Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Heavenly Onyx Serpent - Rarest mount in wow?

So im bored and i stumble on this on blizzards site http://media.wow-europe.com/infograp...fographic.html

And it says on there facts that the Heavenly Onyx Serpent is the rarest mount in the game.

Surely this cant be true? You telling me there is more people with Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal than the Heavenly Onyx serpent?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well a lot of people just server hopped to get the Black Qiraji Battle Tank back in TBC so I don't think it's out of the question. And it could also just be referring to mounts that are currently obtainable, which in that case Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent certainly is the rarest.

Deleted
    They might be basing it on currently obtainable mounts. But who knows maybe there is more people with Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal than the Heavenly Onyx serpent.

10+ Year Old Account
    A number of ppl acquired the Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal waaay back when some gates bugged or something.

The Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent has only been available for a year, and is a very rare drop (you'll be lucky to see more then 1 drop per server per month from what I understand.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

When they fixed that the mount can actually even drop, it was outdated content but not that outdated, that you could solo it.

Combine late release, not many people actually killing Sha of Anger and low drop rate and you will find that very few people actually have that mount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    So im bored and i stumble on this on blizzards site http://media.wow-europe.com/infograp...fographic.html

And it says on there facts that the Heavenly Onyx Serpent is the rarest mount in the game.

Surely this cant be true? You telling me there is more people with Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal than the Heavenly Onyx serpent?
    The mount didn't drop for like the first 2 major patches in MoP...

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    When they fixed that the mount can actually even drop, it was outdated content but not that outdated, that you could solo it.

Combine late release, not many people actually killing Sha of Anger and low drop rate and you will find that very few people actually have that mount.
    This right here is the reason. They fucked up the loot table and didn't fix it until Throne was out and no one was killing Sha anymore. The Galleon mount is probably not far behind, but since his spawn timer wasn't reduced until Throne's arrival he was still killed a bit more.
    How I waste my time: Biter Comics

Deleted
    I have that mount :d i feel like a special snowflake now that blizzard posted that it's the rarest mount :d and tbh i've only seen like 4 ppls besides me with that mount, and i play on silvermoon eu who is suposedly the most populated eu realm.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's the rarest obtainable mount, I actually thought it was quite accurate that they chose this mount

Nvm now I think about it, big love rocket is probably more rare
    Last edited by Flowsion; 2014-02-06 at 06:16 PM.

TBH i kinda hope that this thread will reignite interest in people into doing sha of anger again seeing that nobody ever does it now on my server

but i doubt it

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post

You used to be able to server x-fer to a new server and obtain the resonating crystal and title long after the true AQ event was done and over with back before mid Wrath. Any servers that opened after 3.1 or 3.2 had the gate event already completed. Any server that opened prior to that was fair game for rare mount and title hunters. This means that there are probably several thousand players with the black battle tank and title world wide (but only several hundred in each region) while there are probably only a few hundred players world wide with the Heavenly Onyx Serpent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flowsion View Post
    It's the rarest obtainable mount, I actually thought it was quite accurate that they chose this mount
    It doesn't say anywhere in the infographic that it is the rarest obtainable mount. It simply states that it is the rarest mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    oQueue it?
    Thats what I do.
    I uninstalled that addon a while back

I kept getting friend requests all the time and tbh i couldnt work it out

anyway back OT

I got to admit the heavenly onyx serpent is one of the most beautiful mounts in the game and it deserves it rarity imo

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    ... waaay back when some gates bugged or something.
    The entire place was full of bugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rarest obtainable mount in game currently (excluding PvP ladder rewards?).

Sorry to say this again, but I have had 2 drop for me.

Stroke me for luck (/unzips).

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    Rarest obtainable mount in game currently (excluding PvP ladder rewards?).

Sorry to say this again, but I have had 2 drop for me.

Stroke me for luck (/unzips).
    Im tempted to rub my lottery ticket across your penis lol

According to WoWhead, the drop rate on the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent is 0.03% - one in 3,000 from a raid boss that normally (for every other raid mount ever except a couple Cata mounts which were higher in DS; Heroic DS is 15%) have drop chances of 1%.

Doing the math, to get to the point where you've had a ~50% chance to see the mount requires around 2,500 kills (53% chance to have seen it). That's 2,500 weeks, or nearly forty nine years.

Even assuming coins, which is like 10% chance for gear, so a one in thirty thousand (10% of 0.03% is 0.003%) chance... actually, that's pretty much a negligible increase in drop chance. You're looking at half a century to reliably pick up this mount.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=30

Seems accurate enough. They also have rarest pets, titles, etc.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    I'd probably put my money on that official blizzard information is as close to true as you could possibly get.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    According to WoWhead, the drop rate on the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent is 0.03%

You're looking at half a century to reliably pick up this mount.
    As noted earlier, the mount was on the loot table at the start of MoP but there was no confirmed drops until Throne of Thunder when supposedly Blizzard fixed the loot table. So, forever, Wowhead will have bad stats since everyone that killed Sha from the start of MoP and submitted to Wowhead was always submitting 0 for no drop.

Given that almost no groups go kill Sha compared with 5.0/5.1/5.2, the stats will languish. Once the boss is more soloable in WoD, we could see the Wowhead numbers start to creep up slowly, but it will take a long long time to normalize them correctly (centuries! )

It's so rare because it wasn't obtainable when it was being killed regularly, and now that it's irrelevant, hardly anyone kills it. I try to get a group together to kill it every week, even when offering people 1-2k gold just to show up and deal damage, it's hard to get enough people interested.

Looks like it will be something I will have to solo farm in 8.0 or 9.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.