Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Unlock All Mounts / Zones

I get why mounts were restricted at the time, but now with everything being account wide, and content updated, I think the mount restrictions should be removed. There is no great reason why I should not be able to use my seahorse in any body of water. Same thing with my bug mounts from AQ. Now, I am not saying to change the rules in zones like adding flying to Tol Barad or Ghostlands. I would just like to have the ability to use all of my mounts outside of their original areas.
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2014-02-05 at 09:16 PM. Reason: * Removed Cross Faction proposal. RPer's panties are in a twist.

10+ Year Old Account
    100% agree.

I don't agree. All examples you gave have their rare version that works outside of the their original areas, you have reins of poseidus, blue bug from archeology etc. They are rare for a reason. Same goes for racial mounts, almost all of them have rare version that you can use with both factions (with exception of elekks, trikes and mechanostriders i think).

10+ Year Old Account
    Orc on a Mechano-Strider, anybody? And yeah, I agree, I would like to use alliance mounts on my horde characters, and vice-versa for when ever I play alliance
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I don't agree. All examples you gave have their rare version that works outside of the their original areas, you have reins of poseidus, blue bug from archeology etc. They are rare for a reason. Same goes for racial mounts, almost all of them have rare version that you can use with both factions (with exception of elekks, trikes and mechanostriders i think).
    Adding the ability to use the Abyssal Seahorse anywhere doesn't take away from the rarity of the Reins of Poseidus.
    Adding the ability to use any Qiraji battle tank anywhere doesn't take away from the rarity of the Ultramarine Qiraji battle tank.

Same thing for Hawkstriders and White Hawkstrider, Tigers and Spectral Tiger, Kodos and Brewfest Kodo, etc.

At first I thought you meant just unlock all mounts to everyone, which would totally suck. But now that I see you meant just get rid of restrictions on most mounts I completely agree.

I want to ride my seahorse in other body's of water, dammit!

10+ Year Old Account
    So, it is a bad idea because it would make someone feel less... special/unique. Not really a solid reason to not do it. I don't wanna throw the snowflake card, but that is all your reasoning really holds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just annoyed with the Gyrocopter Mount and tailoring Mount. I can use mounts made by other professions like the jeweled panthers, even the sky golem and chopper from engineering but not the copter or flying carpet. .... Why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thebusiness View Post
    I'm just annoyed with the Gyrocopter Mount and tailoring Mount. I can use mounts made by other professions like the jeweled panthers, even the sky golem and chopper from engineering but not the copter or flying carpet. .... Why?
    Agreed. If they were CLASS specific like Lock, Paladin, or DK, I could see the restriction, yet these are only limited to the profession. It would be nice to have the option.

Deleted
    This game still needs to hold the RP aspect and mount restrictions stay because of it. same reason legendaries cant be Tmoged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Orc on a Mechano-Strider, anybody? And yeah, I agree, I would like to use alliance mounts on my horde characters, and vice-versa for when ever I play alliance
    Completely agree. I think more options are better, particularly when it is purely cosmetic. I'm sure if the lore knights need a reason, Blizz will provide them with one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    This game still needs to hold the RP aspect and mount restrictions stay because of it. same reason legendaries cant be Tmoged.
    This is a valid point for not unlocking cross-faction mounting, to an extent. But, would still not prevent me from taming a bug in AQ, and riding that bug all the way home to TinkerTown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Completely agree. I think more options are better, particularly when it is purely cosmetic. I'm sure if the lore knights need a reason, Blizz will provide them with one.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a valid point for not unlocking cross-faction mounting, to an extent. But, would still not prevent me from taming a bug in AQ, and riding that bug all the way home to TinkerTown.
    I would say again, RP reasons that they never went back to changing and just left it as they didn't see a reason to change (thus the AQ event mount being used everywhere) Everything before Wrath Naxx was restricted as a "get it whiles it hot" Issue and "Locked in the vault" (Naxx glory mount)

As for the underwater mount I'm pretty sure the one you farm lets you use it anywhere?

So, it is a bad idea because it would make someone feel less... special/unique. Not really a solid reason to not do it. I don't wanna throw the snowflake card, but that is all your reasoning really holds.
    And your idea is good because it would make people who don't have luck/dedication to get those mounts (since they are already in game) get them anyway to feel more... special/unique? Blizzards concept is quite simple - mounts typical for your enemy faction shouldn't be something common and I see more sense in it than argument of special snowflake, it's sad if you can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are rare versions of elekks and mechanostriders, if you do argent tournament dailies!

Monk Shaman

I had a bowl of nails for breakfast......without any milk.

Deleted
    And your idea is good because it would make people who don't have luck/dedication to get those mounts (since they are already in game) get them anyway to feel more... special/unique? Blizzards concept is quite simple - mounts typical for your enemy faction shouldn't be something common and I see more sense in it than argument of special snowflake, it's sad if you can't.
    While I agree 100000% I can't help but point out Both factions can ride a tiger, hawkstrider, Kodo and ram.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cafua View Post
    There are rare versions of elekks and mechanostriders, if you do argent tournament dailies!
    correct, and only alliance can use them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    human on a mechanostrider, using his orb of deception.
    yep, you get an orc on a mechanostrider.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Seahorse was a specific solution to a specific experiment, and is really only intended for that use. There haven't really been other times when I've needed that much speed underwater. Part of staging a quest chain under water is the experience too. I don't jump on the whole "immersion" bandwagon, but questing underwater shouldn't just be the same as questing on land, otherwise what's the point of differentiating the two?

I'm on the fence with the AQ mounts. They don't serve a purpose since all mounts are usable in AQ now, and while I would've left them restricted to preserve the uniqueness of the Black Qiraji Battletank, the addition of the Aquamarine mount really negates that, so it would be fun to see them all used.

I'm not into cross-faction mounts, but I would definitely only use mechanostriders if I could on Horde.

I get why mounts were restricted at the time, but now with everything being account wide, and content updated, I think the mount restrictions should be removed. There is no great reason why I should not be able to use my seahorse in any body of water. Same thing with my bug mounts from AQ. Now, I am not saying to change the rules in zones like adding flying to Tol Barad or Ghostlands. I would just like to have the ability to use all of my mounts outside of their original areas.

Something else that would be nice, cross faction. I would love to put my Gnome on a Skeletal Horse (horde mount) using the excuse I took it off a fallen forsaken I killed. Something of that nature. I've got some really cool mounts and would love to use more of them on any character I happen to be playing.

If they, say, change either the Blue Qiraji Battletank or Ultramarine Qiraji Battletank's coloration/skin/textures so that we can still tell them apart. Same for all other mounts that have rare versions that would become available because of this.

I agree with your OP, but I feel we need to be able to tell them apart, still. And yes, I have the Ultramarine Qiraji Battletank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    While I agree 100000% I can't help but point out Both factions can ride a tiger, hawkstrider, Kodo and ram.
    There are SO many reskins in this game, nothing is really sacred. Raven Lord has a fireversion, Hawkstriders have a white and pink version on alliance, even the touring rocket got a pink make-over. As for the special snowflake, your logic is flawed. You want a handful of people to feel special about their mounts, where I want EVERYONE to feel special about their mounts. If you cannot see the difference, I feel sorry for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a blue resonating crystal. Looks exactly like the rare one you get from arch. So it would piss a lot of people who farmed forever for it off. Same goes for the seahorse. They count towards the achievement already. Stop acting like rare/special snowflake things don't matter. It's what makes people play the game. If everyone had everything no one would play the game.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy