Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    what he said

I really don't see the point in denying the skill gap between horde and alliance players
    majority of top pve guilds are horde, even if they just did it for better racials and would prefer to stay alliance it doesn't matter, that has 2 effect:
    a) removes most of the top skilled guilds from the alliance player base
    b) removes people who want to raid at that level from the alliance player base

it's similar in pvp, top players are horde, hence more people that care about playing on that level switch to horde leaving only the average and bad players on the alliance, again, this is not to say that the horde doesn't have those either, but it has a higher % of the "hardcore" the people more likely to care about class knowledge etc

Deleted
    Nothing here is new. It has always been like this, horde dominates bgs. It's not because of racials or lopsided landscapes in bgs, horde just attracts better pvp's in general. Nothing blizzard can do about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Nothing here is new. It has always been like this, horde dominates bgs. It's not because of racials or lopsided landscapes in bgs, horde just attracts better pvp's in general. Nothing blizzard can do about it.
    nah, Horde had the better racials, therefore the better players gravitate to the horde.

Simply put it IS because or racials. Thats why Horde is getting thiers NERFED and alliance is getting MASSIVE buffs. Face it the only good racials for alliance side is Human and NE. Thats why most alliance is Human/NE. Sad but true, Hopefully now that Alliance racials look more attractive, the better players will switch to alliance side. Im sick and tired of all the mouth-breathers failing on the alliance side.

Before people say "prove that racials are the problem" well alliance has said this for a long time that we needed better racials for the other races (dwarf,gnome dreanei). And All of my friends who play, pick horde side because "they have better racials". I asked them to switch ally side and they told me that alliance side has horrible racials and the only way they would play ally is if they got DPS racial buffs.

Finally blizzard is fixing them so i can finally play as a dwarf!!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Howling Wind View Post
    Before people say "prove that racials are the problem" well alliance has said this for a long time that we needed better racials for the other races (dwarf,gnome dreanei). And All of my friends who play, pick horde side because "they have better racials". I asked them to switch ally side and they told me that alliance side has horrible racials and the only way they would play ally is if they got DPS racial buffs.
    So your "proof" is what other players tell you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    So your "proof" is what other players tell you?
    its not what they tell me. Its a fact. Or else why did blizzard change them if there was "no proof"?!?!?!?
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    what he said

I really don't see the point in denying the skill gap between horde and alliance players
    majority of top pve guilds are horde, even if they just did it for better racials and would prefer to stay alliance it doesn't matter, that has 2 effect:
    a) removes most of the top skilled guilds from the alliance player base
    b) removes people who want to raid at that level from the alliance player base

it's similar in pvp, top players are horde, hence more people that care about playing on that level switch to horde leaving only the average and bad players on the alliance, again, this is not to say that the horde doesn't have those either, but it has a higher % of the "hardcore" the people more likely to care about class knowledge etc

Ok let me see if I get this right, the Horde from day one simply got all the best players that play WoW, as such not only have most of the top raid guilds but flat out own PVP areas like Winters grasp and Tol Barad near 24/7 since their existence on most all servers and dominate in ALL BGs except AV and IoC because where organization and coordination trumps brute force to win only bad Horde players play those?

That just being a better player in like gear translates to 20+% higher damage outputs and 10+ to 1 KB ratios in BG's?

Where I bet for every single Alliance with the bloodthirsty title there are a 100 Horde with that same title and 3-0 cap wins in WSG and TP are at least a 100 to 1 in favor of the Horde?

Sorry I just don't buy it, the lopsidedness is just too skewed to place it on a higher percentage of Horde players in a completely random environment just simply being that much better and it happening a overwhelming percentage of the time.

However a virtually unnoticeable 10% cross the board buff on the other hand would turn the ordinary in to extraordinary, and yield the above results. Which would in turn attract more players, create a dependency on overpowering their opposition thus struggle in BGs where organization and coordination is key, and be a far more logical and likely explanation.
    Last edited by Cobaltius; 2014-03-04 at 12:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    Ok let me see if I get this right, the Horde from day one simply got all the best players that play WoW, as such not only have most of the top raid guilds but flat out own PVP areas like Winters grasp and Tol Barad near 24/7 since their existence on most all servers and dominate in ALL BGs except AV and IoC because where organization and coordination trumps brute force to win only bad Horde players play those?

That just being a better player in like gear translates to 20+% higher damage outputs and 10+ to 1 KB ratios in BG's?

Where I bet for every single Alliance with the bloodthirsty title there are a 100 Horde with that same title and 3-0 cap wins in WSG and TP are at least a 100 to 1 in favor of the Horde?

Sorry I just don't buy it, the lopsidedness is just too skewed to place it on a higher percentage of Horde players in a completely random environment just simply being that much better and it happening a overwhelming percentage of the time.

However a virtually unnoticeable 10% cross the board buff on the other hand would turn the ordinary in to extraordinary, and yield the above results. Which would in turn attract more players, create a dependency on overpowering their opposition thus struggle in BGs where organization and coordination is key, and be a far more logical and likely explanation.
    Looks like you are in Denial. I guess there really isnt much i can say except that when WoD comes out and all the good players reroll alliance and starting winning most of the BG's, we can always say that Racials had absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Howling Wind View Post
    Looks like you are in Denial. I guess there really isnt much i can say except that when WoD comes out and all the good players reroll alliance and starting winning most of the BG's, we can always say that Racials had absolutely NOTHING to do with it.
    Why is it most players who have played this game for any length of time seem to readily accept there is class bias by the dev's but can't accept the notion of faction bias by these same devs?

