Am I the only one who thinks Anticipation should be a passive?

I was lookin at the talents in that tree and I realized that Anticipation is just incredibly strong. So much so that in PvE you will almost exclusively use it, or your dps will suffer. Does anyone else they should give us Anticipation as a passive and add something else in that tree so we actually have a choice?

Deleted
    I'd like something similar. I'd like something fun like Shuriken Toss and Marked for Death etc to be a fun choice, I find shuriken toss extremely useful when out questing etc. It just never gets used because its such a dps loss over anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by explosion987 View Post
    I'd like something similar. I'd like something fun like Shuriken Toss and Marked for Death etc to be a fun choice, I find shuriken toss extremely useful when out questing etc. It just never gets used because its such a dps loss over anticipation.
    Anticipation is the choice. Nothing else you can choose in PvE other then Maybe marked for death on a fight like horridon. Even then its still debatable. Honestly, when it comes to the final rogue tier, they made it 1 required talent and 2 rarely used if ever talents. For a raider there is really just Anticipation. I love shuriken toss as well. I would love to be able to use it for those fights when I cant remain in melee at times.

Deleted
    I agree that anticipation is pretty much mandatory. But instead of giving that as a standard rogue passive, I think they should give shruriken toss as standard and replace it with another talent. Perferably one that has something to do with combo points same as the other 2.

You're not the only one.
    A recent thread 2 weeks ago on this forum is talking a lot about T90 talents.
    You should check it out, there are a lot about anticipation.

Deleted
    I'd rather they removed the cause of the problem to begin with, rather than adding a solution such as anticipation.
    The problem is rapid combo point generation that you can't get rid of fast enough.

I'd rather they did something like take finishers off the global cooldown, or just slow down combo point generation whilst keeping damaged higher to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdeh View Post
    I'd rather they removed the cause of the problem to begin with, rather than adding a solution such as anticipation.
    The problem is rapid combo point generation that you can't get rid of fast enough.

I'd rather they did something like take finishers off the global cooldown, or just slow down combo point generation whilst keeping damaged higher to compensate.
    The point isn't that we're generating combopoints too fast, but rather that we have abilities that potentially waste them by generating more at random. Also allowing to bank resources is an interesting gameplay choice because it creates a whole new level of play.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    If there was a way to spread the combo point generation out, we wouldn't have this problem. I've been suggesting a "combo point mastery" as 10 combo points since wotlk for a level 51 talent along with leaching poisons as used during the hydrox fight and I'm a little surprised we've managed to get both eventually. My next hope is for a "deadly poison vial" which is a targetable aoe similar to death and decay.

If there was a "buffer" to combo points similar to what we have now such as generating combo points a second or two later that could be equally interesting, but the main solution I agree is anticipation.

I'd rather they made something to rival it's potency. Anticipation does seem just too useful for assassination

Yes, it should be made passive.

And in it's place implement a talent that helps at AoE. Could see myself using it in a fight with adds especially as Sub. The new 100lvl talent Death from Above won't cut it because of a CD of 20 seconds. And the fact that there's a talent that allows auto-attack crits to generate combopoints.

Maybe make Anticipation Passive
    Drop Death from Above to tier 90, remove the CD and balance it around that
    Come up with a new talent in place of DfA at tier 100

Deleted
    Anticipation is the choice. Nothing else you can choose in PvE other then Maybe marked for death on a fight like horridon. Even then its still debatable. Honestly, when it comes to the final rogue tier, they made it 1 required talent and 2 rarely used if ever talents. For a raider there is really just Anticipation. I love shuriken toss as well. I would love to be able to use it for those fights when I cant remain in melee at times.
    I'd like to see talents that do something similar, like a talent that automatically fires off an eviscerate/envenom each time you reach 5 combo points. That could require thought if you actually don't want to envenom/eviscerate you hang around at 4 combo points. Then again, a talent like that could just mean you spam a combo point generator indefinately, so don't hate me for this quick suggestion its just a concept.

maybe it could fire off an instant small combo point finisher, just once. So if youve got 4 combo points, you generate another 2, one gets stored and you instantly perform a 1 combo point finisher and you need to use must spend your 5 combo points before this can happen again
    Last edited by mmoc0b5a110546; 2014-02-05 at 09:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have to rework the level 90 tier completely. I don't know anyone who uses Shurkin Toss. Ever. Marked for Death is the easy choice for PvP and Anticipation is the easy choice for PvE.
    Now imagine if Anticipation would be passive: You could dump out 3 finishers back to back in PvP. Sounds balanced. They have to give us at least some choice in T6 without making the synergy too amazing with Anticipation.

if anticipation became passive, they've have to overhaul the 90 talent tier as others have said. The ability to line up 15 cp would be too powerful (5cp + 5 anticipation + MfD).

I've personally felt it should be passive since it's inception. But I can also see the possible pvp balance issues that dancers mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dancers View Post
    if anticipation became passive, they've have to overhaul the 90 talent tier as others have said. The ability to line up 15 cp would be too powerful (5cp + 5 anticipation + MfD).
    O god never even thought of this until you stated this. o.o

Anticipation isn't as powerfull as some seem to believe. Assas is really the only spec where it really outshines MFD. Combat can make excellent use of MFD and will contribute more CP's used than anticipation will save when played correctly. MFD is by far the better choice for sub, steady reliable cp generation combined with windows of greatly increased damage are perfect for an ability that gives you an instant 5 CP. Also, MFD is better for any specc when the fight involves adds.

ST on the other hand..... I got nothin' in ST's defence lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    Anticipation isn't as powerfull as some seem to believe. Assas is really the only spec where it really outshines MFD. Combat can make excellent use of MFD and will contribute more CP's used than anticipation will save when played correctly. MFD is by far the better choice for sub, steady reliable cp generation combined with windows of greatly increased damage are perfect for an ability that gives you an instant 5 CP. Also, MFD is better for any specc when the fight involves adds.

ST on the other hand..... I got nothin' in ST's defence lol.
    At a high haste level in Sub, you are wrong. You will waste more HaT procs than MfD will give. And if you know how to manage your CP correctly (even easier with Redirect), MfD isn't the best most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbrondane View Post
    At a high haste level in Sub, you are wrong. You will waste more HaT procs than MfD will give. And if you know how to manage your CP correctly (even easier with Redirect), MfD isn't the best most of the time.
    Depends on playstyle, I actually play with haste prioritized so that I can switch to combat. The only time I have wasted CP's at all with sub is during SB. It's a matter of sitting back and allowing HaT to proc your 5th CP while waiting for energy to regen. As long as you don't allow your energy to cap, reducing your APM in order to distribute your cp's over time will result in a net CP gain per minute with MFD over Anticipation. Bottom line, you can't have anticipation baseline while keeping MFD in it's current iteration. MFD is far too powerfull on its own to allow us to use it AND anticipation.