Thoughts on achievement score (achievement points +)

We all know that the wow progress site and others are good at tracking boss kills, item levels, achievements and such. With the end of content for this expansion likely, and a wait until the new one drops, many people are likely to soon get those last few achievements they are missing. As such, several players are likely to end up with every possible achievement in game currently, prideful conquest/combatant not being implemented yet. I propose a few suggestions as to a better way to rank players near the top of total possible achievement points, currently 21970.

Suggestion one: Just go in the order of completed achievement points (can be biased based on realm, the ability to get say 3vs3 at 2700, not having a guild good enough for every raid achievement etc.)

Suggestion two: Take the total achievement points and add 10 times their Feats of Strength for an achievement score.

Suggestion three: Total achievement score = Total Achievement points + (10 x Feats) - (10 x missing mounts) - (10 x missing pets).

Suggestion four: some better idea that someone else has come up with.

I apologize in advance if this has been debated or discussed before, I was unable to find a thread on it from some quick searching. I am curious to see what you all think, or come up with.

Players that have every achievement currently: Lulleh on Tarren Mill, Xhanon on Kazzak

Honorable mentions: Ataxus on Illidan (whom may or may not be trying to redo his missing proving grounds endless waves), Metapowah on A3yperoc (I cannot type in Cyrillic sorry) whom is only missing Paragons on Heroic but has Garrosh, dozens of others missing one or two PVP ones.

That's sort of a viable idea, maybe refine the formula more how it is calculated.

It just sounds complicated, though. Some people like nerd points and don't collect both pets or mounts in addition. Others just like mounts, see what I'm getting at?

You're generalizing people who collect something in this game and assuming they collect it all. I know people who only like pets.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

I am not being anti-anything.

I wouldn't be bothered if this achievement score was set up as you described.

However, i have to ask the point of "What purpose would this serve?"

Achievement points have always been a fun thing i used to do while i am just messing around in WoW.
    A new starter will never be able to catch up to a long time player. Therefore, this will benefit ONLY veterans.
    Even Veteran's have no chance of EVER getting to the top as there are people with 100+ Feats.

If it is a "bragging rights" thing.
    The current system already serves that purpose.

Even if the formula is adjusted to not Include Feats. Then there would be a race to get all the achievements first.
    Which is already tracked on Wowprogress.
    We would be right back where we started.

Edit:
    Just adding this: Dat FoS
    Last edited by Sanguinezor; 2014-02-05 at 08:10 AM.

yeh the problem with FoS are some people cheat and buy accounts, like the guy with realm first all classes at 90 and all 600 professions, that's not possible to do. you cannot level 11 classes while also getting realm first 600 fishing....so if anything he has like 20 linked accounts and multiple people playing the accounts to get them all, or he bought accounts.

Are you really proposing them to come up with a tool for epeen measuring?
    No offense, but there´s no benefit from beeing up in the ranks in such a list, besides knowing that you are up there and your epeen is larger than of the most.
    If you really Need to appear in such a list to feel good of yourself, you should rather see a psychiatrist.

FOS is a bad idea to bring into this as a lot of them are no longer obtainable and would give the ones that have those an unfair, not to overcome edge over others. And most FOS are not worth beeing called achievments. Nothing really hard about logging in at Christmas, or getting a brew Cup, or visiting the barber shop...

Okay, so the overall sentiment I am getting is it would serve no purpose. I was just curious if anyone else was interested in a different method of comparing scores. My only real disappointment is that no one had a better idea to trot out. I felt mine was a starting point for discussion, definitely not a full-fledged metric. Thanks to those who replied.

Quote Originally Posted by bushidoxsh View Post
    Okay, so the overall sentiment I am getting is it would serve no purpose. I was just curious if anyone else was interested in a different method of comparing scores. My only real disappointment is that no one had a better idea to trot out. I felt mine was a starting point for discussion, definitely not a full-fledged metric. Thanks to those who replied.
    As we all have learned.
    If a new raking system was implemented. People would exploit to the top and remove all fair play