Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Gnome Lore: Time to Expand It

Gnomish Photonic : (Paladin)

The followers of the Holy Light do not worship any gods. Instead, it is a philosophy, training its followers to seek perfection within themselves. It is very much an active practice of virtue rather than a passive worship. Those who follow it closely gain spiritual awareness and guidance, allowing them to lead others.

Photonics find the Light to be a fascinating subject. As they are not followers of a religion, they are scientists who take interest in harnessing the Light in the hopes of defending the weak and vanquishing troggs once and for all. While studying humans and dwarves, the eccentric Photonic uses technology to his advantage and simulates the power harnessed from the Light. The Holy Light teaches that there is a connection between the self and the universe. This connection manifests as what we feel through both senses and emotions. When a person is moved, through seeing something breathtaking or feeling love for another, that emotion connects him to the universe.

As most Gnomes are usually thinkers, and not "feelers", they rely on the power of a small device planted on their person which harnesses the Light and allows the host to wield it just as a Human, Dwarf, or Draenei might.

Lore: Gnomish Photonic / Gameplay: Gnomish Paladin

Gnomish EcoMechanic: (Druid)

Druids harness the vast powers of nature to preserve balance and protect life. With experience, druids can unleash nature’s raw energy against their enemies, raining celestial fury on them from a great distance, binding them with enchanted vines, or ensnaring them in unrelenting cyclones. Given their interest in scientific knowledge and their recent discovery in the ability to harness and use the Light, Gnomes gave into their curiosity of Nature shared with the Dwarves, and studied Druids intently.

After many years of living among the druids, and seeing their various animal forms, an idea was born. Gnomish engineers set in motion an idea to craft a mechanical suit which would completely mirror the outward appearance of a Night Elf Druid, in any animal form. The undertaking to gather such materials took forever. But through Gnomish ingenuity, a cloning process has allowed the gnomes a more efficient way to mass produce these suits and equip them with the ability to harness and dispense the natural energy.

The gnomes have shared the resources of the forested peaks of Dun Morogh with their dwarven cousins for generations. Now, for the first time, they will harness the magic surrounding these resources using the power to defend themselves, and their home.

Lore: Gnomish Eco-Mechanic / Gameplay: Gnomish Druid

Gnomish Primalists: (Hunters)

From an early age the call of the wild draws some adventurers from the comfort of their homes into the unforgiving primal world outside. Those who endure become hunters. Masters of their environment, they are able to slip like ghosts through the trees and lay traps in the paths of their enemies.

Gnomish Primalists, following in the footsteps of their Dwarven neighbors have learned to blend into their surroundings, moving silently and swiftly. Thanks to a small device called T.A.M.E.D. (Tamed Animal Multifunctional Electronic Device), Gnomish Primalists commune telepathically with the beast in much the same way a natural hunter would. The device allows them to also track and train animals and beasts found in the wild. A full libram of Azeroth creatures (and beyond) display as beast lore, telling the hunter if the beast will be affected by the T.A.M.E.D. chip or not.

Since gnomes are already technologically advanced, and specialize in the construction of guns and bows, learning to use a weapon was not an issue. In fact, it can be argued that with the right gun, scope, and goggles, a Gnomish Primalist could shoot the fleas off a Worgen's back at 500 yards, though no one has tested the theory.

Lore: Gnomish Primalist / Gameplay: Gnomish Hunter

Gnomish Micro-Elementalist: (Shaman)

The elements are chaotic, and left to their own devices, they rage against one another in unending primal fury. It is the call of the shaman to bring balance to this chaos. Acting as moderators among earth, fire, water, and air, shaman summon totems that focus the elements to support the shaman’s allies or punish those who threaten them.

Gnomish Micro-Elementalists are no different. In fact, seeking a chance to shine and not be outdone by the goblins, Gnomes set out to make genuine contracts with the elements and harness them using solid, state of the art Gnomish technology. Using more sophisticated methods, and better materials, these Elementalists devised totems which would maintain the chaotic state of the energy while working harmoniously with the controller and the other totems/elements.

Shaman have the ability to resurrect themselves once every 30 minutes using their [Reincarnation] ability. Elementalists do not leave these things up to chance and their Reincarnation is powered by a Gnomish Fibrillation Unit (something akin to jumper cables or the Gnomish army knife). The unit still requires 30 minutes to recharge. Once again following in the steps of their Dwarven neighbors, and watching closely for so many years, the Gnomes have found a way to harness the elements and NOT be outdone by those rotten, stinking goblins.

Feel free to post.

LOVE the fact that the Gnome Druids would use the companion pet versions of druid forms

gnome stuff must be tiny because tiny fits gnomes well

so no, don't expand it lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

hunter yes.
    pally maybe.
    druid hell no.

anyway i wish they give gnomeregan back to the gnomes in game(they have it in lore) so i dont have to deal with that damn dungeon anymore.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Amazingness! Loving this post At the very least hunters already make sense and if Goblins can be Shamans....

