Poll: Would you pay $10 for a boosted profession?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Would you pay for $10 for one boosted profession?

If they're going to have boosted 90's, then might as well be able to buy professions a'la carte.

Whenever I level a toon I don't start leveling a profession till I'm at max level. I'm sure alot of others are like that too. Would you pay say... $10 per boosted profession? To be honest, I can't see Blizz NOT implementing this soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop giving them ideas.

OT, no I would not.

I don't see why they should charge for it, they should just have an in-game mechanic that lets players jump in terms of profession level. They could even make it fun in terms of gameplay, craft one item with a lot of ingredients some that can be hard to find and you are boosted or something like that. No point to charging for it. The same for levels.

No. It's not hard to get gold and buy all the mats and it's not hard to farm the mats yourself. But I can see people paying to get max professions.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd pay to have them jumped to 525 or 600. Leatherworking and Blacksmithing is all I have left to level and LW is painful.

It is really one of the ideas behind micro transactions. You can level the profession yourself and spend no money, or you can pay for convenience.
    Last edited by Splatter; 2014-02-07 at 02:25 AM.

Depends on the profession, also depends on my mood on that particular day.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Nah, I usually spend 10k to buy the "profession kit 1-600" and level it in 2 hours (all thoose crafts are the only thing that takes time).

Veteran bonus already boosts both your professions to level 600 + first aid to 600. If its under 30 dollars, you can think of it as being a 10$ boost to 3 professions when you buy a level 90 character. You cannot do this on a character already level 90 or higher.

But in general, I am against boosted professions for actual money.
    Chronomancer Club

To me it's a mixed bag...

The good, well obviously can skip the boring parts of a profession, personally Blizzard should go back and change the old school items to craft. Make it more engaging to level up professions while leveling a character, since as it stands dungeons, quests, and even the bag you get for completing dungeons at low levels are more rewarding.

The bad would be it would hurt the economy a little. If people don't need X/Y/Z materials anymore to level up, means that stuff won't sell. Obviously this isn't saying that EVERYONE will go out and pay for a profession upgrade, but just something to think about.

Truly it wouldn't bother me much other then it possibly effecting the economy, other then that, go for it. If people want to dish out money to do it, by all means, go for it. Truly it's not hard to level professions since there's so many guides on how to get there quickly.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you know what I would do? I would get the extra slots from PRE-Ordering Diablo 3 expansion.

After that I would follow these steps.
    . Step 1 - Buy 13? level 90s. Take my money Blizzard.
    . Step 2 - Buy 2x Proffesions for every 13 character - Each with Alchemy and a other proffesion with a craftable daily. So that's 26 Proffesion buys.
    . Step 3 - All dat gold at first day of a expansion.
    . Step 4 - Buy transmog all the companions and transmogs.
    . Goal - Watch all them tears from people crying how buying 90s and boosted proffesion is "cheating/pay2win".

Ahh dat face I would make..

I SUPPORT YOU BLIZZARD, TAKE MY CREDIT CARD IT'S YOURS

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah the profession thing actually hurts the economy. That's why.

But on a side note.. why don't we just take all the game out of the game and just stand there and have dead bodies fall infront of our characters with loot on it
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

no

too expensive.

professions are too easy, and differently from levels, they don't create entry barriers. you can be level 0 at engineering, and you'll still be able to play with your max level friends if your toon is max level too.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Definitely, but as much as I support level 90 boosts I think this would be a very bad idea. The problem this would cause is all in-game crafting materials dropping in price along with possibly more side effects. That is something that would alter the game too much and isn't something I support.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, this obsession with the store is getting ridiculous. I don't pay extra to not play a game I'm already paying for.

Deleted
    I know I may be going to extremes, but what's the point of playing games when you can pay to skip the content they offer. It may sound great at first when you've done that content for the hundredth time, but the more options to skip the content we get, the less we find ourselves actually playing the game.
    Let's say they allow you to pay to skip everything that you find boring in the game. How much of the game would you really play then?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    No I would not.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes Yes Yes! I would buy max professions for every new character I make.

The second they do this it becomes Pay to win.

Deleted
    I wouldn't but i'm not sure wether it's a good or a bad idea.
    I mean, it's true professions are nothing but a stupid grind. But some of them offer stats advantage, so I think it's too close to a P2W model to allow that.
    Also, it might destroy WoW's economy, since it is mainly based on the fact that not everyone has a max lvl profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    I know I may be going to extremes, but what's the point of playing games when you can pay to skip the content they offer. It may sound great at first when you've done that content for the hundredth time, but the more options to skip the content we get, the less we find ourselves actually playing the game.
    Let's say they allow you to pay to skip everything that you find boring in the game. How much of the game would you really play then?
    Simply because it's bad content, because it's a waste of time. That kind of shitty grind used to be one of the reasons why WoW was a time-eating game and is still time-eating (On a lesser scale).
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2014-02-07 at 02:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    If they're going to have boosted 90's, then might as well be able to buy professions a'la carte.

Whenever I level a toon I don't start leveling a profession till I'm at max level. I'm sure alot of others are like that too. Would you pay say... $10 per boosted profession? To be honest, I can't see Blizz NOT implementing this soon.
    If they keep adding more stuff to the ingame store that fucks with character power they may as well go f2p... I know this isn't something actually coming to the store officially, but I mean fucking really? If you're a millionaire outside of wow that shouldn't give you unfair advantages inside of WoW.