Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question Top 5 things you want in a expansion

Hey guys I am working on a Youtube channel (do not worry, I am not selling out). For my video I want to get people's opinion what are 5 features you want in a expansion.(go as crazy or vague as you want)

For me its:

-New race
    ex: Furbogs,mantid,etherals

-New Class
    ex: Runemaster, demon hunter, necromancer

-Long time to max level
    ex: take longer then a week to get to the level cap

-Class quests
    ex:Shammy, paly , and dk class quests please

-New Lore and story arcs

10+ Year Old Account
    - New races: Harpy, Naga (felt flying and ubderwater racials would be unique)
    - New Hero Class: Time Warden
    - Unlockable Dances/Hairstyles: Example- get a male troll to max level, any race gets his hairstyle/dance
    - Saddle Item: allows an additional seat on any mount
    - Epic Class Quests: think green fire warlock quest, but everyone gets one
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

"Unlockable Dances/Hairstyles: Example- get a male troll to max level, any race gets his hairstyle/dance"

That might be the coolest feature ever!

10+ Year Old Account
    1-Old talent trees, in my opinion they where simply better with more options than we have today.

2-Darker theme, where you actually fight for conquest; to kill and enslave.
    Profit from war, not fight to protect/save.

3-Long leveling grind with a big ammount of zones 40+ would fit draenor, (8 zones is an island not a world/contient).

4-Increased leveling difficuluty, boost the damage of mobs in the 1- 85 range by 800% & their health by 400%.
    Bring back group & elite quests for leveling.

5-Return of the vanila style lengendarys, a sub 0.02% ultra rare drop *mythic only* not just a quest everyone will be expected to have/grind for.
    Last edited by Ettan; 2014-02-03 at 04:44 AM.

"2-Darker theme, where you actually fight for conquest; to kill and enslave.
    Profit from war, not fight to protect/save."

That is the thing I hate about most MMOs, they try to make the games so light so they can get a T rating and reach a wider audience, when what we want in a game is a darker tone. Think of god of war,dark souls,Silent hill; these games are famous and known for their dark tones and some their difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by datcoopguy View Post
    "2-Darker theme, where you actually fight for conquest; to kill and enslave.
    Profit from war, not fight to protect/save."

That is the thing I hate about most MMOs, they try to make the games so light so they can get a T rating and reach a wider audience, when what we want in a game is a darker tone. Think of god of war,dark souls,Silent hill; these games are famous and known for their dark tones and some their difficulty.

Don't assume you speak for everyone, okay?

Personally I'm tired of the apocalyptic doom and gloom shit; which is why MoP was such a breath of fresh air after WotLK and Cata. It didn't beat you over the head screaming "SERIOUS SHIT IS HAPPENING! SERIOUSLY!! THIS IS A SERIOUS GAME FOR SERIOUS GAMERS!! WE'RE SERIOUS!" MoP was a fun expansion and certainly more easy going than the past few expansions.

I'd rather have more expansions that are focused more on fun and less trying to appeal to children and man-children/woman-children who think playing dark games make them mature adults.

Sorry, I gotta be that guy;

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    1-Old talent trees, in my opinion they where simply better with more options than we have today.

2-Darker theme, where you actually fight for conquest; to kill and enslave.
    Profit from war, not fight to protect/save.

3-Long leveling grind with a big amount of zones 40+ would fit draenor, (8 zones is an island not a world/content).

4-Increased leveling difficulty, boost the damage mobs from 1- 85 does by 800% & their health by 400%.
    Bring back group & elite quests for leveling.

5-Return of the vanila style lengendarys, a sub 0.02% ultra rare drop *mythic only* not just a quest everyone will be expected to have/grind for.
    1. Old talent trees were practically cookie cutter builds, you had to take the recommended build or else you would be laughed out of the raid.

2. Those "Protect and Save" themes are what WoW is all about, abandoning those themes will alienate a great number of players. If you want to play a dark character, go roll empire on SWTOR.

3. Do you have any idea how long it would take to design, write lore, balance quests and mobs, and flesh out 40 zones?

4. Are you kidding me? If you increase the damage of a level 1 mob by 800%, that's like a level one trying to kill hogger. That will kill new subscriptions and alts.

