Is there a reason for buff inconsistancies?

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but I couldn't find anything on it by searching.

Is there a reason different classes get similar buffs at different levels? Is there a reason some classes get a better or more powerful version of a buff than another class does?

For example, Priests get Power Word:Fort at 22, and Locks get Dark Intent at 82. Fort gives 10% Stam, while Dark Intent gives both Stam and SP. Is there a reason this isn't regulated and both classes get a "fort" buff at lower levels, and then it gets more powerful with haste for *both* classes at higher?

Druids get Mark of the Wild at 62, Paladins get Blessing of Kings at 30, Monks get Legacy of the Emperor at 22. These are all the same buffs, why such a difference in levels?

Some classes require certain specs for their buffs, while others get them regardless...Ferals get crit at 46, while WW gets it at 81, while mages get Crit AND SP at 58.

I can understand class balancing and trying to make each class feel unique, but if they're all going to end up with them at the end anyway, why is there such a difference in levels? Why not normalize them and give the classes the buffs at the same levels?

For example:

Druids/Monks/Pallies give Stats/Crit

Priest/Locks give SP/Fort

Warriors/DK's/Rogues give ATK/Mastery

Mages/Shamans give Haste(Both SP and Physical)

This way, bringing certain classes is still necessary but it is no longer necessary to search for a specific spec.

This is all just idle thinking, btw. Please don't take me too seriously, I'm just legitimately curious and quite bored at work

Because flavour, uniqueness among classes, and who cares when you're less than 90 anyway.

The first two are important because people like to feel special and different. Have you seen how much people cried over 'class homogenization'? Anytime we take a step towards making classes more similar, we risk invoking that whine again. And to be fair, it is somewhat valid. We don't want classes to be all the same, and they're not. But you have to be careful with anything that makes it seem as though we're going in that direction.

The last one means buff inconsistencies aren't important. Prior to level 90, class balance just doesn't exist. It's irrelevant, meaningless; the only time you really need to worry about buffs is in high end PvP and raiding. As such, to appease those who care about feeling like a special snowflake, Blizzard gives us a difference in classes whilst levelling. A small difference, but a difference nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Because flavour, uniqueness among classes, and who cares when you're less than 90 anyway.

The first two are important because people like to feel special and different. Have you seen how much people cried over 'class homogenization'? Anytime we take a step towards making classes more similar, we risk invoking that whine again. And to be fair, it is somewhat valid. We don't want classes to be all the same, and they're not. But you have to be careful with anything that makes it seem as though we're going in that direction.

The last one means buff inconsistencies aren't important. Prior to level 90, class balance just doesn't exist. It's irrelevant, meaningless; the only time you really need to worry about buffs is in high end PvP and raiding. As such, to appease those who care about feeling like a special snowflake, Blizzard gives us a difference in classes whilst levelling. A small difference, but a difference nonetheless.
    Yeah, I agree with most of your points. It's just weird as you're levelling up. I like how versatile hunters can be. They should make another class like that. Shaman, maybe, could spec their totems? :O

Shaman don't have buff totems anymore, all utility stuff now =( Seems that choosing which buff your raid needs the most is left almost exclusively to hunters now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Baium View Post
    Shaman don't have buff totems anymore, all utility stuff now =( Seems that choosing which buff your raid needs the most is left almost exclusively to hunters now lol
    I know, I personally hate it. I went back to my sham after playing her last in Firelands. Totems are broken and boring now. Feared? Drop tremor. Big dmg inc? Drop water. I get it, but I hate it. I liked totem sets. Having some sort of "Totem mastery" would be neat, like specializing in SP, Haste, or DMG Reduc and have all the totems grant those buffs.

Or something.