another language in the amount of time they claim its taking to translate a measly 33 pages
    Preach.
    10char

Yeah.. they're definitely just withholding beta to spite you.

Are you even reading what you're writing? What the hell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    sorry but this is the truth yo

i especially hate the endless teasing
    At this point Id be willing to bet it takes Blizzard 3 hours to watch a 1 hour TV show

Quote Originally Posted by Rygarius View Post
    The person was asking for an example of what was the most difficult patch notes to write. These can be abilities that passively proc, building up charges on a 2nd ability, which is then activated by a 3rd ability. But if they have a 4th ability or spec active, it changes that 3rd ability into something else. Now write about a change in the 3rd ability in a manner that makes sense without using a wall-of-text or accidentally implicating that abilities 1 and 2 have changed because they haven't.

P.S. Aw, can't link images yet.
    The answer is always flowcharts, and in the case of patch notes.. ASCII Flowcharts.

Their product, their decision...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    She is actually a He .
    I had been told differently. I hate the internet.

15+ Year Old Account

I assure you they aren't laughing or enjoying you getting angry.

I suggest you step back from the thread and take some deep breaths.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

"HEY GUYS, IT'S ME, RYGARIUS! STILL WRITING PATCH NOTES FOR THAT BETA."

(Time passes. Soon™, nuclear holocaust comes and goes. Rygarius continues unaware, tweeting to an empty world from a bunker somewhere about all the patch notes he's writing for an expansion that will never exist)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Yeah.. they're definitely just withholding beta to spite you.

Are you even reading what you're writing? What the hell?
    The version they just showed at the press events is more stable and has more content than MoP beta did when it launched so YES, I think they are just holding back and laughing at us. They couldve easily released that build as beta. In addition theyve already stated the current client is even several versions newer than that one was. Like I said, they are stringing us along and laughing at us when we get mad. This is the 5th expansion now that they said would be out sooner than the previous one, and they have yet to deliver on that!!!

Deleted

I KNOW they are just sitting back laughing at us knowing they have a stable enough build that they could release as a beta but refuse to because they like to watch us get angry. Then they make up lame excuses like they have to translate patch notes or some BS.
    Sound absolutely logical...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Borelok View Post
    "HEY GUYS, IT'S ME, RYGARIUS! STILL WRITING PATCH NOTES FOR THAT BETA."

(Time passes. Soon™, nuclear holocaust comes and goes. Rygarius continues unaware, tweeting to an empty world from a bunker somewhere about all the patch notes he's writing for an expansion that will never exist)
    And yet someone will still find a way to QQ , this is the power of the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I assure you they aren't laughing or enjoying you getting angry.

I suggest you step back from the thread and take some deep breaths.
    Exactly this. Blizzard is excited about what they're doing, and probably want to share as much as they can early because they know we'll be excited to hear it. They're not "teasing us", they're just telling us what they presently can.

However, if there is information that is uncertain, or people might misinterpret without context (read: being able to see it or play it for themselves), they'd rather hold off until they can explain it further or show it to us.

Deleted

Although I can confirm the people at Blizz aren't that lame to actually do this, the teasing has to stop at some point.

The soul reason why everyone is interested in beta is because it's one huge info dump. A blue post or tweet doesn't provide that if it's only there to give a sneak peek of a sneak peek.

Edit: nothing is as lame as a sneak peek of a sneak peek.
    Last edited by mmoc1cb88fe73b; 2014-02-26 at 09:23 PM.

I have to agree on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    The version they just showed at the press events is more stable and has more content than MoP beta did when it launched so YES, I think they are just holding back and laughing at us. They couldve easily released that build as beta. In addition theyve already stated the current client is even several versions newer than that one was. Like I said, they are stringing us along and laughing at us when we get mad. This is the 5th expansion now that they said would be out sooner than the previous one, and they have yet to deliver on that!!!
    Just as a friendly, unbiased reminder, please try to remember something: They don't owe you a damn thing.

On a more personal note, what's with the personal vendetta approach here? You do realize how weird it looks, yes?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.