Once beta is announced this thread will die. It'll have served its purpose. There will be seperate threads made for the multitudes of subjects we get info on such as garrisons, class changes and story.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Once beta is announced this thread will die. It'll have served its purpose. There will be seperate threads made for the multitudes of subjects we get info on such as garrisons, class changes and story.
    I agree but in the initial rush of beta coming out I expect there will be much activity here as well. It'll be like the last big surge of posting in this thread before it fades into forum memory.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Thats the mods declaring that a thread got too big, not a limitation of the forums themselves. The first brony thread reached 11802 pages/236039 posts before it was closed. The rest have been locked at around 3-4k pages, but again always by mods. So while some mod or another may decide this thread has run its course and lock it, we are nowhere close to being locked due to size and I still think there is not a limitation to how big a thread can get if no mod intervenes.

Just to make this post slightly more on topic, who thinks we crack 1k pages once beta is announced? Crazy amount of posts as people find things!
    this thread will explode once beta is announced and datamining begins. I can also imagine the branch off topics in the thread after each discovery lol.

- - - Updated - - -

my guess is that the thread will stay up until after the game goes into release.

Deleted
    Rivianwolf ‏@Rivianwolf
    @Rygarius You should definitly post some news to celebrate 15k posts in your thread
    http://t.co/GBUZfPb62t
    Rygarius @Rygarius
    @Rivianwolf Not giving fuel for haters.
    https://twitter.com/Rygarius/status/448165530516877312

Hmm... bummer.

If you love us Blizz you'll "accidentally" let the beta client be data mined.

(Yes this is a joke)

Are we haters? D:
    - He who moves first always wins -

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Thunder View Post
    Apparently being disappointed with their lackadaisical attitude is hating on them.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

This was the most amusing post in this entire thread. If only I had the drawing skills to produce a hippogryph image worthy of this hilarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge12309 View Post
    Are we haters? D:
    The majority of posts in response to a "fun tweet" at this point would just be people yelling at him. Most of those still hyped for WoD are just waiting quietly for beta at this point.

Inc 2-3 pages of hating on Blizz and Ryg from even that tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mintie View Post
    Apparently being disappointed with their lackadaisical attitude is hating on them.
    There is a line though between being disappointed and being abusive. And that line has been crossed several times by various people in this thread. Basically, the Internet being what it is, he gains nothing by posting just to post or to have fun interacting with the community. He would just be met by a wave of people who would rather sling obscenities and hate, regardless of what he posts.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge12309 View Post
    Are we haters? D:
    enough of us are that always ruin it for the rest...

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    The majority of posts in response to a "fun tweet" at this point would just be people yelling at him. Most of those still hyped for WoD are just waiting quietly for beta at this point.

Inc 2-3 pages of hating on Blizz and Ryg from even that tweet.
    Well along with 2-3 more finger pointing and apologist naming...../facepalm

If we can be a bit honest here, the thread is being overtaken gradually by people with..... hmm lets say "impatient" and "my opinion is absolute fact" mind set type >_<

In dire need of good old FUN SIMPLE GOING HYPE fuel....."winks endlessly to someone in the higher ups to do something fast"

Edit:...just how did the talk derail into WC4 all of a sudden a few pages back, stop over imaging things people!!
    The first, last and only warning to get from me...Mock me once I will Backstab you...Mock me twice I will Mutilate thee....Mock me thrice I will go ******* killing spree on you......Have Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    There is a line though between being disappointed and being abusive. And that line has been crossed several times by various people in this thread. Basically, the Internet being what it is, he gains nothing by posting just to post or to have fun interacting with the community. He would just be met by a wave of people who would rather sling obscenities and hate, regardless of what he posts.
    saddens me how true that is I was actually fairly excited when he first posted in this thread I thought we finally had a chance to to be able to foster a line of communication and I think that was also likely his intent. but that ship has sailed for more reason than one.

My theory is that GC wasn't happy with deadlines not being met by the team and by him leaving only exacerbated the situation. Thus the delay in releasing this expansion.

Deleted
    Rygarius @Rygarius
    @Rivianwolf Not giving fuel for haters.
    What a joke. HEY Rygarius if you read this: WE PAY YOU. The nice $$$ you get at the end of the month in your bank account come from OUR MONEY, so learn to show some respect to YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS instead of you "soontm" bs.

Blizzard REALLY needs a reality check and I hope other games will make them lose a lot of subscriptions. They have NO CONTENT for OVER a year and call haters the people complaining about it?

