Thread: Trinket choice

Trinket choice

Hello there!
    im having trouble to choose wheater i take the Black blood of y'shaarj (non heroic/warforged) or Kardis Toxic Totem (heroic).
    Im gearing up my Shadow priest alt atm and i just can't decide what im supposed to take. Any experienced shadow priest in here for an advice?
    Which one would yield the higher dps?
    Last edited by Panetale; 2014-02-02 at 06:33 PM.

On my gear I was seeing about a 12k dps difference between those two. However that's in a standard sim, which doesn't properly account for snapshotting with high stacks. If you're confident in your snapshotting ability, BBoY has the potential to be exceptionally strong, specifically in multi dot situations, And due to the haste on the item, usually allows you to aim for higher breakpoints. As pointed out in other threads, being higher haste isn't necessarily better, but changes the playstyle slightly.

The KTT by comparison is a flat 5.66% dps increase plus the consistent int proc. It will be better all around at the tradeoff of super high spellpower snapshotting.

If you are comfortable snapshotting as mentioned above, The difference is likely to be much closer in reality. I would guess somewhere around 3k +|-
    Last edited by Nestar; 2014-02-03 at 10:32 PM. Reason: typo'd

Deleted
    Basically what nestar said.
    If i had the option of reforging before every encounter in SoO id pick KTT for Di fights and Bboy for ToF Fights, but that is just wishful thinking.

Thanks for that. It was just too confusing seeing many s-priests with KTT and then some with BBOY again. :x

I would always run with BBOY if you don´t reach the 18,2k hastebreakpoint

Quote Originally Posted by Yusero View Post
    I would always run with BBOY if you don´t reach the 18,2k hastebreakpoint
    And you'd likely be losing dps just to reach an overrated breakpoint. H KTT is higher dps than normal BBoY.

I have a Yulon's Bite, and on single target fights, I assume that would still be better than a H WF Cleave trinket since the cleave trinkets don't damage the initial target and just the int proc wouldn't outweigh the Yulon's Bite?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    And you'd likely be losing dps just to reach an overrated breakpoint. H KTT is higher dps than normal BBoY.
    Good Rng with BBoy Normal can put it ahead of Hc KTT, but that is never reliable. Warforged BBoY is worth a definate consideration over KTT.

Also, you keep teeling people on this forums to have an open mind abou breakpoints and not just fanboy GCD, but you are the biggest 14783 fanboy iv'e ever seen, always hating on every one who choses to play GCD. Theyre close in Dps , but more haste = more fun. So just cut the crap already that discussion has been over for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazu View Post
    Good Rng with BBoy Normal can put it ahead of Hc KTT, but that is never reliable.
    Good RNG with UVLS can put it ahead of H KTT. H KTT is better because you don't plan around uncanny proc rates.

Blah blah blah ad hominem
    Yes, I prefer 14873, I've stated my reasons a gazillion times and I'm not the least bit interested in arguing with you about it. And every time people try to get to GCD by making suboptimal itemization / gemming / reforging choices and actually lose throughput in the process just because someone told them GCD was better and the cool kids use it, I'll make sure to keep telling them that GCD cap is not a significant improvement over DP+3.

Deleted
    Yes, I prefer 14873, I've stated my reasons a gazillion times and I'm not the least bit interested in arguing with you about it. And every time people try to get to GCD by making suboptimal itemization / gemming / reforging choices and actually lose throughput in the process just because someone told them GCD was better and the cool kids use it, I'll make sure to keep telling them that GCD cap is not a significant improvement over DP+3.
    QFT.

10char

THe difference between them it's so small it doesn't matter. the haste trade off for the crit/mastery gain is practically equal. I wish people would understand that but they dont. They think that magically going for a different one that they currently have will some how make them do good dmg, no they wont.

Here's a hint people:

gear + player skill > stats choice

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    Good RNG with UVLS can put it ahead of H KTT. H KTT is better because you don't plan around uncanny proc rates.

Stop trying to twist my words damnit. I said exactly this : Good Rng with BBoy Normal can put it ahead of Hc KTT, but that is never reliable. Warforged BBoY is worth a definate consideration over KTT.

No point in getting bitchy when i said the exact thing you meant.

Also : ... you keep telling people on this forums to have an open mind about breakpoints and not just fanboy GCD, but you are the biggest 14783 fanboy iv'e ever seen, always hating on every one who choses to play GCD. Theyre close in Dps , but more haste = more fun. So just cut the crap already that discussion has been over for months.

Nowhere in this post did i say its better, nowhere did i tell anyone to go gcd. If anything i proved your point. So just calm down and let people play what they want to play. Casters feel better with max haste possible and since you don't lose dps that way people tend to play with it. I dont criticise you for playing DP+3 , nobody does, yet you feel the need to defend yourself. I get you don't like anything i post on these forums, but at least stop trying to twist and turn everything i say in order to hate on it.

always hating on every one who choses to play GCD
    Have you ever seen me criticizing e.g. Drye or Jomu? They both play GCD, but they get to it the right way, without losing stats just for the sake of getting there.

