Deleted

Solo heal heroic Garrosh

Our guild is progressing on Garrosh hc 10 man. This sunday we will try to solo heal it with a resto druid. Does anyone know of any guilds that have tried this before or some possible logs for inspection?
    Last edited by mmoc483caafbe6; 2014-02-06 at 11:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not entirely sure it's possible with a druid healer on heroic. You can definitely do it on normal. I've only heard of priests being able to manage it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure an asian Resto Shaman solo healed it around the time when Paragon did it with a Holy Priest.
    When I did it as a Resto Shaman it felt solo healable as long as your raid has enough dmg reductions for the Iron Stars and the Empowered Whirls.
    So basicly if your raid has enough raid cds it should be easy to solo heal since there's not really a lot of dmg going except the Iron Stars and the Whirls.

Deleted
    On 10man, you'll have to ask your guildmates to play really defensive in order to solo heal as a resto druid. This include both of your tanks almost healing by their own the whole time, orchestrate perfect (major CDs) rotation and execution for every single whirlwind and transition phases, and of course not a single people making any mistake during P2 & P3. However P4 should be pretty easier tho.

To my mind unless you're Paragon on week~4, this is not a really good idea. Actually I think you will gonna feel easier if you bring a mistweaver and a lot easier with a disco, because you loose a dps but this allow your tanks to play more offensive and your dps to not "just survive" during high spikes of damage.

It is pretty challenging tho, I'd love to try it if my guildmates were not so lazy :P
    Last edited by mmoc66bf662027; 2014-02-06 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylael View Post
    On 10man, you'll have to ask your guildmates to play hardly defensive in order to solo heal as a resto druid.
    I think you meant very defensive?. Doesn't hardly mean "almost not at allt"?
    And as others said - never heard of druid solo healing it. I saw holy/disc priest and resto shammy doing that..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Thanks for the input. Last raid we 1 healed it with me as a disc priest but sadly I wont be able to make an upcomming raid. It seems that no resto druids are crazy enough to solo heal it ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    I think you meant very defensive?. Doesn't hardly mean "almost not at allt"?
    Yup you're right, I apologise for my mystake I obviously meant the opposite, sorry for my bad english !

For the op: well if you managed to solo heal with a different healer in the first place, it should not be as hard as if you were progressing on it. Feel free to record the broadcast of your tries if you stream it on twitch, that looks really interesting and I'd love to check on this !
    Last edited by mmoc66bf662027; 2014-02-06 at 05:03 PM.

Deleted
    We haven't managed to kill it yet, we got to p2 with one healer so far after 2 nights of progression. This Sunday our deathknight should stream: http://nl.twitch.tv/sevrez/profile feel free to tune in.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnis View Post
    I'm pretty sure an asian Resto Shaman solo healed it around the time when Paragon did it with a Holy Priest.
    When I did it as a Resto Shaman it felt solo healable as long as your raid has enough dmg reductions for the Iron Stars and the Empowered Whirls.
    So basicly if your raid has enough raid cds it should be easy to solo heal since there's not really a lot of dmg going except the Iron Stars and the Whirls.
    Druid, not Shaman.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

It was done with a holy priest, and unless I am mistaken - druids have pretty much the exact same toolkit as the holy priest, only the druid's toolkit doesn't suck.

Circle of Healing -> Wild Growth
    Renew -> Rejuv
    Divine Hymn -> Tranq
    That circle of light heal they have -> Efflorescence

They do have a few tools we don't like Prayer of Mending, Cascade, and PW:Shield, but I hardly doubt these would be the difference maker on this fight. Especially considering we have NV to counter Cascade, which is up for every other whirling corruption. I would try solo healing this on flex and see what issues you run into.

Quote Originally Posted by Whydrood View Post
    It was done with a holy priest, and unless I am mistaken - druids have pretty much the exact same toolkit as the holy priest, only the druid's toolkit doesn't suck.

Circle of Healing -> Wild Growth
    Renew -> Rejuv
    Divine Hymn -> Tranq
    That circle of light heal they have -> Efflorescence

They do have a few tools we don't like Prayer of Mending, Cascade, and PW:Shield, but I hardly doubt these would be the difference maker on this fight. Especially considering we have NV to counter Cascade, which is up for every other whirling corruption. I would try solo healing this on flex and see what issues you run into.
    The reason that holy priest is good for it is because of yellow chakra allowing you to roll renews for a very long time on the entire raid with significantly more ease than a resto druid would have. The part that you can cascade to have renew on the entire raid for every whirling is what makes it strong. That and lightwell that you have to click on is the highest throughput CD in the game iirc.

That and AFAIK there's an odd interaction with renew glyph and yellow chakra refreshes that causes it to retain the 33% extra healing a tick, but ends up going back to full duration.

I would imagine every healer (except maybe monk) could solo heal garrosh with good play. Probably easiest if you're a priest or drood though.
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2014-02-06 at 08:40 PM.

Is it possible to solo heal and solo tank too and bring 8 dps for this fight?

Deleted
    ^if paladin bubble can dispel the tank debuff or you have a melee to taunt inbetween in p3, then maybe. Otherwise, 8-9 stacks gripping despair explosion together with empowered whirling corruption will one-shot your raid through pretty much any raid cds. (probably not any, e.g. zen meditation by a monk if it works on aoe dmg, but will most likely be impossible to heal if you are not running with dps classes that can pop strong self cds on any explosion)
    Last edited by mmoc4b8d679785; 2014-03-31 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by archkiller View Post
    Is it possible to solo heal and solo tank too and bring 8 dps for this fight?
    Yes.

p1/2/4 are pretty much unchanged from 2-tanking. The tank gets his face kicked in, but that's more his job than the healer's.

p3 you get 2 explosions. The first is during EWC and is completely trivial (hits for ~150k, you'd get the same amount 2-tanking). The second comes later and can be a threat; 10 stacks=~700k, 12 stacks =~840k. Basically don't get a second EWC in p3, and if you almost got a second EWC, use a devo or something. Otherwise, 1-tanking makes the raid damage a lot lower in p3 (read: Nonexistent outside of EWC, exactly like p2).