Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    LFR/Flex/Normal

30/20/10% nerfs. There.
    What? Nerf LFR? Dude, go buy a brain if you can't even do LFR...
    As it was said in here already, SoO doesn't require a nerf, because you will overgear it soon enough. It's kinda ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    people get better only to certain point - after that point they cba and quit game.

when blizzard sees q1 sub losses they will preset much more targeted/blanket nerfs in q2 -_-
    Learn to play the game... If you don't know how to play it to get the kills on heroic, don't ask for nerfs, get better. Life is hard son, when you need to work hard on something in life to get it, do you ask your m****r f***ing god to dumb it down for you?
    (Regarding DS LFR -> 5.0 LFR)
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism.

I think its funny how people say "Well valor upgrade is a nerf"

its not... If Blizzard did the content thinking that Valor was a nerf ... well that 5k valor that guilds had during progress on garrosh should have made him a fucking punching bag...

That was not the case...

Blizzard took in consideration the Valor Upgrade not as a nerf... but a thing that Progress guilds Have...

Valor is not a nerf... stop dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehgypsy View Post
    oh yeah.. my team is stuck on 12/14HC, we have been for 6 weeks.. we'll just give up and go LFR or flex!.. thanks for your awesome well thought-out suggestion!!.

"If" we dont make progress this week, we draw a line in the sand and thats it.. we wait till next xpac.. we've had too many illnesses/absences/leavers/hoppers/<insert any other excuse> this xpac to get anywhere near finishing. We dont expect nerfs, we just say, we werent good enough this time.
    If you got 12, you can get the last two. It's just going to take consistency. Absences will set you back for sure, but the big jump is 11 to 12, not 12 to 13 and 14.

Blizzard have to give in to the special snowflake cunts at least once or twice in every expansion i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    14931 (50%) guilds have killed Garrosh normal

52913 (82.61%) killed Madness in DS on normal

It's a tuning issue and Blizz needs to nerf Siege so more people can see content. LFR and Flex is just not the same as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    14931 (50%) guilds have killed Garrosh normal

52913 (82.61%) killed Madness in DS on normal

It's a tuning issue and Blizz needs to nerf Siege so more people can see content. LFR and Flex is just not the same as normal.
    Flex is exactly the same as 20%-30% nerfed normal would be. There is not a single noticable difference I'm 100% sure.

Deleted
    They made a mistake in Cata, rolling progressive nerfs as early as 2-3 months into the tier. By April the instance was already nerfed by 20%, and DS lasted to September. People finished content too quickly and unsubbed.

Despite Blizzard's best efforts, WOD will not come any sooner than summer. I bet for early autumn release. They want the content to last. If this was DS, we could already have 15-20% SOO nerf at this point and sure, more people would finish the content. But also more people would get bored of it. It was DS that produced the "5 raidable alts" mindset, that you were so upset about when MOP launched. MOP at launch was very alt hostile, making it almost unplayable for any more than 2 endgame characters.

Instead they go with targeted nerfs now, evening out the difficulty spikes and imbalances between 10 and 25 man. One thing that I kinda don't like is still broken loot system in 10-man raids. The RNG is so punishing, there's nothing worse than disenchanting both drops from progression kill. Or getting warforged cloaks. I've hit item level 574 @ 11/14 heroic and that's almost it for this expansion. There's barely any room to improve and useful warforged loot happens less than rare mounts in 10-mans.

This problem is going to be solved in next expansion by removing 10 man raiding (at hc level at least).

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerfs are bad for a guild's morale. When there's a nerf and you still can't down it as a group it just hurts the group.

Deleted
    because now there is flex

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Flex is exactly the same as 20%-30% nerfed normal would be. There is not a single noticable difference I'm 100% sure.

FLEX isn't the same.
    There's no continuity and you usually need multiple groups to finish it. Hardly the same.

It hasn't.... yet.

Flex and LFR reduce the need for such a blanket nerf, but patch 6.0 will indirectly nerf SoO by changing all hit/expertise/dodge/parry into the new stats, resulting in a pretty significant increase of power for everyone.

There's a single difference between 10m flex and 10m normal: one drops a mount the other doesn't.

If you want the mount, farm some gold and buy a carry.

Btw, this is why they are changing the names of the difficulties. So people finally get they are exactly the same just different difficulties.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elios View Post
    I think its funny how people say "Well valor upgrade is a nerf"

its not... If Blizzard did the content thinking that Valor was a nerf ... well that 5k valor that guilds had during progress on garrosh should have made him a fucking punching bag...

That was not the case...

Blizzard took in consideration the Valor Upgrade not as a nerf... but a thing that Progress guilds Have...

Valor is not a nerf... stop dreaming.
    Valor was intended as a nerf for Throne of Thunder. When blizzard decided not to bring out new VP items and left upgrades as is, every item you had unless you fed specific characters gear was fully upgraded. Also, Garrosh could definitely be done without valor upgrades, but it's definitely easier.

This is the reason there should be alternating patches for VP gear and upgrades. That way, at least the 8 extra ilevels feels like a big enough nerf + the targetted nerfs that blizz generally do.
    Pastspirit <Ascension> 12/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel

FLEX isn't the same.
    There's no continuity and you usually need multiple groups to finish it. Hardly the same.
    You're viewing it from a pugging perspective, not its intended audience of casual guilds.

you guys are forgetting 1 thing in 6.0 hc will be 20 man so they will need to nerf it coz they cant have it going live for 20 ppl using 10/25 man tuning
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2014-02-05 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehgypsy View Post
    oh yeah.. my team is stuck on 12/14HC, we have been for 6 weeks.. we'll just give up and go LFR or flex!.. thanks for your awesome well thought-out suggestion!!.

"If" we dont make progress this week, we draw a line in the sand and thats it.. we wait till next xpac.. we've had too many illnesses/absences/leavers/hoppers/<insert any other excuse> this xpac to get anywhere near finishing. We dont expect nerfs, we just say, we werent good enough this time.
    Well considering they just nerfed it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    63 US guilds are 14/14 HC 25 Man

132 EU guilds are 14/14 HC 25 Man.

Next?
    Lol i was going to post the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    There's a single difference between 10m flex and 10m normal: one drops a mount the other doesn't.

If you want the mount, farm some gold and buy a carry.

Btw, this is why they are changing the names of the difficulties. So people finally get they are exactly the same just different difficulties.

There's also the ilevel difference and warforged gear.

There's also the ilevel difference and warforged gear.
    Better players get better gear? News to me.

And its all completely useless in a few months. Except the heirloom weapons which are obtainable on flex. Guilds raiding solely for gear are doomed anyways. (Eg, wanting to do a difficulty they aren't good enough for just get slightly better gear)
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-02-05 at 07:15 PM.