It won't happen because it has nothing to do with racials just like it has nothing to do with the Horde side magically having all the best players in WoW whose skill levels are so miraculous, so far above the majority Alliance players it allows them to perform as if they were 5-10 levels higher than their Alliance opponents.

The only thing likely to change in WoD with regular BG's is side flipping like is being done in RBGs now which serves to mask the heavily skewed win/loss stats.
    Last edited by Cobaltius; 2014-03-05 at 01:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ive always said since Vanilla Horde have had a massive advantage with the BS being closer in AB.
    Last edited by Tart; 2014-03-05 at 12:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Ive always said since Vanilla Horde have had a massive advantage with the BS being closer in AB.
    if thats true, why does nearly every AB start with a fight for the BS flag as both sides arrive the same time?

Further evidence;

This is what the first 100 Rated BGs of season 15 look like for me:

Most all the BGs were with geared 522+ players, on skype or vent with like ratings so we can eliminate better gear and communication. Most wins were very close most losses were blow outs, heck on several occasions could not even kill a single one of them even with target calling. In an environment where gear, strategy, communications and skill separation should be marginal it is still frustratingly lopsided.

We should not be seeing GY camping in rated at mid GY in TP with their flag carrier there spamming kek kek kek for the last 6 minutes of a round but I have. Should not be seeing rounds where one side is doing 20%+ more total damage and 10-1 KB ratios in rated but I have been in many. Where healing is such that one side can’t get a single HK in a 20 minute round, but I have.

Looking at the RBG ratings found here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/rbg#page=1

Out of the top 150 players only 5, yes "5" players are Alliance!

I would think even the naive would see there is something wrong with a 145-5 ratio of better players between the two factions.

Mere alleged skill separation between the two factions simply cannot be so great as to account for the degree lopsidedness in ranking as well as in the BG's themselves that I and others many others have witnessed, it has to be more than that of this I am certain.

Lets looks at this a different way;

In LFR when a raid wipes at a boss they get a buff called Determination which gives a 5% increase to damage and healing. After two wipes and getting two stacks (10% increase) that struggling raid team from all appearances goes from a clueless failing group to looking like a raid guild.

Now let’s say we have two factions in an MMO game and covertly gave one side two stacks of permanent Determination buff what would the games landscape look like?

The side with the hidden buff would naturally appear to have a majority of much more skilled players.

They would have the majority of top raid guilds.

They would virtually own PVP areas like Wintersgrasp and Tol Bard.

They would have the overwhelming majority of the top rated battle ground players.

They would dominate all battle grounds where they faced their opponents head on to win, regular and rated.

GY camping would be the norm for them, their damage out puts and KB ratios would be much higher, their healing would be such that it would not be uncommon for a single player on their team to even die once etc...

In other words the landscape of such a game would mirror World of Warcraft at least on US servers to a freaking “T”!
    Last edited by Cobaltius; 2014-04-07 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    Looking at the RBG ratings found here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/rbg#page=1

Out of the top 150 players only 5, yes "5" players are Alliance!
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/rbg#page=1

About the exact opposite ratio on EU servers. Good players want to play with other good players, and they all end up picking one side and migrating to that.

Good players choose alliance because of the overpowered racial. Alliance eu will destroy horde us in any kind of competitive match up

Deleted
    The amount of tinfoil is too much. Hidden 10% buff....

The only conspiracy I've ever considered is that (In BGs) Horde rez times after they die are less than Alliance rez times. I get 18-30 second Rez times consistently on my Rogue, but when I played a Horde DK it was single digits way more than I was used to.

I didn't even consider it a possibility until much later when I seemed to always be capable of zombie AoEing a node in AB with one other person against five people.

Anyway, I highly doubt there are any hidden conspiracy's Blizzard uses on us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Good players choose alliance because of the overpowered racial. Alliance eu will destroy horde us in any kind of competitive match up
    MIR is EU right?

Because I'm pretty sure the Blizzcon 2013 championship involved Talbadar et al. (Skillcapped - Best team US) annihilating MIR - and every other invited team in the world - seemingly without breaking a sweat (or losing a round).

Not to start a whole NA vs EU thing, because there are mindblowingly good players all over the world - but "best vs. best" is a pretty common measure of who is best overall (even though its a fallacious metric) - and I don't even need to brag on Talbadar's behalf - because he's already beaten everyone of note repeatedly

(also, I still claim him as a Spriest - he's only Ele Shaman for FOTM, IMO!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    In the roughly 7 years I've played WoW I've been Alliance and Horde. And quite frankly I can't seem to get rid of these people who want to throw in the fact that <Insert opposing faction> is so much better. I get the same thing with Russians now, even though they're usually not that great.

I've never noticed a huge difference when I play on the other faction and I keep winning 2/3 of my BGs.

See. From personal experience I can now conclude that there is no difference. But actually I can't come up with any conclusion since somebody else may have a whole different experience than me.

So why are we still trying to come up with these false conclusions when BG win ratio is different for every individual?

Still clinging on to the one tournament where they played broken comp.

15+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, we have the ability to measure exact damage and healing output, mana regen, health, crit rates and every other "power" metric in the game.

This would be so incredibly simple to test that I'm amazed you made a post about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Still clinging on to the one tournament where they played broken comp.
    Still clinging on to the most recent tournament....

Also, has Talbadar lost any tournament in the last like - five years?

I'm not sure I'd agree that LSD is broken, any more than the WMD's and Shatreeplay's and KFC's and Thugcleaves they played against? PvP has been pretty horribly unbalanced all expansion - but I wouldn't list LSD as an exceptionally broken comp at that time. Top tier? yes. Broken? no.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter