Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    So much in this chart was just plain wrong. I guess they checked how many people have a mount. Since the Sha was bugged for a long time and did not drop any mount it's normal that only very few people have it. But the drop rate was fixed. The mount with the lowest drop rate and hardest to get is the Big Love Rocket since you only have limited tries for a few days every year and the drop rate is 0.03%. For a 90% dropchance, you need 7674 kills. Love is in the Air lasts for 2 weeks, so that's 14 attempts pr toon pr year.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2014-02-14 at 06:10 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    So much in this chart was just plain wrong. I guess they checked how many people have a mount. Since the Sha was bugged for a long time and did not drop any mount it's normal that only very few people have it. But the drop rate was fixed. The mount with the lowest drop rate and hardest to get is the Big Love Rocket since you only have limited tries for a few days every year and the drop rate is 0.03%. For a 90% dropchance, you need 7674 kills. Love is in the Air lasts for 2 weeks, so that's 14 attempts pr toon pr year.
    700 attempts per year. Could take a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

I'm thinking it's the rarest of those available. Otherwise, one of the Glad mounts would easily take that title as rarest mount.

Also I'm betting they're basing it on total accounts. While the Qiraji mount might have been obtained by more players, I can only recall only once did I ever see that mount for as long as I've played since tBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    So im bored and i stumble on this on blizzards site http://media.wow-europe.com/infograp...fographic.html

And it says on there facts that the Heavenly Onyx Serpent is the rarest mount in the game.

Surely this cant be true? You telling me there is more people with Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal than the Heavenly Onyx serpent?
    Because there's no possible way Blizzard would know what the rarest mount in their game is, right?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Kind of like i don't believe for a second that the tiny red carp is the rarest pet. Rarest pet is probably mini tyrael/diablo or the first murky pet from blizzcon.
    Mini Diablo isn't that rare, and neither is Mini Tyrael. However, I do agree that they definitely should be rarer than the red carp...not to mention Murky/Gurky.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah their list is from the obtainable mounts, it doesn't count those you cannot get any more, so it's not accurate at all=/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Yeah their list is from the obtainable mounts, it doesn't count those you cannot get any more, so it's not accurate at all=/
    Well, theoretically, Mini Diablo etc. are still obtainable - you'd just have to shell out "a bit" of cash for an unused CE.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Well, theoretically, Mini Diablo etc. are still obtainable - you'd just have to shell out "a bit" of cash for an unused CE.
    This is true

Deleted
    Its for currently obtainable mounts ingame. It has the lowest droprate of all mounts ingame currently.

The Black Qiraji Battle Tank, Oldschool Epic Mounts and Gladiator Mounts are 10 times rarer then the Onyx Serpent.

Quote Originally Posted by Loqmani View Post
    Its for currently obtainable mounts ingame. It has the lowest droprate of all mounts ingame currently.

The Black Qiraji Battle Tank, Oldschool Epic Mounts and Gladiator Mounts are 10 times rarer then the Onyx Serpent.
    Hello Necro, my old friend.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

The Black Qiraji Battle Tank +1

If it was for only obtainable I'd stilll out pink love rocket as a way rarer mount then heavenly cloud serpent

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    If it was for only obtainable I'd stilll out pink love rocket as a way rarer mount then heavenly cloud serpent
    I would agree with that as of current, seeing as the Heavenly Onyx can be bought with gold and it can be killed every week. The Love Rocket isn't on the BMAH and the event goes for what, two weeks? So you get 14 days of farming vs 52 weeks. Not sure what the Love Rocket drop % is but I would assume it would be listed as higher than 0.1% or whatever Heavenly Onyx is, maybe only be a little though.

However I think after the next Valentines event the numbers may change, with the level 16 entrance level to the dungeon. People can power up a bunch of level 16 toons and farm waaaay more characters which will increase the odds of getting the Love Rocket.

I haven't bothered with the Valentines dungeon since MoP, whenever Mogushan was the current raid. I got my Love Rocket back then and Headless Horseman was my elusive event mount up until the last event before WoD where I was doing it on 20 characters a day (I think - was something like two full realms).

I still find it funny my boyfriend hasn't got one of the Brewfest mounts, despite playing since Vanilla. Apparently he also isn't eligible to get the old Brewfest mount because he didn't hand in the quest or something :/
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

Quote Originally Posted by gsfgsjjkg View Post
    TBH i kinda hope that this thread will reignite interest in people into doing sha of anger again seeing that nobody ever does it now on my server

but i doubt it
    O.o what server do you play on? Sha gets melted all the time.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    O.o what server do you play on? Sha gets melted all the time.
    His post was 2 years old. I'm sure it's not the case now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mymori View Post
    His post was 2 years old. I'm sure it's not the case now.
    Oh bleh! I didn't realise someone bumped a dead thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    It's so rare because it wasn't obtainable when it was being killed regularly, and now that it's irrelevant, hardly anyone kills it. I try to get a group together to kill it every week, even when offering people 1-2k gold just to show up and deal damage, it's hard to get enough people interested.

Looks like it will be something I will have to solo farm in 8.0 or 9.0.
    I could solo Oondasta in WoD very easily, but I never did Sha then or now in Legion, is it really not soloable? Gotta try this :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gsfgsjjkg View Post
    So im bored and i stumble on this on blizzards site http://media.wow-europe.com/infograp...fographic.html

And it says on there facts that the Heavenly Onyx Serpent is the rarest mount in the game.

Surely this cant be true? You telling me there is more people with Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal than the Heavenly Onyx serpent?
    I think there is overall more accounts with the Black Qiraji, however, I'd venture to say a lot of those accounts have been inactive for several years and players from it have long since quit WoW.

Where as the H.O.S. is a much newer mount.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

This thread of mine has been necroed from over 2 years ago and its almost certain the Heavenly Onyx Serpent isnt the rarest now.

Back when i posted it really was possible that it was the rarest what with it not being on the loot table for a long time plus you know how difficult it is to get a mount from one of those damn world bosses.

BUT NOW? I do wonder what is the rarest mount in wow now?

The new kara horseman mount i have seen loads of people have it and i cant really think of a mount that very few people actually have except those really, REALLY rare ones like those ones given out by mistake or coloured mounts long since removed. I think blizz dont counts them cause those account prolly went dark along time ago.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-01-14 at 12:56 AM.