Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Some Reasons Demon Hunters and Warlocks dont share the same theme

So guys here im showing you some reasons why Warlocks and Demon Hunters doesnt Share the Same Theme
    First you must read the Demon Hunter concept from WoWiki :
    - First of all Demon Hunters are Shadowy Warriors. That indicates that this class uses Weapons to fight their Enemies. The Word "Shadowy" means that this class can also use Dark Magic. *Warlocks dont use Weapons to fight.*
    -Seconly These warriors ritually blind themselves so that they develop 'spectral sight' that enables them to see demons and undead with greater clarity. Something which warlocks dont have.
    -Demon hunters eschew heavy armor, valuing mobility and speed. They value mobility and speed so they can dodge or parry attacks in order to survive , but warlocks use mainly Dark Healing and Sacrifical Healing.
    -The Demon Hunters use mainly Fire and Arcane Spells. Warlocks mainly use Fire and Shadow spell , and that means that the Demon Hunter is an unique Warrior which can use Arcane Energy.
    -Demon hunters hone their speed and maneuverability to overcome their foes, which Warlocks dont. Warlocks use Dark Magic and Dark Shields , Sacrifical Pacts to overcome their foes.
    -Demon Hunters carry large curved Warblades. Warlocks arent capable of equiping Warblades.
    - The demon hunter can channel the chaos energy within them into a melee weapon to increase its powers. This is something unique which no class offers. No class can channel Chaos through weapons even the mighty Warlocks.
    -Demon hunters have the ability to cover their bodies in a shell of flame , which Warlocks dont. The Immolate Aura Version of the Warlocks burns enemies within 8 or 10 yards by burning the ground , but the Immolate Version of the Demon Hunter covers their bodies in shells of flames damaging nearby enemies(1-3 yard range maximum) .
    - Demonology Warlocks are the Masters of The Demons , but the Demon Hunters are the ones who destroy the Demons because this is the reason why they live. To Destroy The Legion.
    Read Here : http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...3&postcount=11

Many players say that the Demon Hunters wont happen because most of their "iconic" spells are given away to the Warlocks . Spells like Metamorphosis to Warlocks and Evasion to Rogues. It remains only the Immolate Version of the Demon Hunter which is unique and Mana Burn which is not in use to be able to Create the Class. About the Metamorphosis case isnt required by the Demon Hunters because most of the Demon Hunters cant use Metamorphosis , Demon Hunters like Varedis, Feronas Sindweller , Telarius Voidstriker , Leothoras the Blind etc. The Metamorphosis of the Illidan was a rare case. Giving The Demon Hunters demonic Stances which causes Fel Runes to appear over the Demon Hunter's body or Dark Transparent Runes which cover their body would be the best choice.
    Can Warlocks do this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB82pF_64mw ?!

Did u understand guys?!
    Last edited by Arberian; 2014-02-10 at 06:39 PM.
    My youtube Channel : Arberian021
    WoW isn't all about new concepts or themes, it's about classic archetypes that fit the Holy Trinity gameplay style of Warcraft.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good, iirc, don't quote me on it

There are so, so many threads on this same subject. You're baiting for arguments that are still going on in other threads on the same front page. Doesn't even matter if you're right or wrong at this point.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    is February oficially month of Demon Hunter?

ofc they are not the same as warlocks and they wouldn't give more or less options to play than other possible classes :P Every melee dps will share skills and playing patterns with rogues, druids, warriors, monks, dk or paladins. Every caster will share skills and patterns with warlock, priest, mage. the same with possible healer and tank classes. Even new ranged dps will be very close to hunter.

new class will be only about lore, color and name of resource bar and names and icons of skills

Actually im a fan of adding dh to the game and i would really like to see it happen

My own thought, they can just give meta, evasion, mana burn and immolation to them, who said classes cant have same spells ? A lot of the spells are basically the same anyways, except the names and graphics, its all up to blizz if they wanna make it happen

Or they can simply rename the rogue version evasion, warlock immolate aura etc and give these to the dhs

Or they can make metamorphosis a complete ranged spec instead of a CD which would also be very awesome

So many simple ways to solve the problems if they wanna make it happen, and i dont think it makes sense to say they cant do it, its more about do they wanna do it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by danieltang34 View Post
    Actually im a fan of adding dh to the game and i would really like to see it happen

My own thought, they can just give meta, evasion, mana burn and immolation to them, who said classes cant have same spells ? A lot of the spells are basically the same anyways, except the names and graphics, its all up to blizz if they wanna make it happen

