Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Instantly hacked at Olympics

I support a cash shop in WoW!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I saw this on the news. Putin better fix that. He's got bigger problems then a guy banging another guy. Also that's what she said.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh Russia.. You did it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah, I saw this on the news. Putin better fix that. He's got bigger problems then a guy banging another guy. Also that's what she said.
    Oh I got the wrong impression then. I thought it was the Russian government doing the hacking. Thought it was their way of preventing any attacks that might happen during the Olympics.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    Oh I got the wrong impression then. I thought it was the Russian government doing the hacking.
    I don't think so. It'd be pretty fucking stupid though.

Putin: Those damn homos

Citizens: ....We're being hacked!!!

Putin: Well....umm......it's not us.

Putin suck up: *Whispers* Sir we are..actually

Citizens: Wtf???
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would someone create malware for a mac? Is there a black market for photo albums of cats and half written novels?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I smell something fishy here. Hacking things just by having them connect? How and why has this never been done on a wide scale before?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I smell something fishy here. Hacking things just by having them connect? How and why has this never been done on a wide scale before?
    It's done very regularly on a wide scale, it's just that the Olympics is a particularly big stage.

You don't go to China, for example, without formatting your HD before and after you leave the country, before you connect to any network. And when in the country you only turn your wifi on when you need it, and you never insert external media.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone bothered to write a virus for Mac? That's nice. By the way, i've found this:
    link, russian language inside, please use google translate or w.e.
    Basically it says that 1775Sec and European Cyber Army! Tweeted about hacking apple database, appleinsider responded that by the looks of this database, it's old and outdated. I think this video related to them.

I think OP just advertises this website where he gets news from
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-02-06 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Why would someone create malware for a mac? Is there a black market for photo albums of cats and half written novels?
    Hahaha that was pretty funny. You deserve acknowledgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post

most journalists are probably using iphones, ipads, macbooks so it's a pretty smart idea
    a lot of the tourists and athletes probably do as well

also ebaumsworld still exists?

Deleted
    Kaspersky...haha what a joke, their anti virus is useless and when it updates (twice a day) it hogs most of the pc performance. Those guys are responsible for the protection at the olympics? Good luck people.

Kaspersky is extremely close to the Russian government. Putting their software on your computer is one of the most compromising things a Westerner can do.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I've been using Kaspersky software for almost 10 years without much problems. Guess that makes me a Sovi^H^H^H^HRussian agent!
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

This is just FUD.. you don't get hacked by connecting to a network!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrax View Post
    This is just FUD.. you don't get hacked by connecting to a network!
    It was never claimed that you got hacked by connecting, only that you got hacked quickly after connecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    I dunno, I've been using Kaspersky software for almost 10 years without much problems. Guess that makes me a Sovi^H^H^H^HRussian agent!
    But if there were to be a cold war 2...

Aint this on the spot what NSA is doing to people entering the US ? ........ was a news story like a week ago that whenever you use a WIFI at a airport you get tracked for 4-5 days by the NSA to keep track of people traveling into the US.

Mind that the news never did say anything was stolen and abused from them ( info ) just that the info went to a russian based server.

Sounds to be the same thing here tbh.
    Last edited by Drungan; 2014-02-06 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Kaspersky is extremely close to the Russian government. Putting their software on your computer is one of the most compromising things a Westerner can do.
    Definitely less compromising than anyone in the world (eastern/western/southern/northern/u name it) putting any software made in usa in their computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorbitance View Post
    Definitely less compromising than anyone in the world (eastern/western/southern/northern/u name it) putting any software made in usa in their computer.
    Probably. But who gives a shit about fairness?

15+ Year Old Account
    help me out here i need someone who knows what he´s talking about

how the hell did his smartphone and macbook get hacked, i mean, from start to finish, how did the hackers get the information that he´s connected in the first place, then how did they get into his devices and so on...
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.