Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    It's just the same as Challenge mode mounts.

It's also why you can earn the same mount in multiple seasons, and I believe, more than once in one season, it is BoA to give to alts once your main has it.

Makes sense to me, unless they make them account wide and make challenge mode mounts account wide.

I love the PvP horse and saber too, but I don't PvP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Because getting a reward on PvP doesn't mean you're able to get it on every class as you might not master them all
    I still find this stupid in the vicious mounts case as getting them is nothing but a stupid grind.
    Exactly. You also can't go back and earn these mounts 3 expansions later. The mount is awarded to the character who completed the achievement during the current PVP season.

Another one is the Argent Charger mount. It'll only be available on the character you buy it on, despite having several Paladins that could also use it. Main difference for that one is that it IS gated behind a week's worth of dailies rather than 100 crashed rating wins.

If PvP and challenge mode mounts were account-wide, I would bother to do them. As is, I haven't.

I agree its ridiculous.

Blizzard wants to emphasize that the player knows THAT SPECIFIC CLASS well enough, but for both PvP and Challenge Modes, a group can easily change one character out for an alt.

I would love for PvP rewards and Challenge modes to be account wide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Mmm, yes, this is what I meant:
    http://www.wowdb.com/spells/100332-vicious-war-steed

That shows the three different achievement levels and you get a mount for each one. I got one on my priest but kind of stopped PvP'ing and my guild broke up before I got further into the achievements. I knew the second one could be sent to another toon and the third one was account bound. Looks like that might have changed.

Things got a little wonky when they added in the "saddle" token and ability to send account bound items cross realm and cross faction.
    I think that one is outdated since you only need 40 wins now.
    Anyone who knows more about this? If its true that
    the third one is account bound ill gladly win 200 more games.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, since mastering a class is piss easy on PvE, all you have to do is your DPS cycle. PvE is more centered about boss strategies that are the same for similar classes.
    If you're able to succesfully respect a boss strategy on X class, you're likely going to be able to do it on every class.
    Yea wait just let me switch on my holy pally and do Garrosh normal. Oh wait. I never healed before.

When you can go back and obtain a Gladiator drake;
    Then should they allow it to become account wide.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a completely stupid policy, it IS working as intended though.

I really don't see the reasoning behind keeping Vicious Mounts on one character though..

"But we want to give rewards to PvPers that show off their skill with a particular class!"

Cool, that's what Glad mounts are for. I'm pretty sure H Garrosh (Which gives an Account Bound mount.) takes more skill on X class, than 100 3's wins/40 RBG wins, it doesn't really take 'mastery' to achieve either of those marks.

"But we want to artificially extend the life of PvP!"

Cool, PvPers will still do PvP so that they can PvP. Yes, they might ask for rewards every now and then, but considering Mounts/Pets are showered on raiders, I'd say they have valid complaints; And no, forcing an idiotic mount restriction isn't a reward.

I'm not saying PvP is superior to PvE, but you're clearly trying the "harden" PvE.
    How thick are you?
    DPS Checks aren't a thing in PvE?
    Utility spells aren't a thing in PvE?

Have you ONLY done LFR before? Or maybe you've graduated into normals, either way you certainly haven't completed any tier on Heroic if you're not concerned about putting out maximum DPS, and not using utility spells.

No, since mastering a class is piss easy on PvE, all you have to do is your DPS cycle. PvE is more centered about boss strategies that are the same for similar classes.
    If you're able to succesfully respect a boss strategy on X class, you're likely going to be able to do it on every class.
    Where's your heroic garrosh kill, then? Easy mode boss mechanics, right? Just follow the rules, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    Where's your heroic garrosh kill, then? Easy mode boss mechanics, right? Just follow the rules, right?
    Heroic Garrosh Kill? I'm just curious to see if he's ranked (At the very least top 50 or better), ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    Well that encounter in particular is actually quite a lot more long than hard especially these days. But it's even easier to round up two other damage dealers and queue a couple 3s so I don't think the difficulty question really matters.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2014-02-06 at 05:24 AM.