Poll: Did you roll your pure because it's pure ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I like my pure dps toons because I find them fun, but also because my guildies don't ever ask me to change my spec. I dps, and only dps.... Never tank or heal.... And I enjoy myself just fine.

Nope. I rolled warlock because of the lore behind it. And I stuck with it because it's so damn rewarding to play when everything clicks.

No i didn't roll it because it was pure, but because there was a spot free for a warlock, if i leveled it up. So i made the warlock, got into the guild and the raid.
    Somewhat because it looked like a fun class too.
    I could imagine there's more people picking hybrids for the different roles they have, than people picking pures because they think it's important to have 3 dps specs. At least that's what i've gone for ever since.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

I rolled my rogue just for the assassin like lore and the gameplay appealed to me.
    Never thought i'd be evasion tanking the last 1-2% of brutallus in swp because it went enrage and killed the tanks on the first kill

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I just like playing a rogue, that's usually the class I go for in most games.

Having said that I've learned to appreciate the fact it's a pure class. Not having the obligation to off-tank or heal has allowed me to specialize more in DPSing which is what I really like doing.

Deleted
    My guild needed a dps and they needed either a spell haste or crit buff. I was juggling the idea of going a boomkin instead of a mage, but I ended up taking the mage since I hadn't raided heroic with a mage yet and boomkins are kinda boring during progress imo. Had nothing to do with the fact of it being a pure.

This was back in ToT though, when raid CDs weren't as useful as they are now. I would probably pick a boomkin now if I got the choice again since utility > dps in my current raid group.

I didnt even know what a pure roll class was when i rolled my hunter back in the day.

I rolled my hunter cause it sounded cool not because all it did was pure dps

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I picked my main (eventually) because it was more fun to play.

Tried out druid (nelf) as my first class ever, was kinda fun. But I changed to warlock (forsaken) after a few short levels.
    Druid was still fun enough though, so after I got to 60 I started a new druid (tauren).

And ever since those 2 have been my most played chars.

I didn't roll hunter because it was pure dps, I did it because they looked fun, and my current main priest I rolled partly because they could heal but mostly because I liked the shadow specc.

Warlock. The theme appealed to me and it was recommended by friends as a needed class. I was somewhat dissatisfied with it at first while leveling as my first experience in WoW was starting a mage on my friends account and its pew pew burst dps compared to the warlocks slower dot dps. In the end I was very satisfied with the choice of playing a warlock and it served as my only max level character until late WotLK where I leveled a druid as it was considered one of the easier characters to level while also having the hybrid flexibility which I made use of for PuGing including 10 man heroics where having two roles can be a bonus in landing a spot. I still prefer my warlock for DPS.

From the perspective of did I want to heal, tank, or just dps then I just wanted to dps, but at the time I didnt really have the concept of pures vs hybrids let alone the end game balance shifts.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-02-06 at 10:48 AM.

I created my pures for the same reasons I created my hybrids: Class specialities. "Rogue sneaks around near invisibly? Cool, I'll roll one!" Makes no difference to me whether a class is pure or hybrid, since the hybrid dps spec is just as viable and fun to play. Although, having the possibility of switching to tanking or healing spec makes hybrids a sexier choice, even if I only ever play as DPS.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Rolled warlock because it was fun to play. I had no idea what a spec was, what a tank was, what roles you need in groups etc..
    I lasted for about 2 expansions, and then rerolled a hybrid, because I got soooooo bored of just DPSing I almost quit..
    Since i rerolled I couldn't play a pure DPS class anymore, variety is a spice of life, after all..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

I rolled a pure class because they were supposed to do higher damage at the time.
    Last edited by delus; 2014-02-06 at 11:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, the existance of the 'pure' dps classes I have, is all because I needed a new class for a profession. Then another addiction hit, I had to atleast have 2 of each class at 90 (Alliance and Horde) that was completed, and an additional few paladins, hehe.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I left D2 to come to wow so my 1st toon in wow was a Warlock, following on from my Neco in D2,

While walking around this guy just vanished and appeared behind a mob, I was sold on the rogue BS from that day to today. NINJAZ

I originally rolled hybrids when I started the game, the pure classes were one of the last I leveled.

I think the idea that they were solely limited to being DPS put me off them, but back then I assumed it was a lot more of a personal experience at end game.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    my main is a druid so im kinda used to have a lot of "trouble" obtaining different gears for specs my primary is healing , secondary is tanking atm , and it is the same since im playing (8 years) and im enjoying it, whenever i play just a pure dps class im missin' another role to do smt else

My main, and most of my chars are hybrids... I got a Warlock and a Rogue... because... I wanted to try em out.. Warlock is really fun!
    Didn't choose em because thy're "pure" though.

10+ Year Old Account
    When i first started playing, I didn't even know there were superior quality items around. How was i supposed to choose my class because of its "purity"?

I picked Hunter because I like archery-based characters. At the time, I didn't have a concept of tank/heal/dps in mind when I picked the class. I just wanted to play an archer.

Because of that, I doubt I'd change if I had to pick again. I've tried just about every class and I enjoy Hunter the most. I do regret not being as needed as a tank, though.