Poll: Which class needs a buff on their "execute" the most?

Thread: Executes

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Executes

I say warlocks. Because i play one and it sucks to have drain soul tick for less than a petite french girl #pr0n-reference.

Keep in mind I am referring to the specs the majority of people play.
    For example:
    Affliction for Locks
    Arms for Warriors
    Marksman for Hunters
    DPS specs for hybrid classes (ele/spriest etc)

and so on.
    Last edited by Stormkhan; 2014-02-04 at 09:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While Desto locks on the other hand have a quite decent execute already...

When you said Warlock I thought you were trolling, I didn't even realize Drain Soul was an execute and thought you meant the ridiculously overpowered Shadowburn.

Anyway, I'd say the Warrior, Hunter, SPriest, DK and Monk Execute are all very good (though the Monk one really shouldn't activate CD if it's immuned) and I don't really think Mages or Rogues need an execute. I'd say the Paladin one could use some work, since it's really bad, and Boomkins getting an Execute would be pretty interesting too. Not sure which needs it more though. Ret is pretty terrible, but so is Balance...

10+ Year Old Account
    Monks, Shaman, Druids and Mages don't even have executes. Nor do 2/3 Rogue specs.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    DK execute needs the 5 sec delay removing.

Deleted
    I never get to even cast the execution as warrior, the rage cost needs to be lowered or removed from GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    Monks, Shaman, Druids and Mages don't even have executes. Nor do 2/3 Rogue specs.
    Touch of death could be argued as an execute(though not a great one for raiding), and Feral druids have Blood in the Water (Ferocious bite refreshes rip below 25% health, effectively making bite your execute)

10+ Year Old Account
    For PvP none should be buffed. They're all strong in their own way.

Mages shouldn't have any executes (this is coming from a mage) due to their strong relatively easy to set up burst. Same goes for rogues and druids.

Paladins can spam their executes during wings and DKs can use them even before you've hit 35% hp, which is actually insanely strong EVEN if it can be dispelled (cmon, it does like 50k noncrit).

If anything certains executes should be nerfed. Especially destro locks. They're like mages who have great instant burst and great capability of doing huge chunks of damage. They shouldn't be able to finish someone off as easily as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    For PvP none should be buffed. They're all strong in their own way.
    I'm of this opinion too. When against Ret, Warrior and Hunter, you know you'll be taking a lot of damage below 10/20% - but it's not a completely gauranteed death. Against Monks, sometimes it's good to waste an extra split second on your deterrence or iceblock so you can immune the Touch of Death and put it on CD.

The only execute I would maybe change is Destros. It's an almost 100% guaranteed kill and is ranged and instant. It definitely seems like an outlier in terms of strength. I like that some comps don't have executes at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    You can't coun't touch of death as an execute because it's extremely hard to get it off in pve.

By the time the target drops near your hp, the likability it dies within a gcd is very high.

Unless you have godlike timing on bosses, it's probably easier to use on adds nobody is fixating on.
    This is the PvP forum. Monk execute is probably the strongest in the game in that regards, as it's a sure kill. None of the other executes are a sure kill if the enemy is using all his damage reduction abilities + shields from priest/pally.

I dont quite understand the poll tbh. Lots of classes dont have an execute. I personally voted for Shaman, just because we dont have one. However Im not sure if I would actually want an execute on my Ele Shaman if it meant something else had to be nerfed...

Deleted
    For PvP? Executes should be nerfed.

Deleted
    monks don't have an execute? You sure you playing WoW?

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    touch of death?
    Last edited by DiscoGhost; 2014-02-05 at 02:37 AM.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Touch of Death is an execute for monks are I think it's the most OP one. As long as you're at the % health threshold, you're dead, who cares about absorbs, hots...if you get it off, you're dead.

It was stupid for me in one scenario. I was playing my warrior and intervened my partner that was sitting below the touch of death threshold and I ended up taking a touch of death hit for 350k, INSTANTLY killing me. So dumb, lol.
    Last edited by Vorality; 2014-02-05 at 01:51 AM.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think take out all executes.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some classes do not need executes, they do more damage out of it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    Touch of Death is an execute for monks are I think it's the most OP one. As long as you're at the % health threshold, you're dead, who cares about absorbs, hots...if you get it off, you're dead.

It was stupid for me in one scenario. I was playing my warrior and intervened my partner that was sitting below the touch of death threshold and I ended up taking a touch of death hit for 350k, INSTANTLY killing me. So dumb, lol.
    Except the threshold is 10%. Which means 50k. Which means the execute effectively hits for 50k. Compare to shadowburn that can hit for 150k ranged with a threshold of 20% and can be havoc'd to 2 targets by a good lock. Monks execute is among the worst imo.

Only execute thats an issue to me is shadowburn, kill shot (since it can be used twice and costs nothing, be 1 or the other not both), and soul reaper being too weak for frost dks. Everyone else seems fine with theirs or not having one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

10+ Year Old Account
    irl execute one day

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    When you said Warlock I thought you were trolling, I didn't even realize Drain Soul was an execute and thought you meant the ridiculously overpowered Shadowburn.

Anyway, I'd say the Warrior, Hunter, SPriest, DK and Monk Execute are all very good (though the Monk one really shouldn't activate CD if it's immuned) and I don't really think Mages or Rogues need an execute. I'd say the Paladin one could use some work, since it's really bad, and Boomkins getting an Execute would be pretty interesting too. Not sure which needs it more though. Ret is pretty terrible, but so is Balance...
    Assassination rogues have a strong execute phase. Elemental shamans (don't know about enhancement) have '0' execute but they do have strong on demand burst and high steady damage.
    Is this where the header goes?

I'd say Shaman, if I had to pick only one. As both of the Shaman dps sepc, don't even have an execute.