And that's been the discussion for past pageish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Somnium View Post
    I think it's just HotS technical alpha starting.
    This is my guess as well. Which means Monday there shall be a plentiful amount of threads created complaining that popular streamers are more important customers than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    This is current discussion Dark.

- - - Updated - - -

While I don't think Simca was responding to me, I think this post may be related to her posting what she did out of the blue.
    Ok, thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    What do you guys think about beta coming before march 25th? There will be a lot! of traffic to the wow-site because of Reaper of Souls release. RoS will be installed via battle-net desktop app. Perfect time for them to advertize their other games.
    It seems odd to me that the beta could appear when ROS comes out, so maybe it is next week? I hope we don't have to wait until April for a beta but that could happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well one thing I'm almost certain is, if beta doesn't happen this week, I'm pretty sure it wont happen this month, just so they can give RoS the spotlight. It only makes sense honestly. And if it's something related to the HoTs alpha, it would be...Mmmh interesting that it' started before WoD's beta to say the least.

Again as a warning: I'm not claiming we are getting beta or pre orders Monday, just that something looks likes it happening for Blizzard in one off their games Monday.

Again as a warning: I'm not claiming we are getting beta or pre orders Monday, just that something looks likes it happening for Blizzard in one off their games Monday.
    Pre-orders seem likely to me.

Here's the hots technical alpha announcement btw

http://www.heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/news/12999313

- - - Updated - - -

It'd be interesting to see if Boub and friends still think a March beta is likely if we don't get beta this week.

Here's the hots technical alpha announcement btw

http://www.heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/news/12999313
    I hate being in the dark with WoD, this has to be the most leak proof expansion to date. I just want beta to start so it feels like things are progressing, even though I know they are hard at work at Blizzard HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkblade95 View Post
    Pre-orders seem likely to me.
    Simca saying it may or may not be WoW related combined with them saying hots technical alpha invites going out soon seems suspicious to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkblade95 View Post
    I hate being in the dark with WoD, this has to be the most leak proof expansion to date. I just want beta to start so it feels like things are progressing.
    I hear ya, I mean obviously they can do a bunch of work without beta, but flying through the dark to an unknown destination is odd. But, gotta look at other possibilities too of what it can be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Are you sure of what you are saying? Some people are taking your words 100% granted. I know you've datamined HotS and I thank you for that but, do you have some inside knowledge/info in what blizz are doing?
    I'm sure that it's "very likely". I'm not sure that I'm "certain" of anything. This is Blizzard, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    So they could be wrong about the whole 'new tech that is delaying the beta' thing.
    That's just a theory of mine. I think there's about a 50% chance it's true. I've actually chatted about it with quite a few people who are smarter than me and they're pretty split on whether or not Blizzard would or should move systems right now as well.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

As a note, before anyone says otherwise: I've always attempted to say "if Simca is right on the tech thing" I've never claimed it's a certainty.

My underlying stance has always been: we know nothing until beta releases. Nothing is more likely than anything else. MMO-C people may know more than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I'm sure that it's "very likely". I'm not sure that I'm "certain" of anything. This is Blizzard, after all.

That's just a theory of mine. I think there's about a 50% chance it's true. I've actually chatted about it with quite a few people who are smarter than me and they're pretty split on whether or not Blizzard would or should move systems right now as well.
    Do those people also see a March beta?

Quote Originally Posted by solgog View Post
    Do those people also see a March beta?
    In case Simca doesn't respond: Boub still thinks March beta is likely as last stated a few days ago. And I'm sure we are fast approaching the limit of what is allowed to be discussed.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-03-08 at 10:51 PM.

Does anyone else think they might try and milk one last week of character customisation/transfers in a week long sale on them before pre orders? The last time we got one was the week before connected realms was announced.

Quite a few players will be using the boost as a free transfer or to play that race they really wanted to at max level.
    Last edited by yeryerdude; 2014-03-08 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    I think it might be variable because you get beta access with pre purchase. They may be far enough along internally to have this be the plan.
    They should do a minimum of Digital Deluxe before you get guaranteed access to the beta. A regular key would bring way too many people in, the servers would either explode, or they'd have to send beta keys in waves, even though everyone paid the same amount. Digital Deluxe is probably 20 dollars/euro's higher priced, so that would cut down on the amount of beta keys they'd have to send out by a great amount.

Edit: IF they're going that route at all, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    They should do a minimum of Digital Deluxe before you get guaranteed access to the beta. A regular key would bring way too many people in, the servers would either explode, or they'd have to send beta keys in waves, even though everyone paid the same amount. Digital Deluxe is probably 20 dollars/euro's higher priced, so that would cut down on the amount of beta keys they'd have to send out by a great amount.

Edit: IF they're going that route at all, of course.
    DO you really think that many people just get the basic version? I assumed like 90% always got the digital deluxe one since its only a few bucks more and you get a mount and pet

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    DO you really think that many people just get the basic version? I assumed like 90% always got the digital deluxe one since its only a few bucks more and you get a mount and pet
    Most statistics indicate very few people care about non-power vanity that much. Whenever MMO-C was doing the numbers on various activity %'s in WoW, the amount of people who did glory of org raider (only requires flex achieves) was either as small or smaller than the amount who cleared heroic Garrosh.

Vanity items just aren't a large motivator.

(Speaking of, they should've done statistics of how many people have mounts like Ashes for instance)

Now beta access though? I could see people paying 20$ extra for that.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-03-08 at 11:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So we finally have a San Fran fotage even though its just an interview with Furor, something came out from it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    So we finally have a San Fran fotage even though its just an interview with Furor, something came out from it :P

Doesn't that show that the garrison picture that was just tweeted is from Tanaan jungle? Same color trees.

- - - Updated - - -

First official non-twitter reference to no flying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh the interview is not that good, they are not showing us what they are asking...

10+ Year Old Account

First official non-twitter reference to no flying?
    Not really, Bashiok confirmed it months ago on the forums.

The most anticipated thing that I took from it is the ''10 thousand Iron Horde waiting for you on the other side when you try to stop them''. Can't wait to see that.