5. You do realize that that "grind" and all the build up actually makes the feeling of finally getting the cloak quite worth it's legendary title. While I am disappointed in having to do so many boss-drop quests, and i REALLY hated the PvP quests, I'm still more then happy to work at my own legendary. When it comes to this sort of stuff, I don't trust RNGeesus.

okay, now onto my ideas;

Story; Legion.

major people I want to see return; Aleria & turlyon.

class; some hero class tbd. preferably one that starts at level 65 and gets to 70 once out of the quest zone.

class cont. This class will be ONLY heals or tank. People may groan about leveling as a tank, I had to do it though old wow as a paladin, but it taught me how to tank; which is what all these pissy DPS who blame the tank on everything need.

Balance changes; Phased abilities between PvP and PvE; A LOT of people that I've spoken to have quite the game over PvPers screwing up the DPS of PvEers because of the arena. If starts were only changed when dealing damage to players, that would fix a lot.

Rework, not repeal, LFR; This thing was introduced to help people who couldn't raid on a weekly scheduled get gear up. I remember in Wrath getting screwed out of raids because the RL wanted an Ilvl that was higher then what heroics could give. I feel as though LFR should at least have the mechanics of the ten man mode, but have the health scaled for 25 man. That way it's not faceroll, it's actual practice for raiding, and it allows people to gear up.

misc;
    class quests, class special effects, new dances, new sounds for weapons, Sylvanas' head on a pike, a continuation of the Gilneas Story, ect.

- - - Updated - - -

"phased abilities between PvP and PvE"
    I still don't understand why WoW hasn't done this

1) separate abilities for PvP and PvE --sick of our PvE abilities being nerfed into the ground because PvPers cant handle them as I am sure PvPers are sick or abilities that are not that good for them .

2) No new races or classes , we have enough.

3 ) see no 1

4) each raid tier containing 1 long raid ( 12-14 bosses ) and two 1 boss "mini raids " with lots of world bosses and rare elites sprinkled around the zones

5) see no 1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerethepaladin View Post
    Sorry, I gotta be that guy;

1. Old talent trees were practically cookie cutter builds, you had to take the recommended build or else you would be laughed out of the raid.

2. Those "Protect and Save" themes are what WoW is all about, abandoning those themes will alienate a great number of players. If you want to play a dark character, go roll empire on SWTOR.

3. Do you have any idea how long it would take to design, write lore, balance quests and mobs, and flesh out 40 zones?

4. Are you kidding me? If you increase the damage of a level 1 mob by 800%, that's like a level one trying to kill hogger. That will kill new subscriptions and alts.

5. You do realize that that "grind" and all the build up actually makes the feeling of finally getting the cloak quite worth it's legendary title. While I am disappointed in having to do so many boss-drop quests, and i REALLY hated the PvP quests, I'm still more then happy to work at my own legendary. When it comes to this sort of stuff, I don't trust RNGeesus.
    1. And the new talents are not cookie cutter builds? Theres situational diffrence but that is not something new.
    For every fight/ ilevel theres a best set of talents.
    With the old system you had to make real sacrifices to get to certain abilities.
    Ranked talents also allowed for improvement/refining of abilities, something that the current system does poorly.

2. I think it would attract far greater numbers than it would lose. Also note Warcraft. Do you think war should be protrayed lightly or grim?

3. How long? Not a slightest idea. But I know it would be worth it.

4. It would not be hogger, leveling up atm mobs hit you for something like 0.05% of your base hp.
    While you can kill them in a jiffy (one shot if heirloomed) 0.5 -2sec if not.
    Pull endless ammounts (regardless of gear) and it still result in yawns.

5. I dont understand how you can get acomplishment out of that questline, everyone gets it. Its like pee wee sports, it does not matter what you do; in the end everyone gets the same prize.
    I would rather have getting a legendary feel like winning the lottery. Something you hoped for, not something that was neccecary.

1. No more catering to casuals
    2. Old talent trees but better designed
    3. Actual hard dungeons and raids
    4. Pieces of gear buyable for badges/valor points with the same ilvl as the current tier
    5. Removal of LFR

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Player Housing
    2. Harder Heroics, I think Cata had the mix right.
    3. More story driven dailies like patch 5.1 had
    4. More lore dealing with races other than orc, human, and expac "flavor" race
    5. Class quests. One idea came to me of a long series of class quests that reward a class specific title.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Wixwix View Post
    4. Dwarven beards that stick out of helmets (similar to Dwarf Ironbreakers from Warhammer)
    5. Removal of LFR
    Dwarves gotta have da beards hangin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Wixwix View Post
    4. Pieces of gear buyable for badges/valor points with the same ilvl as the current tier
    5. Removal of LFR
    1) Wait? WoW was hardcore? Stop the presses!

