Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If they can prove that WoD is fun, I think we are good.

WoW subscriptions are still below 2007 levels.

MATH: it's all in how you use it.

I don't play anymore but always check mmo-champion weekly out of curiosity. I'm so happy that they've actually gained subs this quarter.
    It's silly, but I really hope WoD has what it takes to bring back the WotLK sub numbers. I think with enough change in the right places they can completely counter the age of the game and get people back into it.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastified View Post
    WoW subscriptions are still below 2007 levels.

MATH: it's all in how you use it.
    And people around here seem incapable of realizing todays market != 2006-2007s market.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I wonder if this is inflated from second accounts that people never played but bought for the RaF reward changes.

Deleted
    200k less subs scenario - Omg! WoW is dying!
    No, it is not. It is still 7.600.000 subs higher than zero. Dead=zero. At most, WoW could be DECLINING, not dying.
    Even if Blizzard would consider 2 million active subs as the threshold to call it quits, we're still far away from that mark.

200k more subs scenario - Omg! WoW is unbeatable!
    Perhaps. Although +200k subs is a 2.6% increase from the previous mark, WoW still is 4.200.000 subs below its prime, which happened back in WotLK. WoW business model relies not only on copies sold, but on number of active subs.

This nothing but a storm on a teacup.
    Waiting for the Q1 2004 report...

Deleted
    Fake numbers - Blizzard are trying to hype their own game.

Deleted
    gz blizz im really happy that wow get back peoples

Deleted
    ah i see the people that got banned from the ban wave, bought new accounts aswell Goodjob in making new subscribers Trololol

Very proud of Blizzard and excited to see a positive growth in the standard decay!

Over seven million is an incredible figure in this life cycle of the product.

Subscriptions Q1 2014 may dip but as a gamer and researcher I hope that WoD brings it back to a solid 8M for most of 2014.

Good job.

I would like to see this graph with an overlay of releases and announcements/news.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Is the conference over... no beta news?
    This a financial conference call, companies tend to not do those types of reveals during them as they are strictly for investors.

Deleted
    Good work blizz

Unfortunately these numbers are going to take a face plant when people realize that WoD isn't going to out until Sept/Oct.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    Laugh it up all you want, but you are missing important things -- they are on an average decline.
    Contrary to what many on the forums feel -- appealing to those who don't care to grind is giving them a few subs back.

Also, if you look at the history of pre-wow MMO's you'll find others, like yourself, making simliar statements. Nothing in the World of Business is a guarantee -- and it's IMPORTANT to not let things stay in a decline if you value having full employment.

One would be a fool to think Blizzard or WoW will last forever -- and if you look at the chart, they aren't in the same glory days they used to be. Management would be wise to find out why. Your words have always been, and probably will always be, uttered in sheer foolishness. Why? Because if WoW where to be shut down tomorrow, people aren't going to specifically point *you* out and go "I told you so!" because your words have little power and infuence so you can say anything you want -- whether it's right or wrong, no one will care. Sit and think about that for 60 seconds. The pendelum swings both ways, my friend.

If you want my supposition then it's because of the relative ease to do content with your friends faster. Timeless Isle catchs you up on gear /fast/, LFR and flex make it even faster as you can carry many in flex. Notice how the stuff I'm hinting at is time. Time consuming does not equal difficult. This isn't to say some don't consider it fun, some do, but I would imagine "casual" people do not find it fun. Look at WoD and how gear is being handled -- all of a sudden it's a lot easier to go from tank to heals if you'd like to see if you like the change before you invest a ton of time in gems, chants, etc.

Remember this, and remember it well, WoW of vanilla is NOT the same WoW of MoP. Times have changed and they will continue to change. When you come back in an expac or five, remember it...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4 I hope your jokeing inless the warcraft fan base dies or the wow movies is bad you won't see wow die in your lifetime.
    Last edited by mikencarly; 2014-02-07 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grothrill View Post
    Fake numbers - Blizzard are trying to hype their own game.
    You're not allowed to give "fake numbers" to investors and the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    Unfortunately these numbers are going to take a face plant when people realize that WoD isn't going to out until Sept/Oct.
    the sub drop then won't matter wow is going to easily get back a million or 2 when wod hits for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    You're not allowed to give "fake numbers" to investors and the SEC.
    Wow, the fact that it's not allowed will surely stop them!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazzbo View Post
    >.>

You do know the executives can get sued by investors for lying them to and can go to jail for lying to the SEC right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzbo View Post
    ,,,, it's illegal.... dude, seriously... learn some basic stuff or don't post!