Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    TBC: Magisters' Terrace (amazing music, love the Blood Elf theme)

WotLK: Culling of Stratholme (always wanted to see Stratholme before the Scourge ruined it)

Cataclysm: Vortex Pinnacle (really well designed instance.) Loved Well of Eternity too but it should have been a raid

MoP: Temple of the Jade Serpent (has great music and theme)

Vanilla - Shadowfang Keep (still a young player, didn't see the end game in vanilla, but I thought SFK was the best thing since sliced gnomes
    TBC - Magisters Terrace
    Wotlk - Nexus purely for an aesthetic point of view
    Cata - thought they were all pretty dull experiences
    MoP - same as cataclysm
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Vanilla - Scarlet Monastery
    TBC - Shadow Labyrinth
    Wrath - Gundrak
    Cata - Halls of Origination or Zul'aman (but still much preferred 10-man raid version)
    Mists - Mogu'shan Palace or Shadow-pan Monastery

Vanilla: Scholomance
    BC: can't really pick one, there were many I liked
    WotLK: cakewalk city troughout, not bad per se but just nothing special
    Cataclysm: The End Time ones
    MoP: meh, again nothing special

The ICC ones were well designed and fun to tank but too short, if they were 1 dungeon they'd be up there.
    I agree with the design but at that point I was already pretty geared and I only played two tank classes so they were just too easy for me.

Vanilla= All of them it was all new

Tbc= Shattered halls I miss attunements

The rest well its all recycled so I don't have any attachments to them

Deleted
    oh tfw i realise that mop didn't have any good dungeons like the old days.
    Classic: BRD
    TBC: Steamvaults
    wotlk: utgarde pinnacle
    cataclysm: any of the 4.3 ones, well of eternity i'd say.
    mop: none, all were so bad rushed out content no challenge, no story (apart from hehe pandaruu) and way to short. Glad they didn't bring out more in that expac cause the current team working on them is totally derailed from the once magnificent dungeons in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla - Hard to say, actually... (I didn't play back then yet)
    TBC - Magister's Terrace
    WotLK - Halls of Reflection
    Cataclysm - Throne of Tides
    MoP - Heroic Scholomance

Classic: I'm going to go with the original Scarlet Monastery. I always looked forward to that one the most while leveling.

TBC: Arcatraz was my favorite. Millhouse was fun and I always enjoyed getting snake trap up on the last boss so he would waste his time channeling his death laser into the snakes.

WotLK: Azjol-Nerub. It's short, to the point, and full of Nerubians (who were sorely under represented in that expansion). I know a lot of people thought Anub'arak got short changed in here and I kind of agree but from a dungeon design standpoint I really liked the place. The mushrooms, the webbing, the pit. I dig this instance.

Cata: While I don't think that ZG should have been retooled into a 5-man to begin with, I enjoyed the result. ZG was a lot more fun when it moved at the pace of a 5 man.

MoP: None of them stand out in my mind at all, really. If forced to pick I think I'd go with Gate of the Too Many Bugs because I have fun challenge mode memories there, but that isn't really praise for the dungeon so much as it is for the friends that I had there with me at the time. MoP kind of failed to impress here...

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    Classic: ZF/BRD
    TBC: MgT
    WotLK: UP
    Cataclysm: ZG
    MoP: Scholomance

As for which expansion had the best dungeons overall, I think it's either WotLK or Cataclysm. Cata dungeon bosses had more interesting mechanics while being more difficult so I'm gonna side with that one. WotLK had cool themes though.

classic: BRD (also my absolute favorite of all dungeons in the game)
    TBC: Arcatraz
    WotLK: halls of stone / halls of lightning
    cata: blackrock caverns
    MoP: don't really like them at all, but if I had to pick one it would probably be the scholomance remake.

Deleted
    Vanilla - Zul'Farrak
    TBC - Magister's Terrace
    Wotlk - Utgaarde Pinnacle
    Cata - Halls of Origination
    MoP - haven't done any dungeons

Vanilla: BRD. I just loved how you could hack through one single dungeon for 3 Hours. And the Scenery...

BC: I guess Shadow Labyrinth, basically because I'm a Warlock fan and like this whole Shadowy magic stuff a lot.
    But Magisters Terrace and Shattered Halls are very close.

WotLK: I really likes the Nexus Dungeons, although Oculus was such a pain to run with a pug...

Cataclysm: I liked the ZA/ZG revamps quite a lot, too bad the original raids hat to go though.