I believe the purpose of forums is to help people make informed choices to improve themselves. A very common misconception is that GCD is better than DP+3, and people do all sort of misguided things to get there, such as missing socket bonuses (by blindly following AMR) or even returning to previous tier haste trinkets. I just tell them GCD is not significantly better than DP+3 (read it twice or thrice and understand the statistical meaning of the phrase, it is not fanboying for either choice).

PS. I don't hate you. We all know you are a good player and we respect you for that. I just hate posts made just to belittle and insult other posters without even solid arguments, which just happen to be 8/10 of your posts. Saying "this guy's an idiot BBoY screams of GCD" is very different from "GCD is not significantly better than DP+3" don't you think?

Deleted
    Have you ever seen me criticizing e.g. Drye or Jomu? They both play GCD, but they get to it the right way, without losing stats just for the sake of getting there.
    Maybe that's just me , but i like to believe that people are not braindamaged to the degree of mindlessly trying to reach GCD while ignoring every socket bonus.
    Every Sp, even new ones, that really want to optimise their gameplay should have read all the numerous threads discussing DP3 and GCD before spamming forums with obvious questions. Its those lazy people that expect to pick up a class and get babysitted to top performances by veterans with little to no effort of their own.

The threads are there , H2P is like a encyclopedia of everything concerning sp , and people who still screw up basic things that have been repeated numerous times should just get off their asses and read forums instead of mindlessly creating threads.

Don't get me wrong, i know these forums are here to help people with issues. Some are rather technical and i understand that some aspects of it are better explained personally. But coming here having done nothing at all , not even having gathered the minimal knowledge necessary to perfom decently , and expecting everybody else to use their time to cater to that lazyness is just infuriating.

/endrant.

I find your claims of someone being "lazy" somewhat weird.
    I had stopped playing this game for over 3 years and got back... IF not for the "lazy" people making the "stupid" questions I know I would've never known about the difference between dp3/gcd ... Or I should say the non-existant differnece... And it's not cause I didn't look for it. I always like maximizing my character so wherever I knew I could look, I looked.
    But you need to know that if someone doesn't know where to look he can't actually look (e.g someone that hasn't played in 3 years and blogs/forums changed since then , no more Spriest.com :'( )
    Your comments have helped me also , just try being less of a dick about it sometimes :P I was actually "rooting" for you up to some point in the "compare parses/epeen" discussion a week or so ago :P Look at this as advice not criticism :P
    Anyway on the topic, I'd always go for a BBoY of the same ilvl over a KTT ... But that's just cause i prefer playing with proccs and I'm a haste whore :P
    Cheers
    Zoulis

The threads are there , H2P is like a encyclopedia of everything concerning sp , and people who still screw up basic things that have been repeated numerous times should just get off their asses and read forums instead of mindlessly creating threads.
    After being one of the shadow mods for almost three years, I have learned a few things. People hate generalized answers. They only want to know information that pertains to them, they want the answer that tells them exactly what to do. Hold my hand please! And when they get an answer they want it reassured at least 1 more time after they've redid everything. People have the hardest time ever to follow rules. Look at our gear check forums, more than half of them can't follow a simple rule such as putting your spec in the title. People don't get paid to help you, we all do this on our free time, you can at least spend the 5 mins reading and following the rules so that it's much easier for the people who are trying to help you. And they will get mad because they didn't follow simple rules, it's your fault they didn't follow them.

People are just lazy and want you to spoon feed them answers. They don't realize we have such great community compared to other classes. People in this community do so much work and produce so much information to the public compared to other classes.

There are people out there on the other hand that do read/follow rules and they are always very much appreciated.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoulis View Post
    I find your claims of someone being "lazy" somewhat weird.
    I had stopped playing this game for over 3 years and got back... IF not for the "lazy" people making the "stupid" questions I know I would've never known about the difference between dp3/gcd ... Or I should say the non-existant differnece...
    I get what you are saying. Maybe i did not put it clear enough. Of course some questions have to be asked first in order for others to read the replys, but there comes the time where the same question has been answered thousands of times and is accessable all over the internet , and yet people still mindlessly ask them again and again and again. ( Just what Drye put so eloquently )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoulis View Post
    Your comments have helped me also , just try being less of a dick about it sometimes :P
    Well, thats my weak spot, i'll always be a dick about those things Don't think i don't know that !

After finishing a post i reread it and realise how cocky it sounds, but that's how i am. Being overly polite always gave me the impression of not gaining ground in a discussion, neither in a positive nor negative manner. Of course there's a huge difference between "overy polite" and what i am writing sometimes, but thats fine to me I was wrong a couple of times on these forums and my provocative style of writing always caused people to give me a hard time about it , but i have no problem whatsoever with that. I mean nobody any harm, i'm just a dick while trying to express myself.:P

^meany face. Completely serious assessment aside, shadow priest community is best world. Ridiculous how little infighting and bickering is compared to other classes, and the wealth of knowledge... holy crap.
    Last edited by Zulantu; 2014-02-08 at 08:54 PM.