2) You can't better design a piece of turd, which is what the old talents were: no-brainer passives that buried a occasional spell/ability that you read up on a website.

3) Ok dungeons I get, but hard raids actually do exist.

4) This existed up until SoO.

5) Hell no. Not everyone is unemployed or is single.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    1. Player Housing
    2. Harder Heroics, I think Cata had the mix right.
    3. More story driven dailies like patch 5.1 had
    4. More lore dealing with races other than orc, human, and expac "flavor" race
    5. Class quests. One idea came to me of a long series of class quests that reward a class specific title.
    1) The devs have said player housing doesn't fit into the Warcraft theme. You're supposed to be out killing monsters and alliance/horde, not be some interior decorator from the Bravo TV channel.

2) People often say they want more hard content, but when Blizzard actually delivers the same people complain about it or just skip it.

3) No, dailies suck. I just prefer traditional yellow ! quests.

4) Fair enough.

5) Blizzard said they are time and resource intensive so don't hold your breath anytime soon.

1. New class or race.
    2. New lore generator every other expansion(like a new planet or continent,shouldn't burn threw all the established lore right away then try and create new lore when everything has been done)
    3. New feature or expanding/evolving an existing one. An example of expanding an existing feature would be something like fusing battle pets or evolving them.
    4. Class and profession epics. Obtained by long quest chains and solo scenarios.
    5. Class and profession mounts. Or companions for solo content/lvling.
    Last edited by frogger237; 2014-02-03 at 06:45 AM.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    Don't assume you speak for everyone, okay?

Personally I'm tired of the apocalyptic doom and gloom shit; which is why MoP was such a breath of fresh air after WotLK and Cata. It didn't beat you over the head screaming "SERIOUS SHIT IS HAPPENING! SERIOUSLY!! THIS IS A SERIOUS GAME FOR SERIOUS GAMERS!! WE'RE SERIOUS!" MoP was a fun expansion and certainly more easy going than the past few expansions.

I'd rather have more expansions that are focused more on fun and less trying to appeal to children and man-children/woman-children who think playing dark games make them mature adults.
    MoP was a well needed break from the cataclysmic (pun intended) events we've had in the past. Yeah, we did end up getting more Old God material, but at least Garrosh only wanted to subjugate races, and not kill everyone in his path. WoD is very intriguing because we have no bloody idea where the story will take us.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

1. New race, lore of each WoW race has always fascinated me
    2. New class (I've got serious attention problems with buckling down on just a few classes/specs. I gotta have more.
    3. Gearless BGs. No rewards, no requirements to get in except max level. Everyone has equal gear generated automatically for them that vanishes outside the BG instance. As I said in (2), I want to be able to play any and every class at max level, but I don't have the time to get them all geared to be competitive with other players. And then I have to repeat with each new season. Gearless BG fixes that, also would have no bots since there are no rewards.

That's about it

10+ Year Old Account
    General wish list going forward, of varying likelihood (in no particular order):
    -Playable vrykul or val'kyr
    -Playable ethereals
    -Continuing to offer multiple dungeon and raid difficulties, to deliver content for varying skill levels
    -Tons of more 5-mans
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Playable Saurok
    Playable sub-races
    Increased faction choices
    Game mechanics overhaul from the ground up, including significant changes to classes, professions, leveling, stats, talents / glyphs, death, guilds, removal of the cash shop for everything but pets, return of 40 man raids, actual heroics that are part of end-game content, far more significant open world pvp, etc etc.
    Server consolidation after chasing away most of the current playerbase from above changes.

1. More
    2. Hard
    3. Content
    4. Besides
    5. Raiding

And I want them to bring back the advantages of being more hardcore. The weekly and daily caps on everything is flat out annoying. Somebody who plays 8 hours a day cannot further progress their character than somebody who plays 2.

More and better crafting. Much wider gearing paths both pre-raiding and in later patches.