MoP: Not really a particular Dungeon that I really liked, except for maybe the Scholo revamp. Still I liked the original better.
    "Mages are basically Warlocks for Girls." - Unknown

BRD, because you had the feeling that you are adventuring through a dwarven city
    Shattered Halls and Magisters Terrace because of theming and the Arena-like battle in Magisters Terrace was very fun
    Azjol'Nerub, because of the visuals and how fast you could clear it and the speedkill achievement was very fun and challenging befor the nerf (5 DD no heal no tank, gogo! )
    Grim Batol because of visuals and overall boss mechanics and the DM remake was also very fun
    SM remake

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: BRD - I just adore that place.
    BC: Botanikum - Simply because I ran it a million times to get the D3 Shoulders for my Pally back in the days.
    Wrath: Utgard Pinnacle OR Pit of Saron - Imo the two least annoying Wrath Instances.
    Cata: Tolvir - nothing else came to mind and I liked the tropical feeling.
    MOP: Didn't played MOP and frankly I do not care.
    Last edited by Uriel; 2014-02-07 at 12:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Vanilla - sunken temple, i simply loved that place
    TBC - all of them, but if i had to choose one it would be underbog.
    Wotlk - Nexus, don't know why, but i always loved tanking that place.
    Cata - Halls of origination, shame it was sooooo much of wasted potential.
    MoP - All of them are awful, but shado-pan monastery at least have some redeeming qualities. So i will go with it.

Deleted
    Vanilla: SFK
    TBC: MGT
    WotLK: Pit of Saron or Culling of Stratholme
    Cata: Halls of Origination or Vortex Pinnacle
    MoP: Scarlet Halls

10+ Year Old Account
    people seem to be mainly linking dungeons they thought were hard(yeah it's enjoyable also but ehh)

personally my list would be
    dmvc(vc meant van cleef, dm itself was diremaul) such a fun learning dungeon loved the pirate theme, didn't like getting stunned or tanks that didn't get agro on the stealthers (i forget his name tbh but third to last boss if you count cookie)

BC would be steam vaults, man those fears...led to some interrrresting pulls rofl, bosses were pretty fun as well, hell even a soft enrage on last boss, pop to many buckets and he'd slice tanks up good.

wotlk...ahn kahet...come on mushroom boss was epic. lil schrooms sayin eat me eat me! unless you click on some bad schrooms then ugh! kinda like real life, as well as mind control boss, going back in there at the end, the trash would 1 shot tanks(casters in there do % damage, just try and pull up to first boss and live!) but skipping mc phases on last boss was fun(killed him before first mc cast went off even, so amazing XD)

cata...a mix between stonecore(pre-2nd ozruk nerf...like right after the first one went out, it became bearable but still challenging) but the fights! so fun!
    and the one you had to jump down and get snakes so ppl could click levers..(tired atm...wayyyy to tired /insomnia)

MoP, many new mechanics that i liked...but i'd give it the tree one, chaining the slime pulls at the start, such AMAZING numbers as a brm(op brm getting damage boost is op)
    it was just hilariously fun, and after second boss pulling to third boss, just runnin through all the trash packs, such aoe! such high numbers! so fun even if easy

though i do agree that mop heroics were way to easy, it doesn't mean they were less fun. (also the glyph for brm that makes firebreath daze enemies counts as an aoe interrupt spammable 3x, so OP for trash in dungeons)

tanked since bc- so DD just mindlessly spam buttons(so yeah can get boring), i get to see how much i can pull with pug healers(makes things fun and i like scaring healers)
    haven't done it with timeless/SoO gear, i quit for FFXIV-ARR but was at 540 ailvl before patch hakujaden-darkspear
    i'll be coming back for WoD i believe...depends on review tbh..as an altoholic i felt the grind on multiple chars, just to have it start feeling like work instead of play...then be slapped with them giving away stuff on timeless isle what i'd worked for...upset me
    Last edited by Christan; 2014-02-07 at 01:00 PM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    I know I'm supposed to pick just one, but that's not possible I'm afraid

For vanilla it's a tie between Blackrock Depths and Blackrock Spire, followed by Stratholme and Scholomance. Those were just massive and felt like real adventure.
    For TBC, hands down Durnholde, followed by Arcatraz. First because of all fun stuff in there, references, characters etc, second for looks, fun bosses and generally nice experience.
    For Wrath, it's hard. I loved every single one of those :P But lets say Halls of Reflection. But really, I think they all looked and felt amazing.
    For Cataclysm, Grim Batol and Vortex Pinnacle (they looked incredible!). Loved trio of 4.3 heroics too, especially Well of Eternity.
    For MoP, Shado-pan Monastery and Mogu'shan Palace. Again, for great looks

As you see I mostly care for looks and feel of instance. It stays even long after it's outdated. I still find myself soloing those for fun every now and then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic- SFK, I remember leveling my undead priest and seeing it loom over silver pine forest as this creepy castle. Seeing the sons of arugal elites patrol around silver pine plus dieing to them a few times was crazy! Then finally going in there and healing my first dungeon was craziness.

BC- loved mana tombs back in the day. Just killing the ethereal is fun and I hope they bring that back!

Wrath- definitely halls of lightning....or whichever one you kill the Titan dude at the end. I loved all the ulduar style instances.

Cata- halls of origination. I totally got the feel of being in an ancient pyramid and the 4 bosses at the end were so cool.

MoP- ide have to say shadow pan monastery, I did the quest line up to it and then I que'd for the dungeon so the lore did it for me...not really the gameplay

Monk Shaman

I had a bowl of nails for breakfast......without any milk.

10+ Year Old Account
    vanilla - strat undead
    tbc - arcatraz or possibly bontanica
    wotlk - halls of reflection
    cata - well of eternity
    mop - scholomance, the others aren't very interesting

5man dungeons are definitely the weakest point of mop