Gnomes Druids are just so cute Gnome Moonkins :O!!! One can hope

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    you play undead right? Here's gnome lore that anyone can get behind. What do gnomes taste like? Are they high in calories? Will my nightsaber choke on one?
    1 - gnomes taste like smartness and oil;
    2 - yes, gnomes are high in calories, but magic, fireballs and dragons. there must be some sort of spell to slim down, so don't worry about it. the biggest evidence to this is the fact that blood elves, the most magic oriented race in-game, is also the slimmest playable race
    3 - it's highly unlikely that one's nightsaber would choke on gnomes. they don't have any parts big enough to choke a nightsaber. or a cinder kitten, as a matter of fact.

I'd be happy to expand the gnome lore all over the bottoms of my boots

10+ Year Old Account
    I support gnome druids. I'd actually roll a druid if such a thing came playable. I support all those but druidism for a shorty is so orgasmic.

Quote Originally Posted by AzureBeast View Post
    I support gnome druids. I'd actually roll a druid if such a thing came playable. I support all those but druidism for a shorty is so orgasmic.
    yeah if i was a Raid boss i would be laughing at the gnome druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    yeah if i was a Raid boss i would be laughing at the gnome druid.
    Who cares what a raid boss does. He'll be dead at the end of the encounter. Gonna give the raid bosses rabies by gnawing on their big toe.

Quote Originally Posted by AzureBeast View Post
    Who cares what a raid boss does. He'll be dead at the end of the encounter. Gonna give the raid bosses rabies by gnawing on their big toe.
    i cant take gnome druids seriously.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    gnome stuff must be tiny because tiny fits gnomes well

so no, don't expand it lol
    /bitchslap, get a job, or at least ideas of your own instead of shitting on others.

OT: I love you so much OP, brilliant stuff, the way you explain it works for gnomes and I love the looks, uber cute druid forms!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    i cant take gnome druids seriously.
    You don't have to. I can't take undead holy priests serious, hence why I don't roll one. See? Works like a charm.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    /bitchslap, get a job, or at least ideas of your own instead of shitting on others.

OT: I love you so much OP, brilliant stuff, the way you explain it works for gnomes and I love the looks, uber cute druid forms!

- - - Updated - - -

You don't have to. I can't take undead holy priests serious, hence why I don't roll one. See? Works like a charm.
    I like my job and I have plenty of ideas every day

I fully support Gnome Hunters. Why Goblins can be Hunters and Gnomes can't baffles me.

Gnomish sappers would be fun. Strap a bomb on their back and run into a fortification.
    Only Goblins and Dwarves should be sappers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    please make this pretty please. i want a gnome druid.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Would never play anything else if gnomes could be Druids, would be so cute with tiny animal forms

As adorable as gnome druids would be, I can't quite get behind that... Using technology to bend nature to your will seems like it'd backlash on you. Would fit more if there were gnomes who weren't all that into technology and went to the night elves to learn the druidic arts or something along those lines.

When it comes to paladins, there doesn't even need to be a technological spin on it. Paladins are literally priests who have been trained in battle. Both paladins and priests follow the same teachings of the light. We have priests already, no reason not to have pallies.

With shamans, no reason for us not to have them if goblins can.
    Last edited by Zazeeth; 2014-02-07 at 04:19 AM.
    Lurker extraordinaire

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes can now become all classes due to *Insert technology here*. That'd me totally awesome, right? No... Well, not for me since if each race can become all classes then there would be no race uniqueness anymore. Also Gnome druids don't make sense to me since Gnomes rely more on technology rather than nature. Gnome Paladins? Possible but Gnome hunter? Totally support it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only one that really makes sense is hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    As a long time Gnome player, I really want some gnome love in the next expansion. We have yet to be featured in anything besides a few jokes.

The race that has the boost to Engineering and makes all the guns in the Alliance, doesn't have a class that can use guns anymore.
    The race who has been the backbone and supplies the Alliance with the tools needed to win SoO, has one humorous bit during the raid. But of the other Alliance Leaders have epic story lines leading up to the Raid. Next expansion will be dreanai and Orc love, and we are sure to see troll and human lore expanded, but sadly they will forget the gnomes again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sygil View Post
    The only one that really makes sense is hunters.
    Hunters are mandatory, Paladins would actually make a lot of sense as well.

Druids, and Shamen have no place in Gnome society. We use technology and Science to get what we need, the Light can be calculated by science, asking elements to hand over power is counter to being able to calculate and quantify. And frankly hugging trees is not something a gnome would do.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard thinks otherwise. There are races far more worthy of the paladin class than gnomes which arguably won't get it any time ever.
    Actually, Gnomes are the most worthy of all the current races that do not have the class, they are also the race with the fewest class choices.