Deleted

Question about the transmute gear in BL Trading

So me and my friend started playing guild wars 2 and are having a blast so far.
    Anyway we were browsing the black lion trading today and we both saw 2 sets that amazed us and wanted to buy with gems when we got to 80 to transmute (phallanx for me and the new light fire set for him).
    What we were wondering from their descriptions though is this:
    Are these costumes a one time use?
    Meaning can you only use them to change the appearance of an item once and then they dissapear forever and you have to rebuy them if you want to transmute something again?
    Cause that seems a bit expensive (about 7-8euros) for something that can only be used once....
    Just asking cause we were both wondering

10+ Year Old Account
    You can re-use the skins by using transmutation crystals to transfer the skin on to another piece of armor (you can do this forever, and even give the skins to an alt), but the skins can only be on one set of armor at a time.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    aaaaaah thank you very much that makes things a lot clearer
    How can I get transmutation crystals? Do I have to pay for them or do I get them in game through some way?
    I got 3 from exploring the whole human capital :P

you get some by map completion, some by doing the daily, and some by doing your personal story

there are two kinds of transmute crystals, ones that you can use for level 80 gear, and ones that you can use for gear under level 80.

10+ Year Old Account
    You probably got transmutation stones - those can be used with any armors < 80. You get bunches of them from map completes and daily quests, you'll never be short on those.

The transmutation crystals on the other hand must be used if any of the armor is lvl 80. Those drop much more rarely, generally will need to purchase from the gemstore with either cash or ingame gold.

The skins you buy don't need stones or crystals for their first application.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    I figured as much but for lvl 80 gear mainly is there a stable way of getting them constantly? Cause you might want to transmute a lot what happens if you finish completion and personal story? :P

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    I figured as much but for lvl 80 gear mainly is there a stable way of getting them constantly? Cause you might want to transmute a lot what happens if you finish completion and personal story? :P
    no, they are a pretty rare drop for the level 80 ones

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, I want to say I've only recieved a couple 3 or 5 of the crystals since I hit 80. Got one today from a Black Lion chest

I just watch for sales, they don't happen often so I just grab some extras then.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    no, they are a pretty rare drop for the level 80 ones
    aaaah i see.... can u buy them off the AH?

I received a bunch when the game first started but the past year or so I don't think I've seen one drop

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    aaaah i see.... can u buy them off the AH?
    no, they are account bound

10+ Year Old Account
    Gem store mostly. You can trade gold to gems, so you can buy them with gold.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Transmutation_Crystal
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Ah I see tyvm! ^^
    You have both been very helpful