Yeah Ryg, I'm sure you deal much better with people shutting up and paying quietly even when you deliver JUNK (ie NOTHING) for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    My theory is that GC wasn't happy with deadlines not being met by the team and by him leaving only exacerbated the situation. Thus the delay in releasing this expansion.
    Yes, because if you have payed ANY attention to twitter, GC is obviously not on good terms with the team anymore.

Oh, hey, look at that: sarcasm.

He saw another opportunity and took it. Hell, I would've left MUCH sooner than he did if I had to deal with the player base being one of the heads of game design.

What is with you guys digging so deep to just make everything look villainous? Have you ever considered just taking things for face value?

Things like this are why Rygarius tweeted that, and he has EVERY right to. You guys, a LOT of you, have demonized everything they've said when they've given the information they're ALLOWED to. They have a set schedule and they adhere to it. They didn't have to give us any information and they still did and we STILL shit on them for it.

This is what we get. To all of you who have continuously shit on Blizzard because you're insanely impatient, here's your reward.

I really, REALLY hope you enjoy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sauzer View Post
    What a joke. HEY Rygarius if you read this: WE PAY YOU. The nice $$$ you get at the end of the month in your bank account come from OUR MONEY, so learn to show some respect to YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS instead of you "soontm" bs.

Blizzard REALLY needs a reality check and I hope other games will make them lose a lot of subscriptions. They have NO CONTENT for OVER a year and call haters the people complaining about it?

Yeah Ryg, I'm sure you deal much better with people shutting up and paying quietly even when you deliver JUNK (ie NOTHING) for a year.
    And this post is the exact reason why he won't tell us anything.

Thanks, sauzer, for proving my point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    And this post is the exact reason why he won't tell us anything.

Thanks, sauzer, for proving my point.
    If you want to put it this way, you are the reason why Blizzard slacks and takes forever between expansions, because they know they have a lot of players like you who just pay "no questions asked" and are willing to wait as much as they want.

IF more people unsub and told them to hurry up that they don't care about WORDS but want FACTS, be sure they would start working more.

The reason Rygarius is allowed to write such words is because they have almost 8 million customers and don't give a damn... once they start dropping like flies because people realize they aren't working as much as they should, well, trust me, Ryg will think twice before bashing HIS OWN CUSTOMERS.
    Last edited by mmoc84fe02c5ed; 2014-03-24 at 07:40 PM.

Congratulations on being exactly the type of person he is talking about.

Yeah sadly it's posts like that which will make the devs withdraw from this interaction. I get that people are impatient but the nature of deadlines is that they shift if you have delays. I work in vfx on films and it's the same deal. Bids go back, release dates change depending on how the work goes throughout the project. As much as people are annoyed at the prospect of no new content for a long time just think that the end product is not being rushed and that is a good thing.

I personally enjoy the new dialogue the player base has had recently over social media and I hope the few abusive posters haven't forced them to rethink this new communication avenue.

If you want to put it this way, you are the reason why Blizzard slacks and takes forever between expansions, because they know they have a lot of players like you who just pay "no questions asked" and are willing to wait as much as they want.

IF more people unsub and told them to hurry up that they don't care about WORDS but want FACTS, be sure they would start working more.
    Yes, because I'm understanding and because I know the long hours of development?

Because I know the work it takes in an art such as this?

Because I know the time and how many overtime hours are put in just to met deadlines?

People like you under appreciate the people who work FOR US. You don't realize how much effort and how much of their time is spent just to get products out.

Blizzard is known and highly regarded by the masses because it takes its time and puts more effort into its products than nearly any other developer. I have my issues with them, as do others, but it is a fact they put out quality products.

I ask questions constantly.

We all do.

And they always, ALWAYS answer us, either by instilling the changes we ask for into the game or telling us why they're a bad idea (and, most of the time, being correct in that). Sure, they're mistaken sometimes just as anyone else is, but they know what's best for the game much, much more-so than we do.

If more people unsub, honestly I don't think they'd care colossally. Because.. not many people are going anywhere.

You hear this talk of disdain only on these forums. I go in game and every day I see hundreds, THOUSANDS of people still playing the game and all of the plentiful content it has in it.

You guys continue to want more, and more, and more. I want this next expansion out sooner, but the reality of it is it's going to take a while just like any other.

Learn to be patient. It's true that patience is a virtue. Maybe you wouldn't be so angry if you learnt that, eh?

TL;DR unless you know how game development works, you have no right to judge nor be upset.