dot haste proc scaling

when i get a 30% haste buff from meta or hero should i recast both my dots or do the dots i have up automatically scale with the procs? Thanks

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You would have to re-DOT for the DOTs to benefit from any Procs (Meta Gem, Trinkets, Eclipse, Etc). Although depending on circumstances it's not always best to re-DOT because of Procs as a Boomkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunnar View Post
    You would have to re-DOT for the DOTs to benefit from any Procs (Meta Gem, Trinkets, Eclipse, Etc). Although depending on circumstances it's not always best to re-DOT because of Procs as a Boomkin.
    thanks, under what circumstances should i re-dot then?

Just don't clip DoT's.. too many people do more harm than good because most of the time it's not worth it... only exception is for CA.

For the most part, just ignore it and continue as usual. Come 6.0, DoTs will scale dynamically with haste anyway, making it moot.

If you don't know what you're doing then don't clip DoTs early. If you want to put in extra work to squeeze out a minuscule amount of extra damage then play around with Afffots Boomkin. It's honestly a fairly poorly designed addon in that most people think it tells them when to reapply DoTs which is false, what the addon is good for though is an excellent learning tool for learning about Boomkin DoT strength as we have so many different factors effecting DoT strength.