Or they can simply rename the rogue version evasion, warlock immolate aura etc and give these to the dhs

Or they can make metamorphosis a complete ranged spec instead of a CD which would also be very awesome

So many simple ways to solve the problems if they wanna make it happen, and i dont think it makes sense to say they cant do it, its more about do they wanna do it
    Demon Hunters need different types of Metamorphosis( some Demonic Wings like Illidan) , and we can change the spell names of Immolate to Immolating Shield for the Demon Hunters.
    My youtube Channel : Arberian021
    WoW isn't all about new concepts or themes, it's about classic archetypes that fit the Holy Trinity gameplay style of Warcraft.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good, iirc, don't quote me on it

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arberian View Post
    So guys here im showing you some reasons why Warlocks and Demon Hunters doesnt Share the Same Theme
    I prefer the concept from Blizzard instead of someones personal take on non-canon information much of which is contradicted in game and actual canon lore.

In short - this passage is interesting but it would be better off if it was actually correct

EJL

10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard disagrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

Blizzard disagrees.
    fail example. illidan as a demon is a bad example of a demon hunter.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    fail example. illidan as a demon is a bad example of a demon hunter.
    This thread is about Demon Hunters and Warlocks sharing themes.

That image showcases how they share themes.

This thread is about Demon Hunters and Warlocks sharing themes.

That image showcases how they share themes.
    thats demon illidan. which completely different than normal illidan.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    thats demon illidan. which completely different than normal illidan.
    lol! Illidan is Illidan. Illidan's Demon Hunter abilities are in the Warlock class just like his Demon abilities are.

lol! Illidan is Illidan. Illidan's Demon Hunter abilities are in the Warlock class just like his Demon abilities are.
    Illidan in Hearthstone is also classified as a Hunter.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2014-02-06 at 11:49 PM.

I just don't think that there are enough good examples of demon hunters present in the Lore to actually say "this is a Demon Hunter" and "this is a Warlock." We have Illidan as an example, and he's not even really a Demon Hunter anymore, there's the guy from SSC, that one guy in Felwood, the guy in Blasted Lands, and the one in Darkshore. All of which have done very little to demonstrate their abilities. I don't think anyone really knows enough about Demon Hunters to be able to say whether they share a theme, or should be a spec of an existing class. They are similar to Warlocks, there is no question about that, but they aren't in the exact same field.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caninese View Post
    I just don't think that there are enough good examples of demon hunters present in the Lore to actually say "this is a Demon Hunter" and "this is a Warlock." We have Illidan as an example, and he's not even really a Demon Hunter anymore, there's the guy from SSC, that one guy in Felwood, the guy in Blasted Lands, and the one in Darkshore. All of which have done very little to demonstrate their abilities. I don't think anyone really knows enough about Demon Hunters to be able to say whether they share a theme, or should be a spec of an existing class. They are similar to Warlocks, there is no question about that, but they aren't in the exact same field.
    Actually we have a very good idea on what Demon Hunters can do in WoW. We have the WC3 hero unit, we have Illidan in Well of Eternity, and we have several DH NPCs from TBC to pull abilities from.

The vast majority of abilities from those sources are currently in the Warlock class.

The problem with Demon Hunters is that their distinction from Warlocks basically boils down to dual wielding warglaives and the ritual behind becoming a Demon Hunter. You can try and argue that Immolation Aura for Warlocks isn't like the Demon Hunter skill Immolate from WC3, but they seem to me to be purposefully mirrored. To also say that Meta isn't a huge part of Demon Hunters is like saying Bladestorm is not a big part of being a Blademaster or Divine Shield is not an iconic Paladin skill. To ignore what Illidan does in designing a Demon Hunter class is like ignoring what Arthas does in the development of the Death Knight class(which keeps getting new Lich King skills every expansion.) You simply can't have a Demon Hunter class without Meta.
    Last edited by Voidgear; 2014-02-07 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arberian View Post
    - First of all Demon Hunters are Shadowy Warriors. That indicates that this class uses Weapons to fight their Enemies. The Word "Shadowy" means that this class can also use Dark Magic. *Warlocks dont use Weapons to fight.*
    -Seconly These warriors ritually blind themselves so that they develop 'spectral sight' that enables them to see demons and undead with greater clarity. Something which warlocks dont have.
    -Demon hunters eschew heavy armor, valuing mobility and speed. They value mobility and speed so they can dodge or parry attacks in order to survive , but warlocks use mainly Dark Healing and Sacrifical Healing.
    -The Demon Hunters use mainly Fire and Arcane Spells. Warlocks mainly use Fire and Shadow spell , and that means that the Demon Hunter is an unique Warrior which can use Arcane Energy.
    -Demon hunters hone their speed and maneuverability to overcome their foes, which Warlocks dont. Warlocks use Dark Magic and Dark Shields , Sacrifical Pacts to overcome their foes.
    -Demon Hunters carry large curved Warblades. Warlocks arent capable of equiping Warblades.
    - The demon hunter can channel the chaos energy within them into a melee weapon to increase its powers. This is something unique which no class offers. No class can channel Chaos through weapons even the mighty Warlocks.
    -Demon hunters have the ability to cover their bodies in a shell of flame , which Warlocks dont. The Immolate Aura Version of the Warlocks burns enemies within 8 or 10 yards by burning the ground , but the Immolate Version of the Demon Hunter covers their bodies in shells of flames damaging nearby enemies(1-3 yard range maximum) .

