Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

The Elder Scrolls Online: Imperial Edition is selling 5X better than standard

Like really? REALLY? Even standard edition is overpriced in my opinion considering it's mmo with monthly sub. This makes me wanna puke. Why do people support this shit? This is the exact reason why there are overpriced, sparklingly shining special bullshit editions of bad games coming out every month.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/02/03/th...line-retailer/
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why does is surprise you that editions of games that come with more, so cost more, sell well? ES is a very popular franchise, ofcourse it sells well.

I'm more confused as to why it seems to irritate you so badly? It's just a game, people buy these games, and the companies are there to make money.
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's "overpriced bullshit"

Not surprised. The entire franchise has a huge fan base and has had a lot of success in the games it has made. This will be their first mmo. I wouldn't get upset or angry until they actually release the game and people get to experience it / review it. Just hope it doesn't end up like the star wars mmo. A huge disappointment for some of its fan base.

It's most likely because I, once fool pre-ordered swtor collector's edition :/ this shit is bad. The game might be great and you might enjoy those cool bonuses. But i can already see how badly it will turn and this marketing whoring is making me sick

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Not surprised. The entire franchise has a huge fan base and has had a lot of success in the games it has made. This will be their first mmo. I wouldn't get upset or angry until they actually release the game and people get to experience it / review it. Just hope it doesn't end up like the star wars mmo. A huge disappointment for some of its fan base.
    Yes. It is the parallel with SWTOR what makes me shiver. And other games generally where you pre-order something which turns out to be god awful but you pay in advance for some bonuses. (Colonial marines...)
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

You have to consider the only people pre-ordering this far out are going to be hardcore Elder Scrolls fans - the same audience likely to upgrade to a Collector's Edition. When it gets closer to release or the week after I suspect the standard will outsell the Imperial Edition by a large margin.

Deleted
    Its a collector's edition featuring a statue,an artbook,a huge map of Tamriel and a bunch of in-game bonuses including a cut--an additional race that can play in any alliance.What are you expecting?

ES is a massive franchise,the standard edition would also be selling this good if it wasn't for the awesome CE.

I don't really care if a game cost $40 or $100, as long as it's made properly. I'd rather buy a $100 game from Rockstar than a $70 game with EA stamped on it for instance, cause I feel safer spending a large amount of cash on Rockstar, than a medium amount on EA.

Were I not in a tough spot I'd also pre-order the imperial version, I'm a faithful customer as long as I feel treated decently, and I do not mind to speak with my wallet as such, for instance by buying a game with a few extra 'fun' things in it. If a company scorn me however, I also vote with my wallet, and most likely wont pick up their games unless it's in the cheap bucket in my local game store, and it has received somewhat positive remarks by the public.

In terms of $/entertainment value, TES have always been very worthwhile to me, I believe and trust in TESO being the same, as such I do not mind spending a bit extra.

Got to be honest if I had that cash atm I'd be buying it too
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Source)
    Paladin chat and whispers now appear with sparkles.
    We have officially changed the name of the "rogue" class to “rouge.”
    All dungeon & raid bosses now have legs. If they already had legs, they got more legs.

Was there really a need for a whole topic about your butthurt? There's a TESO thread you know.
    Anyway, what's "shit" to you - is a diamond to someone else. And vice versa.

It will be funny to see how badly this skews racial representation in game at launch. Everybody who bought the collector's edition is going to feel compelled to play the CE race that they paid extra for.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, they have to maximize the revenue from boxes and the first months of subs before the whole thing crashes and goes F2P
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

considering they locked a race behind it at this point, i can see why people want it if they are completionists. that's why I bought it, plus the nice art book.

I don't see ESO being any different than SWTOR. Same hype, same fanboyism, same business model, ect.

They'll probably sell a couple million boxes, see a massive decline in subs, then go F2P in a year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    overpriced, sparklingly shining special bullshit editions of bad games
    But wow did it before so it's totally okay.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2014-02-05 at 02:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with it at all. They need a way to drive sales and a CE with an exclusive race is a great way to do it! I wish WoW would take a leaf out of this book and give us some cool buyable races.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Nothing wrong with it at all. They need a way to drive sales and a CE with an exclusive race is a great way to do it! I wish WoW would take a leaf out of this book and give us some cool buyable races.
    Could you imagine the forum wars if they put races in the cash shop?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    But wow did it before so it's totally okay.
    WoW has pets and mounts... this gives you whole race to play. i think its too much

- - - Updated - - -

come on that would be awful :/

Well, when you lock an entire race behind a money grab, this is what happens.

Arakkoa and Ogres buyable in the cash shop in 6.3. It's gonna happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was quite cheap.