Many players say that the Demon Hunters wont happen because most of their "iconic" spells are given away to the Warlocks . Spells like Metamorphosis to Warlocks and Evasion to Rogues. It remains only the Immolate Version of the Demon Hunter which is unique and Mana Burn which is not in use to be able to Create the Class. About the Metamorphosis case isnt required by the Demon Hunters because most of the Demon Hunters cant use Metamorphosis , Demon Hunters like Varedis, Feronas Sindweller , Telarius Voidstriker , Leothoras the Blind etc. The Metamorphosis of the Illidan was a rare case. Giving The Demon Hunters demonic Stances which causes Fel Runes to appear over the Demon Hunter's body or Dark Transparent Runes which cover their body would be the best choice.

Did u understand guys?!
    1st bold: Damn, I must be screwing up then with my staves and such.

2nd bold: Warlocks don't use heavy armor because of the same purpose, and WHOAH they heal with dark magic too?!

3rd bold: Demon Form would like to have a word with you about speed and agility attacking.

4th: My Death Knight can equip warblades, does that make him a demon hunter too? Oh wait.

5th: Again, Demon form: They make their entire body a weapon of dark magic and energy.

Summary:

Bury the Demon Hunter idea, it's not going to happen, and it's crazily dumb.

Has Blizzard ever stated that classes having thematic overlap is grounds for disqualifying that class as a future possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Has Blizzard ever stated that classes having thematic overlap is grounds for disqualifying that class as a future possibility?
    No, but there has to be enough room to allow it to be unique enough. When I think of a demon hunter, I think of a frost death knight, that stole their abilities from a warlock and call them something else. It's TOO close to be given any sort of unique ness and separation. I GUARANTEE you, that if demon hunters used a one handed sword, and not those damn glaives, no one would give them this much of a fight to be in the game.

It's the glaives, it's always the glaives. People can cry about how they used "x" and can make it different, but then you come up to the breaking point. You either have to have a set of glaives in every raid loot, otherwise you'll see them dual wielding swords, and at that point, what makes them so unique at that point that they'd waste hours making that copy cat of a class?

Blizzard say a lot of things.
    1st May 2013-->1st April 2014
    105lb-->166lb
    Bench/Squat/Deadlift 1RMs - 20kg/20kg/40kg-->100kg/162.5kg/210kg

Running geneswests 5/3/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Aulpe ‏@Aulper7 7 Jan 2013
    @Ghostcrawler You've said WoW cannot support an infinite number of classes.With DK and now Monks added will we ever see a Demon Hunter class
    Reply Retweet Favorite More Details

Greg Street
    ‏@OccupyGStreet
    @Aulper7 Is there enough design space there not occupied by DK, warlock, hunter, warrior?
    https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/st...11292543741952

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    No, but there has to be enough room to allow it to be unique enough. When I think of a demon hunter, I think of a frost death knight, that stole their abilities from a warlock and call them something else. It's TOO close to be given any sort of unique ness and separation. I GUARANTEE you, that if demon hunters used a one handed sword, and not those damn glaives, no one would give them this much of a fight to be in the game.

It's the glaives, it's always the glaives. People can cry about how they used "x" and can make it different, but then you come up to the breaking point. You either have to have a set of glaives in every raid loot, otherwise you'll see them dual wielding swords, and at that point, what makes them so unique at that point that they'd waste hours making that copy cat of a class?
    Its not just the glaives. Its the ridiculous amount of overlap. Especially with Warlocks.

The only difference between a Warlock and Demon Hunter is the glaives. That isn't enough to justify an entirely new class. It would make more sense to give Warlocks a melee spec and call it Demon Hunter.